Neverwinter_Knight77

Stuck on Malachor V (bug/glitch)

I looked on the download page for this mod at FileFront, and I found a comment made by somebody in the same situation I'm in. I quote:

#62 - ACK! - 07-06-2010 at 17:35

Winternoise

Posts: 9 Finally, I got to Malachor. I cleared the first two levels and passed the remote's part... but then... IT HAPPENED.

After the Goto/HK thingy, it switched to Handmaiden walking up to Kreia, and then it moved over to me. And... I just stood there. I took me a minute to realize that this was a part where I should have dialogue, but there were no choices. I couldn't do anything; I tried clicking where the dialogue would be, pressing enter, moving the arrow keys, et cetera, but nothing worked. Glitch? Will it be fixed when I reload? Must I reload before Malachor after downloading the next patch?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, nobody answered him. Is there no fix for this bug? I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do now! If I were to uninstall the mod, I'd miss the HK-47/Goto cutscene and the cutscene where each of the party members challenges Darth Traya. Those were my main reasons for downloading this mod. The HK factory was hard, man. I don't want that stuff to be for nothing.

To clarify, here's the situation. I'm on Malachor V. I've got the TSL Restored Content Mod (1.6, I believe) installed, including the Nar Shaddaa patch. I'm at the part where the remote restarts the Mass Shadow Generator. Cue the scene with G0-T0, remote, and HK units. Then it goes to the scene where Darth Traya is sitting there, and the Handmaiden walks up. Before either of them speak, it cuts to a view of my character is if he is supposed to speak. But there are no dialog choices. The game isn't frozen in the traditional way (so it can't be a crash or a graphical bug), but the camera is fixed on the Exile, expecting him to say something. I can't skip it. I click, nothing happens. I wait, and nothing happens. I press enter and it makes a sound, but still nothing happens.

I have a similar issue, but from what I've read my problem is an entirely different animal. OP, your issue (insofar as I understand) is that you're getting stuck in a dialog option, as you believe. I'm fairly certain that hitting "1" will fix it for you, as it selects that dialog option from the list of possibilities.

My issue is weirder, although it could be an issue of compatibility (I'm running a large number of mods, although I manually downloaded all of them save TSLPatcher-based mods (I downloaded those first, so I could still manually check for compatibility afterward, and I only downloaded ~3) to make sure no overwrites occurred). Whenever I start Malachor, it begins with Traya walking up to Sion in the core and speaking with him. Suddenly, in the midst of her conversation with him, the Ebon Hawk cutscene starts out of nowhere and it comes barreling in and crashes. After the cutscene ends, Traya tells Sion that they must prepare, and then... BAM. Black screen, with no visible options but all of the sounds of rolling over them when I do so. I can, however, open menus.

I do so and save the game. When I re-load, I'm the Exile within the heart of Malachor itself and I can now see everything. Traya and Sion are in the core stuck in the "Force Choke" motion, save when you talk to Traya--when you talk to her, it opens up the dialog that tells you to go to Dantooine to meet the Jedi. I can interact with nothing else and leave in no way.

I thought to access the console and teleport myself to the surface in the correct location, but my version of the game (for whatever bloody reason) doesn't have the visible console, and whenever I try to input commands via it it never seems to work correctly. I'm at a loss as to what to do; this ALWAYS happens, invariably, and I'm always stuck within the core. I don't even know if using the console to teleport myself out will fix the issue--as I said, I don't think I can.

Any help? Perhaps if I provide a list of what mods I'm using I could find the culprit, if that is the cause, and remove it?

It's possible there is an error in the dialog(that's supposed to run) try hitting 1 and see if it will continue.

Thank you both. To my surprise, pressing 1 here worked. Now I feel like my post was overdramatic. I had thought that if pressing enter didn't work, neither would this, but lo and behold I was wrong. Ah, well. Now I can finish the game.

I would try to help you out in return, LS2, but... I don't know anything about that, heheh.

Any help? Perhaps if I provide a list of what mods I'm using I could find the culprit, if that is the cause, and remove it?

A list of the mods you're using would be helpful. When listing the mods, don't assume we know every one of them. Please include a link to an official release thread as well so we can familiarize ourselves with it.

A list of the mods you're using would be helpful. When listing the mods, don't assume we know every one of them. Please include a link to an official release thread as well so we can familiarize ourselves with it.

Gotcha. A lot of my stuff is simple graphic changes, but I'll list everything just in case.

This is what I'm currently using, in the (approximate) order that I downloaded them:

-New Workbench Upgrades 1.5

-Coruscant Jedi Temple (NOTE: I downloaded this one out of order. It uses the TSLpatcher if I remember correctly and I didn't want it overwriting anything or not knowing if one of my other mods would've overwritten it (as the majority of my mods are manual installs) so I intended to install it first but wound up installing it almost last. It's worth noting that this mod worked fine while playing its content)

-TSL RCM 1.6

-NarShaddaaFix

-The USM

-TSLRCM/USM Compatibility Patch

-First National Bank of Coruscant

-Sith Lord Armor

-Remote Tells Influence

-Enhanced Merchants for TSL

-Energy Sword (Who wouldn't?)

-Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skyboxes

-Dantooine Hi-Res Retextures (I highly recommend this one)

-Jedi Hawk Skin

-Darth BaoMaul Reskin

-HK-47 Junkyard Reskin

-Shadow Visas Reskin

-Skip Peragus

Yes, as I said, quite the bundle of content here. That's actually less than I was running previously, I was running concept loading screens when the issue first stated but I uninstalled them, as when it was loading the Malachor scenes where the error happened there was no loading screen showing--I forgot to mention that, it might be important. After uninstalling the concept loading screens, however, nothing changed regardless.

Eh, no problem. Guess I gotta find someone else.

Just to check; you did have Hanharr instead of Mira, right?

I would check myself, but I don't really have a save handy, and while KSE could do much it can't really change party members (Mira for Hanharr in my male game). At least, not that I know off...

Yeah, I had Hanharr. I'm about to play through again...but light side female this time, then light side male after that.

It could take quite a while before I make it to this scene again, though.

I have the same problem as LS, but I am lightside, and have Mira in my party. The fix that was posted by Hassat did not work for me, nor did the "press 1" option suggested earlier. I'm not sure what to do here. I still have the autosave that happens right before you speak to Carth, so I'm able to test any suggestions anyone might have.

Well, if the cause is what I suspect it is, it will only appear for males with Hanharr...

@ Jive: Sounds like a different issue (Carth, on Malachor?). You use USM?

I have the same problem as LS, but I am lightside, and have Mira in my party. The fix that was posted by Hassat did not work for me, nor did the "press 1" option suggested earlier. I'm not sure what to do here. I still have the autosave that happens right before you speak to Carth, so I'm able to test any suggestions anyone might have.

What do you mean, you have Mira in your party? Are you saying that the issue that happens is the same for you, but in the core you have Mira with you? Or did the issue occur at some different time?

By the way, if it's relevant, I don't know if I mentioned before that I also have a save before this issue happens, so I can test fixes if need be.

SO after the cutscene where Kreia beats everyone and Atton runs away at Malacor V. I enter the temple but  after that there are no indicators to open the door. I am just stuck unable to progress. Any help regarding this? i am using the 1.8.6 version as indicated in the download section (Although the loading screen shows its 1.8.5 which is weird) and if you are going to say that i didnt download the right version then the problem is on your file being uploaded the wrong version because i downloaded the TSLRCM mod from this site. i am using multiple mods and im playing it on my mobile but i have not used mods that change Area or texture of the world. Help Sending you screenshot

Edit  Jesus FUckign Christ i remember now why i didnt bother installing this mod back when kotor2 got released on mobile. It was so damned buggy. 

There are numerous bugs and the most prominent of them being the movie folder that stops you from progressing and i was compelled to delete the movie folder. Then came the "Skip peragus" mod which broke the mod and then finally when i managed to circumvent these errors then finally this. I remember just deleting the game because i got so frustrated over it. Anyhow this is the screenshot of the place where the doors wont open and i dont know how to use cheats to phase through the doors. I know this mod was made with lots of love and affection but please for the love of christ almighty fix such bugs. Thank you

Screenshot_2021-06-06-17-19-40-643_com.aspyr.swkotorii.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-06-17-19-54-338_com.aspyr.swkotorii.jpg