YourSoul1sMine

[K1] Kreia as a secret companion mod

Greetings everyone. I like to ask everyone a question. I'm a newbie when it comes to KOTOR II: The Sith Lords. So I been watching videos about the character Kreia and I find her very intriguing about her wisdom and quotes. So I was thinking to add her in KotOR 1 as a secret companion in my KotOR (Reborn Edition mod). Is it a great idea to add her as a secret companion or no? I want people to give their critique on this idea.

From a story-driven perspective, I don't think it makes much sense nor would it enhance the gameplay from that aspect, since there are no custom responses or interactions with her you can have as Revan. Maybe just edit a cryptic response each time you interact with her. Like... I dunno. "Now is not the time for questions..." or something :)

From a mod-visual perspective, it could be a fun idea. I am personally not the type of person who uses mods to deploy special characters, or change their appearance. I'm just not into that. I like changing items, lightsaber hilts and such, but I imagine for those who enjoy secret companions would enjoy it. Probably the Kreia with Dark Side robes rather than her usual clothing.

Best of luck, if you proceed with this project!

• Like 1

Thank you for your response. I might create a possible scenario where you meet Kreia in a secret place and she reveals your true identity early in the game since she's has the ability to foresee events that occur in the future. Also I might implement is if "Revan" recruits her after completing his/her Jedi training in Dantoonie and decide to return to Dantoonie for whatever reason before being attacked by Darth Malak's fleet, she informs Revan that see can't step foot on Dantoonie because of her exile. Need to develop more ideas for her in the future.

On 11/23/2021 at 9:39 PM, YourSoul1sMine said:

Thank you for your response. I might create a possible scenario where you meet Kreia in a secret place and she reveals your true identity early in the game since she's has the ability to foresee events that occur in the future. Also I might implement is if "Revan" recruits her after completing his/her Jedi training in Dantoonie and decide to return to Dantoonie for whatever reason before being attacked by Darth Malak's fleet, she informs Revan that see can't step foot on Dantoonie because of her exile. Need to develop more ideas for her in the future.

I dont think Kreia would spoil the Revelation to Revan for two main reasons. Kreia is much more the type of person to watch something play out than actively interfere. I could see her dropping vague cryptic comments that in retrospect upon the Revelation would make sense, but never outright telling  Revan who he truly is.

The second reason is because as Kreia says, the mindwipe allowed the True Revan to once again resurface, the one that was untainted by all that he had experienced in the Mandalorian Wars and out in the Unknown Regions, and I cant really see her doing something to jeopardize what she views as the true self of her most prized pupil.

• Like 2