defreili

Using TSLRCM on the original X-Box

Hi there,

I'm sorry if this message has been posted before but I'm interested in finding out if the TSLRCM can be ported to the original X-Box console. I know I have been able to port mods from the KotOR PC version to the KotOR X-Box version. I was just wondering if it is at all possible to port TSLRCM to the X-Box in hopes that I may create a machinima with that mod. If anyone can let me know that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Ok so from what I understand is that it might be possible. What I need to figure out now is if all the files for tslrcm are in the override folder

or if there are some new modules or has everything been reused there and is already there because if everything is in the override folder with the exception of the launcher. I might be able to use the exact same method to port this mod to xbox. I just need to know if all the files are in the override or if there are any that have been added to other folders with the exception of the launcher.

A machinima would be easier to create on the PC, I would think, but maybe I'm wrong?

Oh no it is the most frustrating thing in the world for me.

I can understand why Kevin Socal or Kaydon Sentry decided to

use the xbox version of the kotor game to make his movie.

Ok so from what I understand is that it might be possible. What I need to figure out now is if all the files for tslrcm are in the override folder

The files in override are a minority (10%? Probably even less) of the modified files...

Oh no it is the most frustrating thing in the world for me. I can understand why Kevin Socal or Kaydon Sentry decided to use the xbox version of the kotor game to make his movie.

I'm sure the only reason he used the Xbox version was the use of the free camera mode that was left in for the Xbox version of KotOR. No such thing (at least built in) is available for the TSL version for the Xbox.

The .mod files are not an issue for the xbox version. It's altogether pretty easy to install, it's just that you CANNOT have any model files (.mdl or .mdx) and your skin retextures are limited. Also, all audio files must be in wma format.

It's still be playable, but you'd be missing some of the finer points of TSLRCM, like the Kreia model animation... altogether not THAT important, but still...

You first require a modded xbox, and an FTP setup between your xbox and PC. Without this, modding the Kotor xbox is impractical.

The .mod files are not an issue for the xbox version. It's altogether pretty easy to install, it's just that you CANNOT have any model files (.mdl or .mdx) and your skin retextures are limited. Also, all audio files must be in wma format.

It's still be playable, but you'd be missing some of the finer points of TSLRCM, like the Kreia model animation... altogether not THAT important, but still...

You first require a modded xbox, and an FTP setup between your xbox and PC. Without this, modding the Kotor xbox is impractical.

Very sorry for the old bumping but decided to post here instead of making a new thread. Since 1.8 has been released i decided to try this out for myself on the ol xbox.

I converted all files over to wma from 1.8 and moved everything over to the xbox via ftp. Everything was put in the appropriate places. All goes well until the beginning of the game after the intro with the music, but when the games loads to the first cutscene before the epilogue it freezes, so basically i cant tell if anything will work.

I guess i have more 2 or 3 questions than 1. :P If the said files are already in the xbox, is there a way to mod a few files for the xbox version to point them to the restored content?

And i see varsity puppet says this should run, what exactly do i need to do if it runs on xbox, because i sure cant get it to work.

once again sorry for the old bump just did not want to flood the forum with another topic.

Very sorry for the old bumping but decided to post here instead of making a new thread. Since 1.8 has been released i decided to try this out for myself on the ol xbox.

I converted all files over to wma from 1.8 and moved everything over to the xbox via ftp. Everything was put in the appropriate places. All goes well until the beginning of the game after the intro with the music, but when the games loads to the first cutscene before the epilogue it freezes, so basically i cant tell if anything will work.

I guess i have more 2 or 3 questions than 1. :P If the said files are already in the xbox, is there a way to mod a few files for the xbox version to point them to the restored content?

And i see varsity puppet says this should run, what exactly do i need to do if it runs on xbox, because i sure cant get it to work.

once again sorry for the old bump just did not want to flood the forum with another topic.

make sure you decreased the quality of the textures in the override by at least half, to big of files and the xbox will freeze, models dont crash the game (in my experience), but they wont show-up or only half show up. also you might want to investigate what kind of wma you are using, iirc there is difference from what will come out of most converters and what the xbox actually uses. also try googling kotor 2 xbox mods, there is a forum set-up where you might get more help. (i think it is called scene-x or something like that) you might want to have a look at jade empire and the original kotor there too, best of luck.

make sure you decreased the quality of the textures in the override by at least half, to big of files and the xbox will freeze, models dont crash the game (in my experience), but they wont show-up or only half show up. also you might want to investigate what kind of wma you are using, iirc there is difference from what will come out of most converters and what the xbox actually uses. also try googling kotor 2 xbox mods, there is a forum set-up where you might get more help. (i think it is called scene-x or something like that) you might want to have a look at jade empire and the original kotor there too, best of luck.

thanks darth sapiens!

I think i managed to get it running, i simply deleted all mdl/mdx files which i think were causing the mod to freeze on the xbox, im pretty sure i got the mod working right because when at the beginning when you find the vibroblade, i found the vibrocutter instead. All other files i simply added to the appropriate places.

EDIT: Kreia also says in the first conversation that "the ship we arrived in, THE EBON HAWK, must still be in this place," im pretty sure that means its functioning correcly.

No problem! I have both PC and X-Box versions, while for simplicity in modding I prefer PC, the X-Box is still easier to play. I am actually looking into the model differences, I'll see what I come up with...

• Like 1

No problem! I have both PC and X-Box versions, while for simplicity in modding I prefer PC, the X-Box is still easier to play. I am actually looking into the model differences, I'll see what I come up with...

Sweet! Yes, the only thing I had to delete was the mdx/mdl files to get it to work with the X-Box. Please do let me know what you come up with or find out~! :) In the meantime, I am going to compile and test a list of PC mods that I can get to work in conjunction with TSLRCM on X-Box. Glad to see that you can in fact, have this on X-Box and work correctly.

EDIT** If it's OK with the mods on here, I will add to this thread topic for anyone who has the X-Box that wants to know what all will work with the TSLRCM as a definitive go to guide for anything KotOR 2 on X-Box. :)

• Like 3

Small update here on the testing. . .

The Sion arrival movie is a little wonky since because - I think - instead of using pre-rendered cutscenes the X-Box now uses the real time movie engine for it like the mod makes it do. No freezing or anything just makes the scene a little jittery. All other movies have been fine.

Ehm, I expect some big problems without the .mdl and .mdx files. Think... you wont get past the Jedi Academy...

i think so too

Ehm, I expect some big problems without the .mdl and .mdx files. Think... you wont get past the Jedi Academy...

i think so too

can you guys think of anything i might could do to get past that? Im not sure how close i am to getting there, right now with testing i am at that point where you and kreia leave the morgue and the 2 assasins are following you cloaked.

what exactly are the mdl/mdx files for? I figured the xbox would freeze with em, hopefully not without em haha. :)

Not really, nope. Unless you want to mod more stuff to skip things.

And get into trouble later due to even more missing files anyway.

Not really, nope. Unless you want to mod more stuff to skip things.

And get into trouble later due to even more missing files anyway.

I'll keep this thread updated as i go along. Thanks for the input, im really hoping somehow us xboxers can get the most of this mod as well since i think its the best experience and the one everyone should get to enjoy. :)

Just experienced the first crash in the game on Telos when you come across the 2 mercenaries that are giving the alien a hard time in the cantina. After dispatching of the 2 guys and not taking the aliens reward, a cutscene of a ship that looked like it was shot up was shown flying, upon the cut scene ending the game crashed afterwards.

Will go back and see if it was a random crash or not. Not gonna give up hope on this. If any of the modders can give ANY insight as to anything i might can do to please let me know, ill continue on and see what happens with this.

im wondering if re-sizing the model files will help in some way, though i have never done that, i know that VERY FEW will load on the xbox but most will not. I can definately say im not good at modding, but if most of the cut-content is on the xbox, then i wonder if there's a way to make an xbox-tslrcm if this seems like you wont be able to finish it.

EDIT** crashed a second, and then a third time on that exact same part for some reason. Im running the hak pad and booster pak v2 and dont know why it would do that. I removed the hak pad mod and booster, now when i beat the 2 mercs, no cutscene happens, but when i try to enter the cantina the game freezes on the load screen. ahh. :/

how does the cut-scene play? in game? or movie?

i am a bit busy working on my mod right now but ill be looking into it too soon.

That would be the ingame Visas/Nihilus movie...

But I think you already proved it doesn't really work on the x-box...

That would be the ingame Visas/Nihilus movie...

But I think you already proved it doesn't really work on the x-box...

Not gonna give up just yet, i got it to run on the xbox and alot of people seemed to think that was not even possible. With a little tweaking im sure xbox owners could get a great experience from this too. :)

I wonder if the cantina or telos used or was supposed to use any of the mdl/mdx files i deleted but it still should not make the xbox freeze like that.

Yup, mr. Falt in the Cantina...

oh yea, lmao, is there any way possible just for us xbox users to point the mod away from any instances of mdl/mdx model changes and just use those few instances where mdl/mdx was needed and use vanilla xbox content to get around those couple instances? , that way we could still enjoy most of the added content with no freezing due to model issues?

Im very interested in all of this, and know there has to be a way. Maybe just not even use said files at all and use the rest that work.

I know this far, peragus was smooth sailing, the only exception being the jittery in-game cutscenes being used instead of the other, and that can easily be fixed on this end, just not use that mod it, i dont think its tslrcm anyways since its added on with this even though its awesome.

You might aswell ask for options to remove Kaah, the HK-Factory, Nar Shaddaa sections, or pretty much cut up TSLRCM.

As stated before, that's just not feasible. And thus, not happening.