Sign in to follow this  
heyorange

A question regarding changing the default NPC texture in the appearance.2da in TSL

Hi guys! I have a question.

TSL uses Onderon officer texture N_Ond_Off.tpc for the model N_OndOffM1.mdl  for all officers, General Vaklu and Colonel Tobin

In the appearance.2da file all tex rows for them have value ****. I added N_OndOffM value for all Onderon officers for the texb row to change the texture variant for the certain npcs by adding clothes with with different retextures for certain utc files (N_OndOffM22.tga, N_OndOffM23.tga and etc) and it works.

But in case of General Vaklu and Colonel Tobin I want to change the default texture that they use (so I won't have to edit .utc files).

If I add N_Ond_Off.tga it will affect not only General Vaklu and Colonel Tobin but all officers that doesn't have utc files with custom clothes textures (there are some npcs that I can't change with this method because their filenames are presented is different modules)

I tried to change racetex, texa and texb values from **** to N_OndOffM2 for the Unique_Colonel_Tobin and I added the texture N_OndOffM2.tga to the Override folder. But it's not working. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Looking from the screen below Tobin npc stopped to use  N_Ond_Off.tpc texture, but I can't understand why it's not using N_OndOffM2

Spoiler

K2-00007.png

Spoiler

Capture.png

appearance.2da N_OndOffM2.tga

1 hour ago, heyorange said:

(there are some npcs that I can't change with this method because their filenames are presented is different modules)

While the Override method is preferable, TSLPatcher can replace files in modules directly. This is no-longer the roadblock it once was.

• Like 1

I think you need N_OndOffM2 in the 2da, but N_OndOffM201.tga instead of N_OndOffM2.tga in your override.
It's looks for a 01, even without any other texture variations.

• Light Side Points 1

5 hours ago, TamerBill said:

While the Override method is preferable, TSLPatcher can replace files in modules directly. This is no-longer the roadblock it once was.

Hi! Well, you are right) But I wanted to know what I am doing wrong regarding the texture))

1 hour ago, Effix said:

I think you need N_OndOffM2 in the 2da, but N_OndOffM201.tga instead of N_OndOffM2.tga in your override.
It's looks for a 01, even without any other texture variations.

Thanks! Worked like a charm!

• Like 1