LoneWanderer

MOD:Poison weapons and upgrades

Poison weapons and upgrades

"Poison weapons and upgrades" mod for Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

VERSION: 1.0
RELEASE DATE: October 11, 2021
AUTHOR: LoneWanderer

---------------------

1.Description
---------------------
Adds 3 poison weapons (2 with new models) and 6 melee upgrades with custom icons.

KOTOR I had several poisoned weapons, which were quite fun to use, but in TSL poison damage type was limited to mostly useless or rarely used grenades, mines and droid special weapons. The goal of this mod is to make gameplay more varied and interesting by adding new obtainable poison weapons and upgrades.

Weapons:
Naga Sadow's Poison Blade - inside Korriban's Academy
Poison Short Sword - can be bought from Samhan Dobo on Telos
Sith Poison Double-Bladed Spear - from Dark Jedi Apprentice inside Freedon Nadd's tomb

Upgrades (can be created using a workbench):
Mild Poisonious Edge - Poison, Mild Damage DC 15 (requres skill: Stealth 6)
Average Poisonious Edge - Poison, Average Damage DC 25 (requres skill: Stealth 14)
Severe Poisonious Edge - Poison, Virulent Damage DC 30 (requres skill: Stealth 22)
Deadly Poisonious Edge - Poison, Deadly Damage DC 50 (requres skill: Stealth 32)

Average Weakening Edge - Poison, Average Weakness DC 20 (requres skill: Awareness 10)
Deadly Weakening Edge - Poison, Deadly Weakness DC 40 (requres skill: Awareness 28)

Since level cap was raised from 20 to 50 in TSL and autobalance system increases the level of enemies to match the level of Main Character, this means that in the latter half of the game most enemies will have very high resistance to poison, which makes it ineffective. To counter this imbalance, 2 additional levels of poison damage were added: Deadly Damage and Deadly Weakness. Also, to increase the chance of poisoning enemies, you can try lowering their Fortitude using, for example, Force Scream.

As a bonus Poison Short Sword and Sith Poison Double-Bladed Spear have new models (see License information in section 6.Credits). The correct shadow models were kindly created by DarthParametric.

CHEATS.
'giveitem poisn_short_01' - Poison Short Sword
'giveitem poisn_spear_01' - Sith Poison Double-Bladed Spear
'giveitem sadow_blade_01' - Naga Sadow's Poison Blade
'giveitem u_m_psn_edge_01' - Mild Poisonious Edge
'giveitem u_m_psn_edge_02' - Average Poisonious Edge
'giveitem u_m_psn_edge_03' - Severe Poisonious Edge
'giveitem u_m_psn_edge_04' - Deadly Poisonious Edge
'giveitem u_m_wkn_edge_01' - Average Weakening Edge
'giveitem u_m_wkn_edge_02' - Deadly Weakening Edge

---------------------
2.Installation
---------------------
Run "TSLPatcher.exe" installer and select your TSL folder.

-------------------------
3.Uninstallation
------------------------
Delete installed files of the mod from Override folder. Copy the files (except dialog.tlk) within the generated "backup" folder and place them in the Override folder, place dialog.tlk in your TSL folder.

If you installed other mods after this one that modify dialog.tlk, iprp_onhitdc.2da, itemcreate.2da, itemcreatemira.2da, poison.2da, upgrade.2da, then you should uninstall those mods first.

-----------------------
4.Compatibilty
-----------------------
This mod is compatible with TSLRCM.
New weapons use model variation 20 of short sword and double-bladed sword. New upgrades use item icon slots ip_pltuseitm_113 - ip_pltuseitm_118. If items from other mods use these model variations or slots, then they will overwrite each other appearance.
-----------------------
5.Permissions
----------------------
This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the author.
This mod can be reuploaded / posted on other sites only if it is unavailable both on DeadlyStream, and on Nexus, and there is no contact with the author for at least 3 months.

--------------
6.Credits
--------------
Poison Short Sword uses model "Modern Sword" (https://skfb.ly/669CC) by Vladimir that is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).

Sith Poison Double-Bladed Spear uses model "Spear" (https://skfb.ly/6sWQT) by DafVader that is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).

Fred Tetra - KOTOR Tool
TK102 - DLG Editor
Stoffe and Fair Strides - TSLPatcher
Blue - KotOR Scripting Tool

Special Thanks to DarthParametric for creating models used as weapons' shadows

----------------
7.Contact
---------------
PM me on DeadlyStream or Nexus.

Disclaimer
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE-MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/11/2021
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

This is such a necessary mod!

Poison is underutilized in both K1 and K2, almost makes the Immunity: Poison property useless after early game. This mod definitely changes that!

Are you thinking of doing a mod similar to this for Kotor 1?

@djh269 Glad that I’m not the only one who thinks Poison damage type was seriously underused and could have been featured more prominently.

Version 1.0 of the mod made poison weapons and upgrades available to the player’s party, next update will give poison weapons to some existent enemies. For example, it’ll make sense for thugs on Nar-Shaddaa to use poisoned daggers.

Currently, I have no plans for K1 version, as that game already has poison weapons, and enemies, capable to poison the player, are more common. I’ll think about it after version 1.1.

46 minutes ago, LoneWanderer said:

Version 1.0 of the mod made poison weapons and upgrades available to the player’s party, next update will give poison weapons to some existent enemies. For example, it’ll make sense for thugs on Nar-Shaddaa to use poisoned daggers.

I like that idea, there's quite a few thugs/mercenaries/Sith that should be using poison weapons!

47 minutes ago, LoneWanderer said:

@djh269 Currently, I have no plans for K1 version, as that game already has poison weapons, and enemies, capable to poison the player, are more common. I’ll think about it after version 1.1.

That's fair play mate, I look forward to your 1.1 release!