heyorange

MOD:Heyorange's Sith Uniform Reformation

Heyorange's Sith Uniform Reformation

Heyorange's Sith Uniform Reformation
A Mod for Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
Author: Heyorange (aka Pataschka)
Version: 1.0

DESCRIPTION:
This mod is a bunch of reskins of the sith officer uniforms. Different uniforms with different rank insignias were given to different officers throughout the game to give a bit more realistic look. 
Aside from that, the uniform of the Admiral Saul Karath was changed and a new reskin for sith students was added.

The Mod is devided into 3 parts:
1. Heyorange's Sith Uniform Reformation - the main part of the mod
2. Sith Students + Czerka on Korriban fix - reskin of the standart sith uniforms for Korriban sith students and fix for Czerka workers on Korriban to have correct uniforms
3. K1R fix - A reskin of the sith uniform for the added wounded officer on the Leviathan by the K1R modification

INSTALLATION:
This mod doesn't have TSLPatcher so to install it copy desired files to your Override folder:
- If you are using mods such as "Back in Black" or any other mod that changes the uniforms of the sith students and fixes Czerka workers then copy only files from "Heyorange's Sith Uniform Reformation" folder to your Override folder
- If you don't have any mods affecting the appearance of the sith students and czerka officers then copy the files both from "Heyorange's Sith Uniform Reformation" and "Sith Students + Czerka on Korriban fix" folders to your Override folder
- If you are using K1R modification than copy the files from all of 3 folders to your Override folder

COMPABILITY:
Would be incompatible with any mods that change the model of the sith officers. Should work both with vanilla game and K1R.

PERMISSIONS:
I am giving my permission to use any part of this mod to anyone as long as I am credited as the original author

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR BIOWARE. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. 
NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/29/2022
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

Greetings, author --

First, congrats for the release -- and an outstanding texture work to top that as well! 👍

Second, just a quick feedback from me that I think you may consider doing MOD/module installation using TSLPatcher [the updated-one bundled with K1CP] to install/patch the UTCs. Dropping them to the Override will likely cause incompatibilities -- not only with other mods, even with the vanilla game itself because the game known for using same UTC among separated modules but having different setup for feats, DLG used for the conversation, scripts, inventories, etc.

Granted, you know your mod better than I do -- and if you think it's fine as it is now [that probably you already done a thorough play-test to them], that's your call.

Much thanks for considering this -- cheers. 🍻

• Like 1

Hi ebmar!

Thanks! Regarding your concern towards .utc files and  TSLPatcher:

As far as I understand, there are 2 times of the .utc files (if we are talking about NPCs of course) which are global and modular. While creating this modification I tried to avoid using utc files of the global NPCs because by using them and adding them in the Override directory will break the cutscenes in the game (because the same npcs in the cutscenes should be friendly to the player while in the other modules they are hostile). I made lightside and darkside playthrough for the vanilla game to check that everything works alright. At the same time I checked that in case of K1R in works (though in this case I didn't made freshly new playthrough and used savegames before entering the modules).

I believe that the only gamebreaking problem my mod may cause is that someone will decide to use non-global npcs in the cutscenes. The same goes for the situation if someone will use scripts in those utc files. At the same time, if the person uses the same utc to edit the appearance and installs my mod afterwards the only issue will be that the appearance willchange to the one from my mod with parameters like weapon, clothes, stats like hp and mp, level and etc.

That being said, I'm convinced that using the TSLPatcher in this case will be much more compatible and safe.

Maybe someday I or somebody else will have time and knowledge to remake this mod with TSLPatcher installation.

Hello, Heyorange!

Thanks for your splendid work on the Sith uniforms.

I have a question about k35_enc_captain and k35_enc_lieutnt. They both use the same uniform (37) depsite having different rank. Was it intended?

Cheers! :cheers:

PS: One more thing: could it be that the insignia in the Male Sith Uniforms 35 and 36 is wrong? Shouldn't it be like the one used in the female's uniform 35 and 36 (which look like dP)?

• Like 1

Hi, Salk!

About the k35_enc_captain and k35_enc_lieutnt npcs.(they spawn after getting the Star Map on Korriban with the option of killing all the students in the Sith Academy). If I remember correctly I did g_a_clothes37 with textures which has Lieutenant rank for female body and Captain Rank for male body because  k35_enc_lieutnt has female model and k35_enc_captain uses male model. There was no point making Korriban "Yellow" lieutenant and captain ranks for both genders.

Regarding Male and female Sith Uniforms 35 and 36 situation was similar at first. This textures were intende,d for n_sithcomf001.utc and n_sithcomf002.utc npcs on Taris base which use female body model. But eventually I faced the problem that both of these npcs are also used in the cutscene when you leave Taris on the bridge of the Leviathan , so I had to cut this idea out (changing them was gamebreaking). So this two textures are not used in the mod and have only female variation. Male versions of these uniforms are like "placeholders" there was no point in making new textures if there are no characters for them to be used on.

That being said, if you want/need Sith Uniforms 35 and 36 for male characters I can fix them for you.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer.

I understand now why you have two different ranked uniforms (37) even if the clothes used are the same.

And I understand also why you are using placeholders for uniforms that your modification is not using (35 and 36). I don't need you to do anything here but thank you so much for offering. And I think your decision was correct: better not mess up with cutscenes that show something that is contradicted by some changes made by a modification. Internal consistency is important.

Best of luck for your next textures! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Salk said:

Thanks for your answer.

I understand now why you have two different ranked uniforms (37) even if the clothes used are the same.

And I understand also why you are using placeholders for uniforms that your modification is not using (35 and 36). I don't need you to do anything here but thank you so much for offering. And I think your decision was correct: better not mess up with cutscenes that show something that is contradicted by some changes made by a modification. Internal consistency is important.

Best of luck for your next textures! 

Thanks!