YourSoul1sMine

Character Level requirement for upgrades

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I like to ask anyone, is it possible to add a Character Level requirement for upgrades via by editing the .2da file for upgrades (can't memorize the name of the .2da file) or by scripting? 

To create upgrades, yes. For that you need to set the value of the row "level" in itemcreate.2da and itemcreatemira.2da files. Then upgrades will appear in the creation list of workbench only after reaching the required level of the character.

Thank you for your response. The itemcreate.2da and itemcreatemira.2da files is only for the TSL. I wanted to see if it's possible to apply a Character Level requirement for KOTOR1. For instance, acquiring an immunity: Mind-Affecting bonus for Darth Bandon's Fiber Armor from using the Mesh Underlay upgrade item. And then, applying a Character Level requirement for that specific upgrade.

I've seen Attribute, class, alignment restrictions, feat requirements for items, but nothing about character level or exp requirements. I'm not knowledgeable enough about K1 modding, but even if it's really not possible to set min Character Level requirement, there are some alternate solutions (not elegant, but better than nothing).

For example,

1. Create two versions of Darth Bandon's Fiber Armor, one with Mind-Affecting bonus and one without (this one will replace vanilla Bandon's armor).

2. Add a new dialog for T3-M4 about the modification of available armor. The current player's level will be checked in the conditional script of the dialog.

3. If player's level requirement is met, old Darth Bandon's Fiber Armor will be replaced with the new one (with Mind-Affecting bonus when using Mesh Underlay).

You can't restrict items or item properties by level in K1, correct. But if you really wanted to, one workaround comes to mind.

Create feats that are awarded automatically to all classes, either every level or every five levels or whatever. Then restrict items with the Require Feat property.

For example, give Darth Bandon's Fiber Armor the properties "Immunity: Mind-Affecting, Required upgrade: Mesh Underlay" and "Feat Required: 'You're Level 10', Required upgrade: Mesh Underlay".

• Like 1