Thor110

Thoughts on the latest "Expansion"

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this latest "Expansion" Legacy of the Sith.

Personally so far I have pretty much given up playing the game due to this expansion and ultimately think it's a complete mess right now, coupled with the unnecessary UI "upgrades" that look ridiculously tacky and the loss of an absolute tonne of moves due to the new class system, I am starting to think I will never play the game again.

Which is a real shame as I put a lot of time and money into my account / characters / the game in general.

Still hoping that they just roll back to 6.0 odd.

The expansion itself is also rather lacking when it comes to content, as well as being very buggy.

What does everyone else think of it so far?

Thor110

Never really played TOR except its first year after release, but after seeing more and more disappointment with this game from lots of people (was it ever actually good enough to begin with?) I'd say pretty soon EA/Bioware should come up with the idea of "Vanilla" realms, though I'm not sure if this thing would play out as it did in those older games like EQ II and WoW.

@Sith Holocron, well, the most recent example happened in WoW a couple of years ago - the official "Classic realms", or just WoW Classic, you can create characters and play it using the normal game subscription. A simply put, the legacy realms where the game is "remade" in its original fashion, before any possible addons like The Burning Crusade etc. Since the idea was more or less popular the TBC realms we're also released not so long ago. And... since the original "legendary WoW trilogy" historically consists of Vanilla, TBC and Wrath of the Lich King chapters, now they're talking about WOTLK realms as well.

And it's not even just remaking a certain addon era. They're actually releasing the old game by every major content patch, like it originally happened years ago. So the playas can actually try to "relive" it the old fashioned way.

Just using the newer computers, Wowhead and YouTube guides on everything. Also lots of community hoarded UI addons. :lol:

Anyway, that's just how it recently happened in WoW. The idea is not exactly new at this point. Old games like Lineage II, Everquest I-II, and even Lord of the Rings Online also tried to "relive" it in different ways, with mixed success.

In the same fashion perhaps. They might try to play it out with the original class mechanics and/or storyline like it was back in 2011, before things were messed up with all those "innovations" (since that's exactly the part of "Vanilla/Legacy" conception).

• Like 1