Sign in to follow this  
Sdub

MOD:K1 NPC Immersive Feats

K1 NPC Immersive Feats

K1 NPC Immersive Feats
by Sdub

Version:

Description:
In TSL certain items can be limited to certain characters, In K1 however that is not possible... until now. I sought to create a workaround to limit certain items to certain characters. Especially for when modders create items.

The solution I came up with was creating unique feats for the NPC's that do not have one.
Four NPC's already have a unique feat with.
Bastila - Battle Meditation
Juhani - Force Camouflage
T3M4 - Blaster Integration
Zaalbar - Wookiee Toughness

I created one for each:
Carth - Decorated Pilot
Mission - Streetwise
Canderous - Regenerative Healing Implants
Jolee - Hermit
HK-47 - Assassin Droid

One important thing to note. These feats are for immersion only. They do not have any active effects attached to them unless the active effect already exists for the characters, like Canderous and his regen.

This mod is intended to be used as a resource. I'm planning on releasing a few mods that will require this as a base. Feel free to use it as well, all I ask is that proper credit is given.

A huge thanks to @Effix for helping me get the mod properly setup with the TSL patcher.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Installation:    
Run TSLPatcher.exe and locate your swkotor folder

Uninstallation:    
Delete UTC Files for characters, icon images, and replace the dialog.tlk with the one in backup from patcher installation

Compatibility:    
This mod should be compatible with all mods

K1R Compatible:    
Yes

Tools Used:
TSL Patcher
ChangeEdit
TLKEdit
KOTOR Tool
Holocron Toolset

Big thanks to the KOTOR Modding Discord, Deadlystream, and @Effix

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/05/2022
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

I was really hoping someone could make a mod like this. A lot of mods really would have benefited from being restricted to single characters, especially appearance mods that make no sense when used for different characters.

Thanks a bunch! I'll try it out later when I get the chance. I'm guessing the UTC files are just to give the character the feats? If I choose to not install those but still add the feats.2da file, will I be able to edit my own UTC files in Kotor Tool and add the new feats to the characters myself?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mephiles550 said:

I was really hoping someone could make a mod like this. A lot of mods really would have benefited from being restricted to single characters, especially appearance mods that make no sense when used for different characters.

Thanks a bunch! I'll try it out later when I get the chance. I'm guessing the UTC files are just to give the character the feats? If I choose to not install those but still add the feats.2da file, will I be able to edit my own UTC files in Kotor Tool and add the new feats to the characters myself?

The UTC files are to give the Characters the Feats yes. In theory yes, for testing i used KSE to add the feats manually to each NPC.

The patcher is set up to manually modify your existing ones, or atleast it should to add the feat, obviously that would need a new game though.

2 hours ago, Marius Fett said:

Glad to see this released! Nice job! 😁

Thanks!

Hello!

I have a minor suggestion.

The other party members unique feats are introduced as "Prerequisites:" (Zaalbar, T3-M4 and Juhani) or "Unique Ability:" (Bastila). The ones you added have instead "Restricted to:". Perhaps we coud, for consistency's sake, adapt the text to the original so that Mission, Jolee, Carth and Canderous would have "Unique Ability: " while HK-47 woud have "Prerequisites:".

It would also be nice if it was possible to give a very small bonus of some kind for those party members whose new unique feats do not translate into any kind of benefit (Mission, Jolee, Carth) but I don't know if that is possible.

Cheers!

PS: There is a typo in Mission's feat description.

PS2: One interesting thing to mention is that K1's dialog tlk file includes a few strings where unique feats were planned for 2 party members (Bastila and Jolee) that either ended up with none or with a different one:

BODY FUEL

Unique Ability: Bastila

Body Fuel is an activated ability that lasts for 30 seconds. During this time Bastila regenerates all of her Force points every round (3 seconds). However, whenever she uses a Force Power, she takes Vitality damage equal to the Force Point cost of the power.

PSYCHIC STATIC

Unique Ability: Jolee 

Psychic Static is an activated ability. It lasts for 6 seconds per level. For its duration, all enemies in the area of effect (8-meter radius around Jolee) come under a confusion effect. There is a 20% chance that the creature acts normally, a 40% chance that the creature attacks its nearest ally and a 40% chance that the creature does nothing.

Edited by Salk

5 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello!

I have a minor suggestion.

The other party members unique feats are introduced as "Prerequisites:" (Zaalbar, T3-M4 and Juhani) or "Unique Ability:" (Bastila). The ones you added have instead "Restricted to:". Perhaps we coud, for consistency's sake, adapt the text to the original so that Mission, Jolee, Carth and Canderous would have "Unique Ability: " while HK-47 woud have "Prerequisites:".

It would also be nice if it was possible to give a very small bonus of some kind for those party members whose new unique feats do not translate into any kind of benefit (Mission, Jolee, Carth) but I don't know if that is possible.

Cheers!

PS: There is a typo in Mission's feat description.

PS2: One interesting thing to mention is that K1's dialog tlk file includes a few strings where unique feats were planned for 2 party members (Bastila and Jolee) that either ended up with none or with a different one:

BODY FUEL

Unique Ability: Bastila

Body Fuel is an activated ability that lasts for 30 seconds. During this time Bastila regenerates all of her Force points every round (3 seconds). However, whenever she uses a Force Power, she takes Vitality damage equal to the Force Point cost of the power.

PSYCHIC STATIC

Psychic Static is an activated ability. It lasts for 6 seconds per level. For its duration, all enemies in the area of effect (8-meter radius around Jolee) come under a confusion effect. There is a 20% chance that the creature acts normally, a 40% chance that the creature attacks its nearest ally and a 40% chance that the creature does nothing.

I like your suggestion for the bonuses, I made them reference the skills they already have but unfortunately it's out of my skill level, as i intended this to just be immersive.

Ill take the consistency stuff under consideration but I'm taking a little modding break for the time being. But by all means if you want to use this and make your own version you may do so. That's the intention of the mod.

And I misspelled disappear, dangit 

Hello again, Sdub!

I have made a few text modification to your nice unique feat list and I started adding a small bonus to Jolee.

Now the Hermit feat is so described:

Jolee has survived in the harsh Kashyyyk wilds for quite some time. With that experience he has learned to make efficient use of any medpack (+10% bonus).

I used TamerBill's Content Pack: Feats and Powers (K1 ver) 1.67 as reference.

If I can come with some decent ideas, I would like for Carth's and Mission's unique feats to grant some small bonus as well.

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Salk said:

Hello again, Sdub!

I have made a few text modification to your nice unique feat list and I started adding a small bonus to Jolee.

Now the Hermit feat is so described:

Jolee has survived in the harsh Kashyyyk wilds for quite some time. With that experience he has learned to make efficient use of any medpack (+10% bonus).

I used TamerBill's Content Pack: Feats and Powers (K1 ver) 1.67 as reference.

If I can come with some decent ideas, I would like for Carth's and Mission's unique feats to grant some small bonus as well.

Cheers!

I'll be looking forward to seeing your versions release 

48 minutes ago, DeathScepter said:

Armbands would be a good idea for your mod.   

This is just a resource for other modders to use. I won't be expanding upon it.

Sounds like a cool idea though, you should try and make it 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DeathScepter said:

right now with me, I am organizing my ideas with a heavy usage of basetime.2da. right now, i am busy with work.

I know the struggle, full time job and a 17 month old. The mod will be here if you ever wanna try

@Salk I fixed that typo, thanks for pointing it out.

• Like 2

For Mission I would like to use K2's Stealth Run feat and I am wondering if it is possible to "import" it into K1.

Does anyone know if it is feasible?

I guess I should ask in the appropriate section...

4 hours ago, Salk said:

For Mission I would like to use K2's Stealth Run feat and I am wondering if it is possible to "import" it into K1.

Yeah i have no idea 😂.

4 hours ago, Salk said:

I personally would love to see Bastila's battle meditation be a useable force power like K2

With Bastila Shan, Hides can be helpful.   In Short, Armbands and Hides can do a lot for your ideas. I don't think that K2 Stealth Run can't be properly ported given there are many new scripts within Kotor 2 that Kotor 1 don't  have.

DeathScepter,

would you care to elaborate? What do you mean with armbands and hides being able to help me with my ideas?

I'm not sure l understand.

Thanks.

For example, main reason why Canderous and Hk-47 can recover health and why Juhani can stealth without using a Stealth belt is due to they have an item hidden in their inventory.

Go to Inventory then go to Natural items you can the armbands and hides in there.

• Like 1

Oh I understand what you mean now.

I'll have to take a two weeks hiatus from any modding activity but I will make sure to explore this possibility once I am back.

Cheers! :cheers:

• Like 1

Salk, Like everyone here, I am here to learn how to mod Kotor 1 and 2.  I am happy to help when I can. And don't mind getting corrected when I am wrong

• Like 2

Thanks to Sdub's help I have a new icon for T3-M4's unique feat which now includes the droid's capability of functioning as a portable workbench.

I have also modified the k_inc_utility script to allow for Carth's new unique feat. Due to his status as decorated soldier of the Republic his presence in the party grants a +1 bonus to Persuasion checks made by the Player.

I would have loved to give Mission TSL's Stealth Run feat but it is unfortunately not doable so I will have to think of something different for her.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Salk said:

I have also modified the k_inc_utility script to allow for Carth's new unique feat. Due to his status as decorated soldier of the Republic his presence in the party grants a +1 bonus to Persuasion checks made by the Player.

Have you tested that? Editing an include file will not, on its own, do anything. You'd need to recompile the scripts that use the include.

• Like 2

Hello!

1 hour ago, TamerBill said:

Have you tested that? Editing an include file will not, on its own, do anything. You'd need to recompile the scripts that use the include.

I have not tested yet but I did recompile the game's persuasion scripts (k_con_perseasy, k_con_persmed and k_con_pershigh). It should be all, correct?

1 hour ago, Salk said:

Hello!

I have not tested yet but I did recompile the game's persuasion scripts (k_con_perseasy, k_con_persmed and k_con_pershigh). It should be all, correct?

Yeah, no worries, if you know that much you're alright.

• Like 1

Thanks to advice from both TamerBill and DarthParametric, I finalized Mission's unique feat (tested and working):

Survival Instinct

Unique Ability: Mission

Mission grew up on the streets of Taris where she learned self-preservation. She gains a +1 bonus to dodging and saving throws when she is the last one standing in combat.

• Like 2