Sign in to follow this  
EAF97

Tatooine Job Office Mod Fix

Can anyone confirm that the "Tatooine Job Office" mod by TimBob12 is still having problems? There were comments stating that Mission's Brother and Bastila's Mother no longer spawn in their proper locations and that this in turn breaks both quest-lines for those companions. TimBob12 doesn't seem to have been active on here for several years and no "fix" seems to have been reported on there aside from a fix for the Brotherhood of Shadow Expansion. 

Would someone be interested in fixing this mod and/or advising me on how I could possibly fix it and the errors/incompatibilities caused by it? I was looking forward to trying it but I would rather not break the game.

Mate, I think what's happened is he's missed out scripts for his mod... 

I think you need to extract these two vanilla scripts and rename them with _old against them...

k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs

k_ptat18ac_enter.ncs

Extract the above vanilla scripts into a seperate folder and rename them to: 

k_ptat17ab_enter_old.ncs

k_ptat18ac_enter_old.ncs

And then place them in your override folder, I could be wrong though haha. 

This is the decompiled k_ptat18ac_enter.ncs file I extracted with DeNCS: 

void main() {
    if (((!GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40)) && (GetEnteringObject() == GetFirstPC()))) {
        SetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40, 1);
        object oKrayt_skel = CreateObject(64, "krayt_skel", Location(Vector(344.99, 327.62, 81.32), 90.0), 0);
        CreateItemOnObject("info_pad", oKrayt_skel, 1);
    }
    ExecuteScript("k_ptat18ac_enter_old", OBJECT_SELF, 0xFFFFFFFF);
}

But there is no k_ptat18ac_enter_old.ncs file in the tslpatchdata folder

@djh269 I may try to edit the .git files for tat_m17af where Helena is, and tat_m20aa where Griff is, since those each appear in the same module as either an NPC or placeable associated with the Tatooine Job Office mod. I could copy the data and coordinates for each NPC and put it into the .git file using K-GFF and see if that works, and just make the dialog/coversation conditional rather than their spawning itself.

15 hours ago, EAF97 said:

@djh269 I may try to edit the .git files for tat_m17af where Helena is, and tat_m20aa where Griff is, since those each appear in the same module as either an NPC or placeable associated with the Tatooine Job Office mod. I could copy the data and coordinates for each NPC and put it into the .git file using K-GFF and see if that works, and just make the dialog/coversation conditional rather than their spawning itself.

No need to make a job of it, djh has the right answer. The author simply forgot to include some base-game scripts.