These are the following mods that do work and I'm using for SWKotOR (Reborn Edition) mod.

Fens - Juhani by Fenharel https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1199

Impossible Mode Restored 1.0.0 by Zulkain 

VP's Canon Revan by Varsity Puppet & SeraphicCreed https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/77

[K1] Form of "soldier HD "International Global mod" 1.0.0 by Dark Hope 

Agent Xim's Korriban Crystal Cave by JumpStationZ

Caution Difficulty.png

Soldier Difficulty.png

Insanity Difficulty.png

Impossible Difficulty restored.png

Fens - Juhani.png

Fens - Juhani 2.png

VP's Canon Revan.png

VP's Canon Revan (Dark Side).png

Dark Hope form of Soldier 2.png

Dark Hope form of Soldier.png

Agent Xim Korriban Crystal Cave.png

I'm really surprised to see that the console port of the game can support mods with such large texture sizes. I was under the impression that the engine itself, despite being on an original Xbox, 360 or Xbone, was designed to not allow super high textures on the console port. I knew that new NPCs and placeables, item mods and new modules (to an extent) and 2DA edits mostly worked, but this is a genuine surprise. I assume this is your Reddit thread also?

Found it when I was looking up what you meant by Kotor "Reborn" edition.

Eitherway, nice job getting it compatible. Where/how did you learn how to add mods to the game on 360?

• Like 1

They still don't support large textures sizes due to memory limitations. What I did was resize some to 512x512 or 256x256 uncompressed, compress them using tga2tpc, Rename the tpc extension to txb, the standard texture format that the Xbox version uses, and then add them in like this. Hdd1\Compatibility\Xbox1\TDATA\4c410003\override. Same for other files. Yes that's my reddit post. I made another post if you want to check it out.

Edited by YourSoul1sMine
Missing Information
  • Like 1

I am very interested to learn more about the original Xbox's modding capabilities, as there's very limited info available about it. Have you tried any mods that add new modules besides the crystal caves? I would love to learn how Yavin IV or Ord Mantell works. 

I also don't know much about original Xbox modding, do you think this would be possible with the tools available today to do this on original Xbox hardware or do you need at least a 360?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mephiles550 said:

I am very interested to learn more about the original Xbox's modding capabilities, as there's very limited info available about it. Have you tried any mods that add new modules besides the crystal caves? I would love to learn how Yavin IV or Ord Mantell works. 

I also don't know much about original Xbox modding, do you think this would be possible with the tools available today to do this on original Xbox hardware or do you need at least a 360?

I tried loading Yavin IV, however, it crashed. But with Korriban Crystal Cave, it appears corrupt and you can't walk. But I figured out the problem. The modules uses certain .mdl/.mdx, vis, and lyt files in the models.bif, layouts.bif and lightmaps.bif archive in the PC version for their corresponding module. For instance, for Dantoonie Crystal Caves, they use m14ae_01a.mdl, mdx and m14ae_02a.mdl, mdx files in the models.bif for their module. However, in the Xbox version, they acquire it in danm14ae_a.rim and danm14ae_adx.rim in the rimsxbox folder since there are not in the models.bif or models2.bif. So what I had to do to make Korriban Crystal Cave function is I had to take assets from the danm14ae_a.rim and danm14ae_adx.rim like .mdl/mdx, lyt and vis files since the module is using an existing module from Dantoonie Crystal Caves but with minor changes. So I think to make Yavin IV or Ord Mantell to function is you have to obtain the assets you need from the rimsxbox folder since those are using existing module assets. Yes. It should be possible for the Original Xbox. It's not required to have a RGH/JTAG Xbox 360. However, I do recommend to upgrade an Original Xbox's Ram from 64MB to 128MB and or upgrade the CPU too.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 5:03 PM, YourSoul1sMine said:

They still don't support large textures sizes due to memory limitations. What I did was resize some to 512x512 or 256x256 uncompressed, compress them using tga2tpc, Rename the tpc extension to txb, the standard texture format that the Xbox version uses, and then add them in like this. Hdd1\Compatibility\Xbox1\TDATA\4c410003\override. Same for other files. Yes that's my reddit post. I made another post if you want to check it out.

On 10/23/2021 at 9:51 AM, YourSoul1sMine said:

These are the following mods that do work and I'm using for SWKotOR (Reborn Edition) mod.

Fens - Juhani by Fenharel https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1199

Impossible Mode Restored 1.0.0 by Zulkain 

VP's Canon Revan by Varsity Puppet & SeraphicCreed https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/77

[K1] Form of "soldier HD "International Global mod" 1.0.0 by Dark Hope 

Agent Xim's Korriban Crystal Cave by JumpStationZ

Caution Difficulty.png

Soldier Difficulty.png

Insanity Difficulty.png

Impossible Difficulty restored.png

Fens - Juhani.png

Fens - Juhani 2.png

VP's Canon Revan.png

VP's Canon Revan (Dark Side).png

Dark Hope form of Soldier 2.png

Dark Hope form of Soldier.png

Agent Xim Korriban Crystal Cave.png

friend could you pass these mod that you modified for xbox? I play both kotro in 360 and it has cost me a lot to get mods, by any chance don't you also have mods for kotor 2?

Edited by VarsityPuppet
double-post cleanup