EAF97

NPC Overhaul for K1

Been a while since I posted, but my NPC Overhaul for K1 is coming along. Here is a new updated look for Yuthura Ban, with Dark Hope's texture for her head and oldflash's Sith/Jedi robe texture for her robe. Let me know what you guys think.image.png.606def4d88d3ef9d50408f1b5579e36d.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EAF97 said:

Here is a new updated look for Yuthura Ban, with Dark Hope's texture for her head and oldflash's Sith/Jedi robe texture for her robe. Let me know what you guys think.

This might be my personal opinion, but unless you intend to use Dark Hope's texture in your mod then you probably shouldn't use it in your preview screenshots. It'll seem misleading to the players and while it does sound stupid I assure you there are definitely players who would assume Dark Hope's texture is included in your mod based on nothing but your screenshot.

If you are INDEED planning on using Dark Hope's texture, might I ask why? It'll look silly to include a 4K head texture for a single NPC when the goal of your mod is to "Overhaul" the already existing NPCs in the game. You'd either have to give other NPCs 4K heads of similar quality or stick to not having a Yuthura head texture in the mod (You could always recommend player's use Dark Hope's mod without including it in the package).

And for her robe, did you get permission from OldFlash to use the texture? OldFlash disappeared years ago and there (at least to my knowledge) is not way to contact him, did their mod something written in their readme which states modder's can use this texture in their own mods as long as credit is given?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N-DReW25 said:

(You could always recommend player's use Dark Hope's mod without including it in the package).

I intend to either do this or to  include the file in  my mod directly. I have Dark Hope's permission to use these textures. 

7 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Can you take a screenshot in a better lit area? How about in her original spot in Dreshdae?

image.png.a1a4372574b194d66baa266e43040cae.png

• Like 3

image.png.0853478fc88302ac014d8e381be5b6a7.png

Been a while but I have resumed work on my NPC enhancement mod for Kotor 1. I recently figured out how to port the models for DeadMan's Movie-Style Mandalorians into K1 so I will be releasing a mod for this at some point in addition to other things

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 12:07 AM, EAF97 said:

Been a while since I posted, but my NPC Overhaul for K1 is coming along. Here is a new updated look for Yuthura Ban, with Dark Hope's texture for her head and oldflash's Sith/Jedi robe texture for her robe. Let me know what you guys think.image.png.606def4d88d3ef9d50408f1b5579e36d.png

i do love that robe for her. it does fit the Sith aesthetic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salk said:

Is it possible to download oldflash's robe for Yuthura somewhere? 

I made a search but it came out empty.

I'd have to check, I made that post over a year ago and it was on some obscure site if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

I guess G0-T0 is a "real boy" now. Still not sure which NPC to assign this head to but it should be interesting (textures were partly re-used from one of Effix's mods for the skin).

image.png

image.png