Revanbeta50

Mobile tslrcm kotor 2 with npc over haul compatibility

1246399574_Screenshot_20220422-222229_OperaMini.jpg.330d45e8b5eafa29c579262a94429b54.jpgif possible please help us with this because I can't ues the appearance file so I can't really use the mod how it was fully meant to be unless someone makes a patch for mobile compatibility 1546905870_Screenshot_20220422-222404_OperaMini.thumb.jpg.44c45d7c6f36a0099c7e227a4d205afc.jpg

9 hours ago, Revanbeta50 said:

if possible please help us with this because I can't ues the appearance file so I can't really use the mod how it was fully meant to be unless someone makes a patch for mobile compatibility 1546905870_Screenshot_20220422-222404_OperaMini.thumb.jpg.44c45d7c6f36a0099c7e227a4d205afc.jpg

I have stated in your other thread that a BOSSR mod for Android "might" be possible, but I can assure you, never in our lives will an Android version of the NPC Overhaul mod be compatible with the Android of Kotor 2... EVER!

On PC, the NPC Overhaul mod has a very delicate system of TSLPatching. This TSLPatching method mainly consists of injecting NPC files directly into the .MOD files in the modules folder, this is because many NPCs in Kotor 2 use the exact same file name as one another and the only way to modify these NPCs is to place them directly into the .MOD files to prevent a conflict.

This mod is a real b*tch to install even on PC, it is a core reason why people don't like this mod. The TSLPatcher injection method has to be injected into each .MOD file and if you don't know what a .MOD file is it's essentially the file which contains all of an areas data (Citadel Hangar, TSF Station, the Citadel Apartments and Ithorian Compound areas are called 201TEL.mod, 202TEL.mod, 203TEL.mod and 204TEL.mod for example). Because there are about 80 areas in Kotor 2, that means you have to install the NPC Overhaul mod up to 80 TIMES just to install the mod properly, and this is on PC.

Only people who are super dedicated to a modded Kotor 2 would install that mod, what makes you think a modder would put themselves through that installation process if the chances of NPC Overhaul being compatible with Android is less than 20%.

Bro I ues this mod 4 to 5 times on Android and it is a bitch. Most of the mod works but the appearance file I need it to be able to patch with the kotor 2 mobile tslrcm appearance need it will be fix

7 hours ago, Revanbeta50 said:

Bro I ues this mod 4 to 5 times on Android and it is a bitch. Most of the mod works but the appearance file I need it to be able to patch with the kotor 2 mobile tslrcm appearance need it will be fix

As I am sure people have said, get a PC and install it to the game on there, then transfer it to Android. < that is the only way forward.

• Light Side Points 2

I have but remember as I said I need to combine the appearance file from the mobile tslrcm to access the full mod that's all I am ask I do have a computer but ever time I try to use it 

It says that appearance file already in override file so that means it needs a patch so I can combine the whole mod

And as I siad I have a computer and I have no problem with this mod but I really need appearance to work 

1 hour ago, Revanbeta50 said:

Really 

🤣😂😅

Probably time to wrap this conversation up lads, everyone’s here to have fun, so let’s not start arguing, yeah?

Revanbeta50, the advice which you’ve been given is completely sound. As N-Drew said, if you have a PC, you have everything you need to be able to modify the file in question yourself. Posts such as the above add no value and come across as very childish. People have lives to live outside of this forum as well.

If nobody has taken up the request for you, that’s an indicator that nobody currently using the site has an interest in undertaking the project. 

Learning how to make the changes yourself will benefit you in the long run and will mean you don’t have to rely on others with potentially no interest in the project.

• Light Side Points 1

U remind me of kreia dude u have wisdom in ur words  I know ur right I wish I could help people when it comes to modding but no pc hahahhaha. Can someone explain the rules I like to know the rules of this community.

I am sorry if I crossed the line bro I am only 17 and sometimes I forget that u guys r grown man and u have families 👪 and life's my point is u don't know how much kotor and u guys mean to me u guys can bring out the best in people kotor is my safe place and u guys had made it so much better for me

I just can't explain how grateful I am to u guys u guys r my hero 

Edited by Revanbeta50

Staff response:

I am glad @Marius Fett was able to calm things down before things devolved further, so thanks goes to Marius Fett for that timely wisdom. :)

@Revanbeta50 Reading back over things, it seems you have attempted in the past to work with the files to attempt it. I'm confused by your recent comments about not having a PC when you had one earlier on, but I know things happen. I am not familiar with the Android version's differences myself, but I can look things over (unfortunately, I cannot say exactly when) and try to help you. I may do some of the work myself, though this doesn't mean I'll do all of it. If I can have success, I can show you how to do it on your end. If that blows up, I can help some more.

Another matter to address: you said that you would like someone to explain the rules. I would like to direct you to the following picture, which shows where to go to find the rules for the community. Please take your time to read through them, and you can PM me if there's a rule you don't understand. I know @N-DReW25 already linked you to the rules at least once and pointed out that several were being violated. If you don't understand how a rule is being referenced after you read it, again please PM me or another member of staff.

image.png

I will say that there are general posting abouts against reviving old threads and posts about things that have recent threads open. The other post that you made about Lonna Vash for example is a duplicate of the issue you're having with a Lonna Vash mod and mobile TSLRCM, which is a recent thread. We try to not encourage spamming or lots of the same thread, so I will be deleting the other thread as the other one has more activity.

Hope everyone has a great day! 😃

• Light Side Points 2

On 4/25/2022 at 7:21 AM, Revanbeta50 said:

I have but remember as I said I need to combine the appearance file from the mobile tslrcm to access the full mod that's all I am ask I do have a computer but ever time I try to use it 

It says that appearance file already in override file so that means it needs a patch so I can combine the whole mod

And as I siad I have a computer and I have no problem with this mod but I really need appearance to work 

It sounds like you might just need to replace the appearance.2da in the mod with the one from your override, though you might also need to edit the changes.ini to ensure that it properly does whatever it is that it does. But I can't say for certain as I am not familiar with the NPC overhaul mod / haven't used it.