Sign in to follow this  
Dantley M Tay

Cheat Codes

Installed the mod to my Steam version.  Entered "EnableCheats=1" to swkotor2.ini file.  Won't let me pull up the console.  After hitting the tilde, I start to type and I get menuitems opening. Which tells me the console isn't open.  Thoughts?

You opened the topic in the wrong section.

Some moderator will move it where it belongs but about the content of your request for help:  did you add that line in the right section of the .ini file?

It must be under the [Game Options] section. Make also sure that you saved the file properly (right location).

After pressing tilde, you should see a ">" symbol in the top left corner of your monitor waiting for your input. If that does not appear, it is useless to start typing anything. 

8 hours ago, Salk said:

It must be under the [Game Options] section. Make also sure that you saved the file properly (right location).

If you have a US/international layout keyboard, then yes, this is pretty much the only mistake I can think of.

On 2/23/2022 at 8:05 AM, Dantley M Tay said:

Installed the mod to my Steam version.  Entered "EnableCheats=1" to swkotor2.ini file.  Won't let me pull up the console.  After hitting the tilde, I start to type and I get menuitems opening. Which tells me the console isn't open.  Thoughts?

I've had this issue before. Windows will generate a copy of the ini file in the Appdata folder that it looks at instead of the one in the main kotor directory. You'll have to change or delete that version of the ini file

11 hours ago, VOEBlue said:

I've had this issue before. Windows will generate a copy of the ini file in the Appdata folder that it looks at instead of the one in the main kotor directory. You'll have to change or delete that version of the ini file

Alternatively, try start the program as administrator. It should then read directly from the .ini file stored in same folder as the .exe.