Marius Fett

[WIP] Marius Fett's Bits and Bobs

Good afternoon, if possible, can you publish the Darth Vader model for K1?

42 minutes ago, Liserg said:

Good afternoon, if possible, can you publish the Darth Vader model for K1?

It's not really a mod I'd give a full release to, since by todays standards the model isn't that great. At the time, we weren't able to do the things we can do now in terms of having completely new body models, so AVol's mod was a mish mash of existing models and some clever trickery. I'm in the process of trying to find a better Vader model which I can rig to a KotOR skeleton to release publically, but not much joy so far in finding a model I like enough to spend the time on.

I've attached the K1 port of the AVol model to this for you to play around with if you want it, but the short answer is no. It won't be given a full release. Drop all of the files in the zip into you're Override folder and you're good to go. Vaders model will replace Malaks. The N_DarthNihilus files I included need to be present, as Vader draws certain animations from the Nihilus model. I probably could've changed that and optimised/streamlined a bit, but in all honesty I didn't want to spend any more time on what was originally meant to be just a quick experiment.

Enjoy! :)

avolvader_k1.zip

• Like 3

Thanks for the detailed answer

2 hours ago, Marius Fett said:

I'm in the process of trying to find a better Vader model which I can rig to a KotOR skeleton to release publically, but not much joy so far in finding a model I like enough to spend the time on

I hope that you will be able to find a model that suits you in all parameters. Let's assume you found the right model and implemented everything you had in mind, how will it be different from the existing model?

I've attached the K1 port of the AVol model to this for you to play around with if you want it

Thank you very much, after watching the Obi-Wan Kenobi series, I really wanted to play as Vader:)

short answer is no

I like the model of Darth Malak and thanks to the talent of@Alvar007he almost completely animated it. But when playing with dual swords, staff, blasters, then the mantle of Malak is not animated, if you know, can you suggest, how to solve this problem?

22 minutes ago, Liserg said:

Thanks for the detailed answer

I hope that you will be able to find a model that suits you in all parameters. Let's assume you found the right model and implemented everything you had in mind, how will it be different from the existing model?

I’m looking for a model that’s actually been designed as Vader from the get-go. AVol’s model is essentially a mash-up of the Nihilus and Malak models with Gsccc’s Vader helmet attached.

Don’t get me wrong, it was brilliant in its day and still doesn’t look too bad now, but I’d like to see something a bit more polished.

As for your Malak animation issue, could you explain what you mean? Not quite getting it from what you said. As far as I know, the mod you mention adds dual wielding animations etc, doesn’t it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marius Fett said:

Don’t get me wrong, it was brilliant in its day and still doesn’t look too bad now, but I’d like to see something a bit more polished

I hope you succeed, because there are very few mods that use Malak/Nihilus' unique combat animation.

1 hour ago, Marius Fett said:

As for your Malak animation issue, could you explain what you mean?

When Malak uses dual swords, staff his mantle passes through him as if frozen. Malak has no mantle animation for double swords, staff, etc.

18 hours ago, Liserg said:

When Malak uses dual swords, staff his mantle passes through him as if frozen. Malak has no mantle animation for double swords, staff, etc.

Don’t know if I’m just being thick here, but what you mean when you say mantle?

Also, I'm back to screwing around with TOR models. Ported over some weapons:

carths-blaster.png
naga-sadows-poison-blade.png
vibro-double-blade.png
vibrosword.png

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Marius Fett said:

what you mean when you say mantle?

In order not to clutter up the thread I replied in PM 

• Like 1

A little peak at what I've been tinkering with this morning:

Star-Wars-Knights-Of-The-Old-Republic-Sc

Not 100% happy with it yet, but it's coming along nicely! The model is from a Jedi Academy mod by HapSlash, the guy who originally made the Jedi Robes featured in the screenshot which DeadMan ported over to KotOR a few years ago.

Here’s a quick ingame clip:

What do we think?

• Like 7
  • Light Side Points 1

Obi-wan is just a MUST release thing! Looks good so far!
Really awesome to see you experiment with all this 3D stuff.

Feel like a lazy bastard compared to you 😂

On 6/7/2022 at 10:19 PM, Marius Fett said:

vibrosword.png

Hey @Marius Fett, after seeing this I'm very curious to know if you have a Sion body model that's aligned with the PC's neck. That's the main issue I see with the mod LoneWanderer managed to dig up. It'd be nice if there was a rescaled version too.

11 hours ago, Quanon said:

Obi-wan is just a MUST release thing! Looks good so far!
Really awesome to see you experiment with all this 3D stuff.

Feel like a lazy bastard compared to you 😂

It’s coming, just a few adjustments to make and we’re good to go. 😂

8 hours ago, La Ingobernable said:

Hey @Marius Fett, after seeing this I'm very curious to know if you have a Sion body model that's aligned with the PC's neck. That's the main issue I see with the mod LoneWanderer managed to dig up. It'd be nice if there was a rescaled version too.

The upper body on that model isn’t Sions. I frankensteined Canderous’s upper body onto it for a mod I’m working on. 

Ah, I thought it was the textures you mixed. A mix of models would be nice nonetheless.

Not much in the way of exciting eye candy at the moment, I'm still tinkering with Obi-Wan's head to get the weighting right in the brow area, so it is comeing... eventually! 😝

In the meantime, I've got a pair of models I'm going to upload as a modders resource:

I've sliced the head off the Sith Soldier model and edited the neck so that a normal head will fit on it, properly. In the original model, deleting the head takes out the shoulder area too, so I've done some editing to eliminate that and this is the result. I've also done a slightly scaled down version for females as you can see, which also uses female animations.

No particular project in mind to use them for, so as I say, they'll be released as a modders resource for others to get creative with.

• Like 4

Been playing a fair bit of Mass Effect recently and decided to fiddle around with porting a few of the guns over to the KotOR games from the Legendary Edition:

N7-GUNS.png

(Click for full size)

Done the four guns from the ME3 N7 DLC so far. May do more, may not. Open to suggestions, though! :)

1 hour ago, Mephiles550 said:

That's really cool! I know we had a few custom Mass Effect weapon models made for Kotor, they fit quite well. 

Yeah, there were a few recreated gun models released by Inyri back in the day. 

Now that porting isn’t considered to be naughty any more, I thought it might be nice to have the ‘official’ versions available to use. 

I may go down a similar route to the one Inyri took and have some of the less outlandish guns replace vanilla weapons so that they appear periodically throughout the game and add some variety.

We shall see!

5 hours ago, Marius Fett said:

porting isn’t considered to be naughty any more

Note that the rules only allow porting from K1, TSL, and TOR. Unless something has changed recently, any other porting is still no bueno. Otherwise we'd be porting over stuff from Battlefront and the like.

3 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Note that the rules only allow porting from K1, TSL, and TOR. Unless something has changed recently, any other porting is still no bueno. Otherwise we'd be porting over stuff from Battlefront and the like.

Well, bugger. Looks like you’re right. Oops! That’s embarrassing. Thanks for the heads up, DP! Looks like I misunderstood somewhat! >_<

Nothing to see here, folks!

9 minutes ago, Marius Fett said:

Nothing to see here, folks!

Because Mass Effect is such a popular series, many of the weapons have been recreated from scratch and are available under CCA or similar licenses from sites like Sketchfab. Sometimes they are called differently, but the descriptions say 'inspired by ME'. Porting from there should be fine.

Back on the subject of porting, I've started putting a bit of a modders resource together, porting some of the alien species added in TSL back to K1.

I've fully ported the Gand and Sullustan over so far:

More to come. Just thought I'd post a little update incase anyone cares! :)

• Like 3
  • Light Side Points 1

The Toydarian is now fully working in K1 as well:

TD1.png
TD2.png

The wings work perfectly ingame, both screenshots just happen to have been taken with the wings in roughly the same position. They look/work exactly like in TSL.

I'll include both the version with the hat and the hatless one when I release the resource.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

Will you be porting the Paaerduag to KotOR2?

Does it not appear in TSL anyway? I don’t recall seeing one, but I’m fairly sure the files for it are all there, even if they’re not used.

5 hours ago, Marius Fett said:

Does it not appear in TSL anyway? I don’t recall seeing one, but I’m fairly sure the files for it are all there, even if they’re not used.

I'm fairly confident they're in the files just not used.

15 hours ago, Marius Fett said:

More to come. Just thought I'd post a little update incase anyone cares! :)

I've done these in my old K1 Gameplay Improvement mod. I took that mod down as I planned to release my K1GI features as they're standalone mods, and for anyone interested in my standalone mods they're coming along well!

I've been meaning to make a TSL to K1 alien mod as part of this project of mine though I've had the issue where either the model would "half T-pose" or, in the case of Devaronians, the mouths wouldn't fully close (it was ignorable but it was still a problem).

Other than that, my alien mod managed to implement the alien soundsets so when you release this mod it would really speed things up on my end! :thumbsup:

Incase you're interested, I have two ideas for model mods you could make:

Spoiler

Female Sith Commandos and Female Mandalorians!

Sith Commandos are a variant of Sith Soldier found towards the end of Kotor 2, they look like this:

screenshot1.jpg.fe2100702c46ba9f1935e39a

Modded texture by Effix 

I'm also planning on releasing a Sith Commando mod for K1 so assuming you eventually make the Female Sith Commandos mod I could make a compatibility patch for the Female Sith Soldier mod.

A Female Mandalorian mod already does exist, but it was made by Inyri Forge back in the day and wasn't released as a Modder's Resource.

d4eb57eb3a6e7d5668f3f2f5a232ec9b-if_femm

My Female Sith Commando request is really just to cover my own hide with my own mods, but I know many people have desired to use Inyri's Female Mandalorians only to back down once they realize they can't get permission as they aren't active nowadays. If you make your own version of Female Mandalorians and release it as a Modder's Resource some of us would be able to bypass Inyri Forge all together.

8 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

I'm fairly confident they're in the files just not used.

I've done these in my old K1 Gameplay Improvement mod. I took that mod down as I planned to release my K1GI features as they're standalone mods, and for anyone interested in my standalone mods they're coming along well!

I've been meaning to make a TSL to K1 alien mod as part of this project of mine though I've had the issue where either the model would "half T-pose" or, in the case of Devaronians, the mouths wouldn't fully close (it was ignorable but it was still a problem).

Other than that, my alien mod managed to implement the alien soundsets so when you release this mod it would really speed things up on my end! :thumbsup:

Incase you're interested, I have two ideas for model mods you could make:

Reveal hidden contents

Female Sith Commandos and Female Mandalorians!

Sith Commandos are a variant of Sith Soldier found towards the end of Kotor 2, they look like this:

screenshot1.jpg.fe2100702c46ba9f1935e39a

Modded texture by Effix 

I'm also planning on releasing a Sith Commando mod for K1 so assuming you eventually make the Female Sith Commandos mod I could make a compatibility patch for the Female Sith Soldier mod.

A Female Mandalorian mod already does exist, but it was made by Inyri Forge back in the day and wasn't released as a Modder's Resource.

d4eb57eb3a6e7d5668f3f2f5a232ec9b-if_femm

My Female Sith Commando request is really just to cover my own hide with my own mods, but I know many people have desired to use Inyri's Female Mandalorians only to back down once they realize they can't get permission as they aren't active nowadays. If you make your own version of Female Mandalorians and release it as a Modder's Resource some of us would be able to bypass Inyri Forge all together.

The issue with the Deveronian head is because the way the head bones/weights are configured in TSL is slightly different. It’s just a case of replacing the rig for the head with the K1 one, which is straightforward enough.

Female Sith Commando should be easy to do as well, I’ll add it to my list.

As for female Mando’s, I was under the impression that Inyri’s had provided blanket permission for its use.

• Like 1