drinkykrow

Qel Cay Droma Armor Replacer Mod Request

The Qel Cay Droma robes from the comics could be made using the onderon soldier armor model from tsl as the base. I saw a lore friendly reskin of the normal jedi robes that mimic the comic style robes and i liked the idea.. than I saw the onderon soldier and a light bulb went off in my head. It's the perfect model to use to make some custom Qel Cay Droma robes, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS A THING?

img-26.JPG

Cay_qel_droma.jpg

• Like 2

Absolutely. Great idea, and very good choice of model because the male and female share a texture. That will make things interesting for this, for me.

I'll try and get to work on his armor and some other types right away. My thinking here is it could replace the J class (star forge robe) section.

Edit: I misread your post a bit but I'm still working on this, I'll look into it and post progress soon.

Edit 2: I see your K1 tag, but is the Onderon soldier model around for K1. I know it's probably in Expanded Galaxy Project, but I need to verify and that will take little time.

Edit 3: It will take a healthy amount of time, days etc., to finish the mod, but I started the process today. 

Ah yeah I forgot to add "tsl port" tag when I posted. I'm not sure how different the systems are when it comes to porting models from the respective opposite games. Prob need to rig it I'm thinking at the very least if it's not in k1s base files. I wish there were actual apps on Android where I could reliably edit/make meshes. I've found how to texture stuff but it's not fun directly editing texture files when they aren't on the model. Lots of guess work and trial and error. Thanks for taking on my request tho I appreciate it

45 minutes ago, drinkykrow said:

I've found how to texture stuff but it's not fun directly editing texture files when they aren't on the model. Lots of guess work and trial and error.

You can use the Model Viewer. No fancy shading and things, but it does allow you to preview your texture changes in a few seconds.

• Like 1

I have some early work done on that skin for these appearances. I did Cay, and Uliq's armor.

Granted I haven't tested it yet to say these are done. This is the first draft or first coat of paint on a painting, so to speak.

Cay Qel-Droma

Spoiler

725689533_CayQel-DromasArmor.thumb.png.89e952ebc5dc6971804003aa77648c40.png

Uliq Qel-Droma

Spoiler

953019902_UliqQel-DromasArmor.thumb.png.75fefa484554a9e7044485fef05b0c73.png

I also found out there's no existing ported version of the model into K1 yet.

Sweet. Well until someone does port the model it could be just a TSL mod? I'm gonna do some digging and try to either find the model ported already or figure out how to port it myself using just my phone.  May buy a new PC with all the sales going on this month and port it myself, if that happens I'll let you know.

Yeah I mean that's fine. That would be doable.

I'll continue work on the TSL adaptation of the request, and get back to you within a few days with it hopefully.

There's no issue regarding body model ports, as far as I know. There's MDLEdit, which is pretty straightforward to use. We also have an extremely updated KotorBlender now, but I'm yet to try it out.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:35 PM, 90SK said:

Absolutely. Great idea, and very good choice of model because the male and female share a texture. That will make things interesting for this, for me.

There's no female Onderon soldier.
You can use the Onderon commoner model, that one does use the same texture layout for male and female. But, it looks a lot more like a poncho.
See https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1672321360

A male only item is also an option.

8 hours ago, Effix said:

There's no female Onderon soldier.
You can use the Onderon commoner model, that one does use the same texture layout for male and female. But, it looks a lot more like a poncho.
See https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1672321360

A male only item is also an option.

Yep, I spotted this mistake as well in my original text. Well, there are ways around it, but a male only item is the easiest way to directly get the armor.

I actually thought the cut Atris DS robe would suit this item well for female.

4 minutes ago, Effix said:

Let my know if I can I assist in any way :)

I will, should be pretty straightforward now that we have the model and the skins. :)

I need to fine tune the skins. I'll PM you about additional questions with the model if I have them. 

90SK asked me to assist. He made the textures, I added the ported model.
Simply copy the files from the attachment to your override folder.
This mod replaces the 4 male Jedi/Knight/Master robe variations (brown, blue, red, black). The icons aren't updated, mostly because the female robes aren't changed.
We hope you like it :)

afbeelding.thumb.png.ddce852145a043f68f0783f3daa67635.png

90SK's Qel-Droma Robes.zip

You know, it does have a bit of that Tales of the Jedi look. Would it be too difficult to make the female supermodel use this body model?

Thanks effix and 90sk. This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I posted this. Looks really good! I'm gonna slap this on as a replacer for the qel cay droma robes you get in game. Only I get to wear the special robes! Lol. I have one question for either of you I'm sure one of you knows what I'm gonna ask, what color in textures corresponds to making that part of the texture see through or have shiny metal look? I know how to change in the appearance.2da to make the luminosity appear metallic but don't know what to do to the texture to make it appear that way. I know it's like a darker color but not totally sure?

18 hours ago, La Ingobernable said:

You know, it does have a bit of that Tales of the Jedi look. Would it be too difficult to make the female supermodel use this body model?

I actually haven't run into a male model that doesn't use the female supermodel. If you mean turn this model into one that has a female body shape, then no, that's not something I can do, I lack the 3D modeling skills.

17 hours ago, drinkykrow said:

Thanks effix and 90sk. This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I posted this. Looks really good! I'm gonna slap this on as a replacer for the qel cay droma robes you get in game. Only I get to wear the special robes! Lol. I have one question for either of you I'm sure one of you knows what I'm gonna ask, what color in textures corresponds to making that part of the texture see through or have shiny metal look? I know how to change in the appearance.2da to make the luminosity appear metallic but don't know what to do to the texture to make it appear that way. I know it's like a darker color but not totally sure?

This already replaces the Qel-Droma Robes as it is.

There's 2 parts to making things shiny, one is a simple text file (which you can make with Notepad, see the attachment below, txi = texture information). This file says which other texture "shines" through. The 2nd part is the alpha layer of the texture. White parts in the alpha layer means the other texture doesn't shine through at all, black parts mean it does fully. Most of the times you don't want to go as far as full black.
To illustrate things, this is HK's texture with its alpha layer:

afbeelding.png.d4de9d1dba91184d97a436c7239e2b61.png

As you can see it's almost a negative of a grayscale version of the color texture, dark parts become white in the alpha layer, light parts become dark.

01 at the end of the filename means texture variation 1 of the item file, you only need 01 and not also 02, 03, 04 for the other textures because those inherit the texture info from the first variation.

PMBI01.txi

17 hours ago, drinkykrow said:

If you're already familiar with setting up cm_baremetal in appearance.2da, these armor textures with correct alpha channels for envmaps should help.

Shiny Qel-Droma 02 and 03.zip

you need to apply an alpha channel (checkered pattern on image, setting in layers) and then create transparency in the texture (a checkered pattern will appear for transparent parts, and will show how transparent it is) for environment maps to show through. Most of the time this is obscured by KotOR tool conversion.

Hopefully this info is relevant, but keep asking questions and I'll get back to you. :)