JohnnyBravo

Trying to figure out why editing featgain.2da isn't working.

I was changing the levels in which each class gets feats, it does not seem to work. I basically made it so scout gets a feat the first three levels then another every other, and scoundrel gets a feat the first two levels, and then every other. Mission Joins the party at lvl 3, so when she hit level 4 I expected her to get another feat. She however did not. The featgain.2da is located here --> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\swkotor\override (on my pc). I edited it with the Kotor Tool program and saved it in the mentioned folder. Not sure if party members level up using a different table? or is another file necessary for this to work? Any input is greaty appreciated.

12 hours ago, JohnnyBravo said:

Not sure if party members level up using a different table? or is another file necessary for this to work?

No, you have the right method, that's not the problem.

First thing is to confirm that the game is actually reading your edited file. Try setting a class's level 1 feats to some other number and checking it in character creation.

Secondly, check you're changing the right values. Scoundrel feats are the column 'scd_reg', and note that the level is the 'label' value, not the row number (because 2das are indexed from 0, not 1).

• Like 2