Sith Holocron

Coruscant Landing and Takeoff Videos (for Jedi Temple Mod)

What the heck, I never did anything with my sad attempt years ago, perhaps one of you will do better.

I was hoping someone might make landing and take off videos for deathdisco's Jedi Temple mod.

A simple bullet point list of suggestions:

• Use any music from KOTOR, TSL, or SWTOR that fits your videos.
  • Use this skybox mod for the skybox.
  • Have the Ebon Hawk fly past either (or both) of these windows . . . image1.jpg.a5b4e2a300852331cf081e8846645vmTjEH8.png
  • completely optional: also add these 3 additional textures to your Override folder as well

If you're checking out this thread and you also don't have the ability to make movies, why not drop a like on this post to let people know you're interested in this request?

• Like 5

That certainly is a great idea.

If anyone wants to use my skyboxes for this, you are free to do so from my end. Just make sure you check the Terms of Use of scifi3d.com where I got the models I used in my skyboxes.

• Thanks 1

I agree and my asset contributions are also able to be used for this purpose. It's a great idea, really would be nice.

• Thanks 1

Here's a question for those following the thread: At what resolution should be movies be at a minimum?  Reply with your thoughts below.

Although this is something I've wanted for quite some time, idk who you'd get to do it. These are probably super hard to make.

I imagine it would take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. 

Plus I feel like only a few people out there would know how to get the Kotor CGI art style just right. The modern M4-78 videos are a good example, and the following is an example of someone who nearly nailed it:

Plus I personally think the Coruscant mod needs a big overhaul. Seeing reused modules in between the same game gets kinda tedious, It's part of the reason why I'm not really that much into mods like Brotherhood of Shadow, despite the excellent technical work behind the mod. It's just jading to see the exact same location twice in the same game, just changing the module textures from light blue to dark blue to try and sell it as a brand new place ain't gonna cut it anymore for me.

I've been thinking that a CGI landing/take-off video should wait until a new unique landing module has been made. Since porting modules in-between games has been something happening in Kotor modding more recently, I think a decent compromise would be using Davik's estate from Kotor 1 as a landing site for some building on Coruscant.... although idk what for, it's a cool urbanized landing area. That's just one idea however. I'd be cool with an overhauled Coruscant for Kotor 2 basically being half Taris modules since Taris isn't in Kotor 2 anyway.

14 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Here's a question for those following the thread: At what resolution should be movies be at a minimum?  Reply with your thoughts below.

The same as the original movies to ensure compatibility. In my opinion that's the only sane option. But I would definitely suggest rendering them at a varied set of resolutions to avoid them having to be upscaled.

9 hours ago, Mephiles550 said:

I'd be cool with an overhauled Coruscant for Kotor 2 basically being half Taris modules since Taris isn't in Kotor 2 anyway.

This is something I have been working on slowly though I don't plan to release it separate from my project.

16 hours ago, Mephiles550 said:

I personally think the Coruscant mod needs a big overhaul. Seeing reused modules in between the same game gets kinda tedious, It's part of the reason why I'm not really that much into mods like Brotherhood of Shadow, despite the excellent technical work behind the mod. It's just jading to see the exact same location twice in the same game, just changing the module textures from light blue to dark blue to try and sell it as a brand new place ain't gonna cut it anymore for me.

I certainly am not opposed to the idea of someone taking on a fresh new take on Coruscant.  After all, I did make a thread proposing that very subject in 2015.  (You posted in it as well on page 5, you may recall.) 

However, this thread is requesting videos to complete a legacy project.  In this special circumstance, your goal and my goal conflict.

I understand if this request doesn't interest you very much. Different strokes for different folks. That being the case, I'd invite you to discuss other new interpretations of Coruscant in that thread I just linked. And with the porting rules changed significantly since the creation of that thread, there's loads of things you can talk about now that people couldn't do before.  Go forth and spread your ideas about a new Coruscant.  Over there.

In other news . . .

In the original post, I mentioned (and linked to) 3 optional textures.  I thought I'd focus on two of them.

One of them (cor_flr5) was a texture remade from scratch of a Coruscant floor texture.  And that original Coruscant floor texture was a recolored Dantooine texture. My texture was originally made for Dantooine so it was pretty easy to change it to greyscale for use here.

y3OQjMz.png

The other is a texture that replaces a concrete wall texture.  It doubles the size of the texture and adds more detail in it.  However, I did match the colors to keep the original aesthetic. The left and right sides are seamless as well.

J0XnChq.png

Interesting post over on the Varkorverse Discord . . .

DrlWvT9.png

Computer?  That picture.. . . ENHANCE!

QaPrdjk.jpg

If anyone else wants to give this request a shot, now seems to be the time to starting making some announcements.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 2

sorry forgot to save properly. 🥴

Well your movie uses the Temple landing pad and not the landing pad you use in deathdisco's mod. But I remember this one fondly.

Yes , I used those models from game just need to use the narshadaa model for mod version. don't have those extracted though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Yes , I used those models from game just need to use the narshadaa model for mod version. don't have those extracted though.

Please note the skyboxes and textures linked in the first post. Looking forward to your take on this.

By the way, if anyone wants to share sound effects you'd use in a Ebon Hawk landing or take off sequence, this would probably be a good time to do that.