defreili

Using TSLRCM on the original X-Box

Okay, let's ask a few questions to narrow down the possibilities here.

1. Does TSLRCM add anything new to the module?

2. Has the onEnter script been changed?

3. When you say the model files have been deleted, which specific files are you referring to? In other words, when I'm talking about the twi'lek dancer head and Corrun Falt head, which files do you think those are associated with?

4. What other mods do you have installed?

5. Does the game freeze, or does it reset? (There is a difference).

6. Open up the .mod file for the cantina. (2XXTEL.mod, X standing for the correct numbers). If there are models in there, take them out.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

6. Models shouldn't be in .mod files, that'll lead to errors, as we already found out when modifying the HK-factory. They're always in override.

Okay, let's ask a few questions to narrow down the possibilities here.

1. Does TSLRCM add anything new to the module?

2. Has the onEnter script been changed?

3. When you say the model files have been deleted, which specific files are you referring to? In other words, when I'm talking about the twi'lek dancer head and Corrun Falt head, which files do you think those are associated with?

4. What other mods do you have installed?

5. Does the game freeze, or does it reset? (There is a difference).

6. Open up the .mod file for the cantina. (2XXTEL.mod, X standing for the correct numbers). If there are models in there, take them out.

I can answer #4 and #5 for you Vp.

4.) no other mods installed

5.) when i delete all the mdl/mdx files it goes all the way to the end of the loading bar when im trying to enter the cantina, then it freezes,

strangely enough i ran a test that bead sent me today and the cantina now only loads 2 telosians, and even when i go back and delete the test files the xbox still loads the 2 telosians in the cantina, nothing else. very strange, almost like the behavior changed.

You have to format your cache drives on the xbox. Also' for the sake of testing the modules, you have to use a gamesave from before you went into the cantina.

You have to format your cache drives on the xbox. Also' for the sake of testing the modules, you have to use a gamesave from before you went into the cantina.

How do you format the cache drives? Everytime i play i just delete whats in the cache as well as the x,y,z folder on the xbox hdd. Im using unleashx so you prob know what that is.

My gamesave is right before you enter the cantina for the first time so thats whats making this weird haha.

Thanks for the reply.

If Kotor 2, you have to have the game saved to your hard drive, and then just create an override folder similar to how you would on PC.

Kotor 1, I think you have to make an override folder in the Xbox Game saves folder that corresponds to KOTor (the exact name escapes me at the moment)

Also, general rule of thumb for Xbox Kotor modding:

1) Keep textures lower res and to a minimum

2) No mdl/mdx files

3) Convert custom audio to wma format

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! Am I correct in saying that this wouldn't work with the 360, then? I was hoping to do this on the 360 because of the high def, but I do have an original Xbox that's softmodded which I can make do with if that's my only option.

On 2/7/2021 at 5:07 PM, Lord Virus said:

I can confirm I got this working on a Modded Xbox 360.

HOW?!! Please, I must know! 😮