Marius Fett

[WIP] Marius Fett's Bits and Bobs

So! I've caught the modding bug again recently and I've been fiddling around with various bits and pieces. I don't have any of my old files anymore. so everything I'm working on now is totally new and created from scratch.

Something I've been fiddling with since I came back is a lightsaber hilt pack containing the hilt models from the original Jedi Knight game. I found a brilliant pack of hilts for Jedi Academy created by a modder called Plasma and he's kindly agreed to let me release any of his models which I port over to KotOR.

I've ported the seven hilts below already and they work perfectly in game:

Render01.png

I've got them all working in K1 and am just working on placing them in the game at the moment. A version for TSL will follow on if there is any interest in it. In game screenies to follow later on today! :)

I've also been working on porting Kyle Katarn's body model over from Jedi Academy as well, but body modelling is a completely new area for me, so progress is slow whilst I'm still learning.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ahhhh! Glad to see you back!

Looking forward to following your work again. :)

2 hours ago, LDR said:

Ahhhh! Glad to see you back!

Looking forward to following your work again. :)

Good to be back! So many changes and new possibilities! :)

On the subject of the JK Hilt Pack, I've taken some ingame screenshots of the models. Give the thumbnails a clicky to see them in full size and see what you think! :)

boc.png jerec.png maw.png

pic.png rahn.png sariss.png

yun.png

Each lightsaber can be upgraded at the workbench and they're placed in game now too, so it's just a case of  getting TSL Patcher set up and we're good to go!

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

You were very helpful all those years ago Marius. Nice to see you still around. Hope all is well!

Update time:

All of the lightsabers work perfectly in TSL and have now been placed in the game:

mawtsl.png
pictsl.png
rahntsl.png
sarisstsl.png
boctsl.png
jerectsl.png
yuntsl.png

The crystals to create these lightsabers can be found in the Onderon Palace Museum in TSL, or can be pried from the cold dead hands of various NPC's across Dantooine, Manaan and Korriban in K1.

Just need to get the TSL Patcher set up for the TSL version and I'll upload both at the same time.

Anyway... back to it! :)

• Like 1

It's great to see you back, your reskins and models have been a permanent fixture in my override folder for years 😀

2 hours ago, djh269 said:

It's great to see you back, your reskins and models have been a permanent fixture in my override folder for years 😀

Great to be back! Do you mind if I ask which ones? Some of my earlier work is horrifically bad looking back! 🤣

Something of an update:

I've made a start on a new mod for TSL today which I'd like some input on. Basically, it's a 'beefed up' version of the old 'Remote Tells Your Influence' mod by tk102. It does exactly what the original did but includes extra functionality which allows you to not only check your influence with each party member, but also increase/decrease it.:

screeny001.png
screeny002.png
screeny003.png
screeny004.png
screeny005.png
screeny006.png

The above mentioned features are all but complete save for the options to decrease influence, which I'm currently in the middle of doing.

Also, as you can tell by the screenshots above, you get the option to add/remove influence points in set amounts depending on which option you choose. This was originally planned to be a feature of the vanilla game but for some reason was removed. In the normal game, any influence gain/loss is always 8%. This mod takes a 'large' gain/loss as 12%, moderate as 8% and small as 4%. This should allow you a little more control over your influence points in case there are any specific cutscenes you want to trigger but haven't got the necessary points through normal gameplay.

This mod won't affect the rest of the game in terms of influence gains/loss, as I'm not sure what repercussions there could potentially be in terms of affecting your ability to train your party as Jedi, but if you wanted to try it, it would just be a case of copy/pasting and renaming two scripts. I'm pretty sure there's a mod out there already that does just that anyawy, but this one would only affect itself, if that makes sense.

ANYWAY.

I'm looking for suggestions/input in terms of what else I could add to this. I'm thinking I could make the Remote into a mobile workbench/labstation, maybe?

There are so many possibilities, but I don't want to go into the realm of overkill and make the thing ridiculous. All thoughts welcome! 😁

12 hours ago, Marius Fett said:

Great to be back! Do you mind if I ask which ones? Some of my earlier work is horrifically bad looking back! 🤣

For K1:

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/231-carths-republic-uniform-and-flight-suit/

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/236-sith-armour-pack/

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/235-master-vandar-revisited/

For K2: 

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/239-atris-to-jocasta-nu/

The above mods are permanent fixtures. I always liked the added littles bits in Carths inventory when you get him especially!

On 4/17/2022 at 1:07 PM, djh269 said:

Why, thank you! Those are all mods I still use for every playthrough, too! 😊

Update time! …sort of!

After slamming out a good few lightsaber hilt mods over the past week or so, I’d like to move on and try something else.

I’d like to sink my teeth into some ‘proper modding’ in the near future, so I’m thinking of starting work again on a Mandalorian recruitment for K1 which I worked on before I left. I made pretty decent progress back in the day and I recently found all my old notes again, so I may well start that afresh in the near future.

In the meantime, I have one more lightsaber mod on the way which is Darth Nihilus’s lightsaber for TSL.

I’d also like to give some of my older mods a little update/HD-ification, if you will. That’s going to be my next focus. Rather than releasing the updates individually, I’ll likely release a skin pack for TSL with updated HD versions of things like the Atris to Jocasta Nu mod, Quello to Watto and possibly my Disciple and Visas reskins as well. 

My Wearable Atris Robes mod could use some work too, as I recently became aware that with the way I set the mod up, it’s actually impossible for female Exiles to acquire them without cheats, which I find quite amusing. Clearly something I overlooked in my youthful foolishness all those years ago!

I’ll also be updating my Master Vandar Revisited (Yoda skin) and my Master Uthar Revisited mod for K1 as well. The Uthar skin in particular needs an update badly.

Anyway, that’s enough rambling for now. Any input/thoughts/suggestions are always welcome! 😊

Screeny001.png

Any thoughts on this HD-ified and recoloured Mandalorian? Just want to know if the texture is detailed enough in terms of emphasising scratches in the armour and what-not. This particular skin is for the recruitment I mentioned above, but I can jazz up the vanilla Mandalorians in the same way, if there's any interest. :)

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 2:11 AM, Marius Fett said:

Why, thank you! Those are all mods I still use for every playthrough, too! 😊

I’d like to sink my teeth into some ‘proper modding’ in the near future, so I’m thinking of starting work again on a Mandalorian recruitment for K1 which I worked on before I left. I made pretty decent progress back in the day and I recently found all my old notes again, so I may well start that afresh in the near future.

You're very welcome 😀

If you're thinking of making a recruitment mod I'd suggest to look into this mod:

It's the most complete recruitment mod that edits most (if not all) the vanilla DLG to encompass the new Voice Over lines to ensure complete immersion. If you take a look at which DLG lines were amended you won't come across any crossovers with the edited vanilla party dialogue interjections 😀

1 hour ago, djh269 said:

You're very welcome 😀

If you're thinking of making a recruitment mod I'd suggest to look into this mod:

It's the most complete recruitment mod that edits most (if not all) the vanilla DLG to encompass the new Voice Over lines to ensure complete immersion. If you take a look at which DLG lines were amended you won't come across any crossovers with the edited vanilla party dialogue interjections 😀

Oh Christ, now that’s a blast from the past! I remember playing through that the day it was first released! Many moons ago! 😆

Definitely the most comprehensive recruitment that’s been done to date, Inyri really went all out on that to be fair to her.

As always, top notch work Marius!
I should do a replay of K1 to check out all these lovely mods you've put out.

No real updates to speak of at the moment, but I'm busy busy in the background fiddling with 'under the hood' stuff which isn't very visual. I'm going to hold off on doing any more with my Mandalorian recruitment for now, as an opportunity to collaborate with an 'old-school' modder from back in the day has come up, so I'd like to see what comes of it. They're finishing up another project right now, so I'm just getting some of the prep-work done.

On a totally different subject, you know that empty landing pad on Taris outside the Military Base? The one with no walkmesh? You'll never guess who I found down there!

Star-Wars-Knights-Of-The-Old-Republic-Sc

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Nice catch, Marius. Welcome back!

I still remember your work on good ol Holowan & Lucasforums.

Really like your lightsaber ports, if your planning to edit blade colors at some point too you may checkout these ones here:

Ambient LS

I remember a really cool Vader mod for Kotor 2 that used Nihilus' animations. It was a Vader model from scratch. I don't remember who made it.

Is that the same Vader model ported from Kotor 1 to 2, or is it one of the many Vader model mods for JK3? You've been ported a lot of JK3 custom model weapons to Kotor, so I'm curious. Hard to tell with the lighting

5 hours ago, Jorak Uln said:

Nice catch, Marius. Welcome back!

I still remember your work on good ol Holowan & Lucasforums.

Really like your lightsaber ports, if your planning to edit blade colors at some point too you may checkout these ones here:

Ambient LS

Why thank you, kind sir! ☺️

Adding those blades to my hilts has been a VERY popular request. I'll get to it at some point in the near future! 🤣

4 hours ago, Mephiles550 said:

I remember a really cool Vader mod for Kotor 2 that used Nihilus' animations. It was a Vader model from scratch. I don't remember who made it.

Is that the same Vader model ported from Kotor 1 to 2, or is it one of the many Vader model mods for JK3? You've been ported a lot of JK3 custom model weapons to Kotor, so I'm curious. Hard to tell with the lighting

Yeah, it's AVol's model from TSL ported over. It's a bit of a mashup of the Nihilus model and the Malak model (which itself is based on the Nihilus model. The helmet was modeled by Gsccc and as far as I know, the chest plate etc was done by AVol himself. Just ported it over to K1 for a bit of fun to be honest. Looks good with all the animations fixed, though! 😆

No real eye candy to speak of right now, as the only project I'm able to show off is an add-on/replacement for my old Jedi Malak animation fix. I've taken it a step further and scaled his body model to a height which is closer to other characters in the game:

jedimalakscaled.png

I've also lopped the original full body model and made it selectable, In short, you'll be able to have Jedi Malak as your PC, but unlike my existing mod, he'll be able to wear other robes and armour and will be the same size as everybody else, so there won't be any weird camera problems like there are if you use his existing model.

Star-Wars-Knights-Of-The-Old-Republic-Sc

The neck was a slightly different size and shape even after the rescale, but a minute of snapping vertices to a reference model in Max made that a breeze to correct.

Massive thanks to @DarthParametric on this one for telling me about a ridiculously simple way of scaling skinned meshes. Turns out I was doing it a ridiculously long winded and complicate way in comparison. DP’s method is not only quicker in that it takes literal seconds but also causes next to no issues with the model in the game. A few smoothing issues to look at, but that’s it.

59 minutes ago, Marius Fett said:

A few smoothing issues to look at, but that’s it.

Which should be noted have nothing to do with the scaling. That's just the conversion from the vanilla normals to smoothing groups when creating the ASCII breaking things. To say it is imprecise would be charitable. KBlender preserves the vanilla normals, but I don't know if Blender has equivalent functionality to Max's Rescale World Units.

5 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Which should be noted have nothing to do with the scaling. That's just the conversion from the vanilla normals to smoothing groups when creating the ASCII breaking things. To say it is imprecise would be charitable. KBlender preserves the vanilla normals, but I don't know if Blender has equivalent functionality to Max's Rescale World Units.

This is true. I phrased my previous post poorly.

In other news, I’ve scaled up DeadMan’s TFU Style Darth Sion to make him a bit more imposing:

70973292-0226-45-ED-AABF-CEAC0-FF3-E748.

If there’s interest in such a mod, I’ll work on it some more and bulk him up a bit. Don’t think it’s worth releasing with just the height change.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, djh269 said:

He looks a lot more intimidating for sure! Should have a Vader vibe imo

Vader vibe in what way? I’m reluctant to start adding Vader-esque cyborg parts, since I still want him to look like Darth Sion. Open to suggestions, though.

2 hours ago, Marius Fett said:

Vader vibe in what way? I’m reluctant to start adding Vader-esque cyborg parts, since I still want him to look like Darth Sion. Open to suggestions, though.

I think he may be referring to Vader's size. He towers over everyone because the actor was a tall bodybuilder.

Edited by Sith Holocron
Forgot a space.

Sorry Marius I'd just woken up, SH has it correct, given Vaders recent appearances he's a very imposing figure due to his design and size. Sions presence should definitely reflect that.

He looks much more impressive with the new height you've given him!

I really like what you have there, Sion is the brawler of the 3 lords you deal with in TSL.
As djh269 mentioned he's now even more intimidating by his presence. 

Guess I'll have to upscale his texture as well, to match the size 😂