N-DReW25

303NAR Model Glitches

Hello to all who might take interest in this, I was recently testing out some textures for another user who made some textures for Nar Shaddaa. During playtesting, I noticed what appeared to be a minor, yet visibly obvious, a bug that appears to be present in one of the 303NAR module models. I removed the texture mod and as expected these bugs were visible even with the original textures as you can see here below:

Exhibit A: Notice how the terminal on the left is brightly lit up, whilst the terminal on the right is dark.

Spoiler

20210911163556_1.thumb.jpg.850d56987a585d35ba76a5b4d5afc227.jpg

Exhibit B: This terminal is in the exact same room as exhibit A, this terminal and the other terminal might be part of the same room model.

Spoiler

20210911163601_1.thumb.jpg.6598808b3977956ddec82c4ef240bbdf.jpg

Both of these light and dark terminals are found in the droid control room inside Vogga's warehouse, where T3 acquires the ID signature. But these aren't the only locations in the same module where these terminals occur, in the image below you can see the same dark terminal texture in the cut dock rooms but this time the dark terminal on the left is lit up like the terminal on the right:

Spoiler

20210911163637_1.thumb.jpg.6a202b8e3453016f8041c12211cf71f3.jpg

I theorize that this is some sort of lighting issue with the model, this isn't urgently in need of a fix; though it would be good if it was fixed as this issue was *really* noticeable when playing with Nar Shaddaa texture packs.

In addition to the lighting issue, there is also this massive crack in the wall outside the Docks which can X-Ray into the apartments as you can see here:

Spoiler

20211010005505_1.thumb.jpg.379b7761e7286f70c84576c6114ba39e.jpg

20210909141047_1.thumb.jpg.7d8390eaca17d04d05baf50f430abde5.jpg20210909141042_1.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 5:51 PM, N-DReW25 said:

Exhibit A: Notice how the terminal on the left is brightly lit up, whilst the terminal on the right is dark.

Exhibit B: This terminal is in the exact same room as exhibit A, this terminal and the other terminal might be part of the same room model.

Got some spare time and currently invest on looking for the relevant model/s. I think I know what the issue is and how to fix it. I'll let you know when I found something. Though don't hold your breath on this one. 😛 Cheers!

Edit: Alright, @N-DReW25 -- apparently I can't export the edited model from gmax/KOTORmax and fail to figure out what happened. The program works weeks ago but not this time -- such shame. On that attempt I was able to add two floating mesh copied from c06 that allows each to have separate self-illumination from the panel that supports behind.

With only MDLedit in hand I can only provide an edited model that enable the lightmaps to Object231 -- therefore they're dimmed at the same level with c06. Here, try this if you like -- [TSL]_303narl_Object231_Lightmapped_BETA.7z

-- be advised it haven't been tested so I can't tell if it works let alone how it looks. The person that does the texture can utilize CM_Bright to light the monitor part if you they want that glow effects though. Indeed not the best solution available, so I hope you can have it sorted best as possible.

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update to 303narl -- [TSL]_303narl_Selfillumed_c06_Monitor.7z

gmax being good and is firing up now. Probably my machine choked on something the last time and I didn't bother doing anything about it. My bad on that part. 😛

So, that one should be a rather appropriate fix as the monitor is now detached from the desk behind and is self-illuminated -- therefore, no need for CM_Bright hacks, in case someone doing it. Also the lightmaps should not even be working with the former [it should broke, even] as I've been reminded by @DarthParametric that it needs to be UV-ed properly -- and I didn't do/remember that.

It's set up similarly with the monitor beside it which is Object231. Let me know how and if it works.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Update to 303narl -- [TSL]_303narl_Selfillumed_c06_Monitor.7z

gmax being good and is firing up now. Probably my machine choked on something the last time and I didn't bother doing anything about it. My bad on that part. 😛

So, that one should be a rather appropriate fix as the monitor is now detached from the desk behind and is self-illuminated -- therefore, no need for CM_Bright hacks, in case someone doing it. Also the lightmaps should not even be working with the former [it should broke, even] as I've been reminded by @DarthParametric that it needs to be UV-ed properly -- and I didn't do/remember that.

It's set up similarly with the monitor beside it which is Object231. Let me know how and if it works.

I've tried out this latest fix and it appears to work like a charm!

Can confirm that all the terminals now look bright as intended!

• Like 2