ConansHair

Ebon Hawk Engine Lighting

I'm not familiar with area models and/or lightmaps, would someone please tell me how to reassign a different lighting texture to the Ebon Hawk's Engine lighting on the sides of the room??

Or at least,  point me towards the proper tutorial??

EHEngineLighting1.png

Edited by ConansHair
attached screenie

If you are looking to make a new texture, you can use either Kotor Tool or the Holocron Toolset to find which texture applies to those lights, edit the texture after converting to tga or make something new from scratch, and place the result in your override. The Ebon Hawk is module 003ebo, and the engine room is submodule 003ebol.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PapaZinos said:

If you are looking to make a new texture, you can use either Kotor Tool or the Holocron Toolset to find which texture applies to those lights, edit the texture after converting to tga or make something new from scratch, and place the result in your override. The Ebon Hawk is module 003ebo, and the engine room is submodule 003ebol.

The blue portion in the picture above appears to be using the LEH_light04 texture.  I think he was hoping the specific instance above could use a different texture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

The blue portion in the picture above appears to be using the LEH_light04 texture.  I think he was hoping the specific instance above could use a different texture.

Correct...As I plan on using your FLW Glass replacement textures, which look absolutely stunning throughout the ship, except for the one anomaly, the EH's Engine room, the glass textures appear odd on the engines, just wanted to assign another texture, say LEH_light02, to the engines...

13 minutes ago, ConansHair said:

Correct...As I plan on using your FLW Glass replacement textures, which look absolutely stunning throughout the ship, except for the one anomaly, the EH's Engine room, the glass textures appear odd on the engines, just wanted to assign another texture, say LEH_light02, to the engines...

First off, thanks for the compliment. 

Secondly  hopefully someone has a suggestion that help you get a different texture called up for that engine room wall model. That sort of thing is outside my modding experience but I did put out the call in some DMs and on the Discord. Hopefully one of them bares fruit.

• Thanks 1

If you want to change this specific light without changing everything else that uses that light texture, you have to edit the model for that room of the Ebon Hawk.

The models are located in models.bif. I'm not sure which room that is in KOTOR 1, but in KOTOR 1 the Ebon Hawk area models begin with m12. As PapaZinos pointed out, the model is 003ebol in KOTOR 2.

In theory, it's possible to change the texture by editing the model with a hex editor by finding and replacing that instance of the textureLEH_light04 as Sith Holocron pointed out—with a new texture name. In practice, it's often much easier to import it using KOTORmax and 3ds Max or Gmax, or KotorBlender and Blender. Editing the model in a modeling program also allows for more complex edits, such as changing the UV mapping.

• Thanks 1

Here is a version of the engine room with LEH_light04 switched out for LEH_light02. If you want to use a different texture, let me know.

Edit: This is for TSL, if you were looking for a K1 version just ask. If you want to play around with it any further than a texture swap, importing to Blender or 3ds Max is the way to go.

003ebol.mdl 003ebol.mdx

I will also attach this second version, which has been UV edited to match the orientation and size of the other models using that texture, as this is more likely how you imagined it looking.

003ebol.mdl 003ebol.mdx

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

First off, thanks for the compliment. 

You're very welcome, awesome textures!!

4 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Secondly  hopefully someone has a suggestion that help you get a different texture called up for that engine room wall model. That sort of thing is outside my modding experience but I did put out the call in some DMs and on the Discord. Hopefully one of them bares fruit.

It's outside of mine also, and many thanks for putting the word out...

4 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

If you want to change this specific light without changing everything else that uses that light texture, you have to edit the model for that room of the Ebon Hawk.

The models are located in models.bif. I'm not sure which room that is in KOTOR 1, but in KOTOR 1 the Ebon Hawk area models begin with m12. As PapaZinos pointed out, the model is 003ebol in KOTOR 2.

In theory, it's possible to change the texture by editing the model with a hex editor by finding and replacing that instance of the textureLEH_light04 as Sith Holocron pointed out—with a new texture name. In practice, it's often much easier to import it using KOTORmax and 3ds Max or Gmax, or KotorBlender and Blender. Editing the model in a modeling program also allows for more complex edits, such as changing the UV mapping.

This is for K1, and I am running K1CP, which includes EH model fixes, and I am unsure of the scope of the fixes, and also whether or not the fixes include the engine room...I just wanted to be sure any changes made, were made with optimum compatibility...

4 hours ago, PapaZinos said:

Edit: This is for TSL, if you were looking for a K1 version just ask. If you want to play around with it any further than a texture swap, importing to Blender or 3ds Max is the way to go.

Thank You very much for the the edited TSL models, will be putting them in as soon as I get through with K1...Yes, this is for K1, and wanted to be compatible with any fixes that K1CP made to the EH models(if any)...So, yes, please of you don't mind, fix the K1 models also...Will be putting the TSL models in a special folder to use when I finally get to fixing TSL...LOL

EDIT:I was being interrupted while attempting to write that last reply and couldn't concentrate on proper grammar...I do apologize if the last reply sounded like an order...