EAF97

NPC Overhaul for K1

After much work and planning, I've decided to include the character known as Vima Sunrider, the daughter of Nomi Sunrider, from the Star Wars Legends comics. Based on the year of her birth and the year in which Kotor I takes place that Wookieepedia provides, she'd be about 44-45 by this time. She was initially supposed to appear as a companion in the game but was instead replaced by Bastila and to some extent Juhani as well. Her robe is customized using the Mandalorian Wars robe template from the BOSSR mod and I colored her hair to make her look roughly in her age range. 

image.png.50a039279e9533b321e01ab323ce32b1.png

Changed my mind about Atris and the other Jedi. Here's a test where I gave her some lines. It's not perfect but it's a start. I plan on giving lines to the other three masters who I ported in from Kotor 2 for the enclave. 

• Like 2
  • Light Side Points 2

Keep in mind that the Jedi Maters in TSL were part of the Coruscant High Council, not the Dantooine Council (except Vrook, who may have been transfered), so having them all around like other ordinary Jedi, in the middle of the war,  may not be the most normal situation...

Maybe pick one of them?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spectrometer said:

Keep in mind that the Jedi Maters in TSL were part of the Coruscant High Council, not the Dantooine Council (except Vrook, who may have been transfered), so having them all around like other ordinary Jedi, in the middle of the war,  may not be the most normal situation...

Maybe pick one of them?

Was it ever confirmed that the Councils were definitively separate or was it just an alternative location which had been made for the Jedi during the Civil War due to the widespread animosity towards them? I recall Dantooine was some sort of "elite" enclave where only the most exceptional students were sent. And keep in mind that these other masters could just be visiting too, since Kotor II makes it clear they all knew about the Dantooine Enclave and had been there. I basically had each of these four additional masters replace the generic NPC Jedi who are seen walking around in the Enclave. I spliced together some lines from each of them for the dialog and made it sound like they're talking to a brainwashed Revan (like they know what's going on but are keeping it on the downlow) and the player can have a brief chat with each of them after the initial training (the conversations can only trigger once the player has recited the Jedi Code and built their lightsaber). The lip-synching still needs work but otherwise it's complete. Check out the video here which has all the conversations for them:

Masters in the Enclave - YouTube

This article from Wookieepedia says that they council on Dantooine was a subset from the one from Coruscant. I always understood it as a "local Council" for that region of the galaxy...

I like what you did the reskins and the lines, but I guess my problem is that I don't like the idea of having repeated lines from K2 into K1. However, it's your mod, so you are free to treat it as you see fit.

On 9/27/2021 at 9:57 AM, Spectrometer said:

This article from Wookieepedia says that they council on Dantooine was a subset from the one from Coruscant. I always understood it as a "local Council" for that region of the galaxy...

I like what you did the reskins and the lines, but I guess my problem is that I don't like the idea of having repeated lines from K2 into K1. However, it's your mod, so you are free to treat it as you see fit.

The lines are spliced around and in different orders from their initial dialogue. I intentionally made it so that the dialog would sound like something each of these masters would say to an amnesiac padawan Revan. Here are the lines so far for all four of them

Masters in the Enclave - YouTube

On 9/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, N-DReW25 said:

That's actually possible!

The utc for Davik's intro and the utc for Davik's battle are two different files meaning just this is possible.

I did something very similar for my K1 Gameplay Improvement mod actually:

20200208014404_1.jpg.f2573f812ef0c4b5eab

I've got an idea! Maybe you could use EAF97's custom Davik robe for his intro appearance and his armor for his battle appearance. And would you also consider putting the Jedi Masters from KOTOR II into the Jedi Enclave? My point is, you two should work together. 

7 hours ago, Jango32 said:

Time stamped the relevant dialogue pertaining to the Coruscant-Dantooine council difference.

Yes there's a difference, although it's worth noting a few things:

1) The Jedi Temple on Coruscant was only established a few decades prior after their main temple on Ossus was destroyed in the Great Sith War. This new temple on Coruscant was the same temple at the time of the prequels but it took centuries to get to the point of where it was in the movies.

2) The Jedi weren't very popular at this time and Dantooine seemed to be more of a private place where the Jedi were able to go while Coruscant was more where they handled public relations b/c of their relationship with the Republic government

3) All the Jedi even on the high council knew about Dantooine and visited there at various times. They all seem to be reminiscing that it's "not what it once was" when the group of them gather at the end of Kotor 2. Not to mention at least one of them--Vrook Lamar--seemed to hold membership in both councils.

4) Bastila seems rather shaken when Dantooine's enclave is destroyed b/c she acts like there's no hope left. You'd think she'd rest more easy in terms of the long run if the main Jedi force was in fact on Coruscant

5) It's mentioned in Kotor 2 that Atris' primary target for saving relics was Dantooine. Later if you mention her survival to the jedi masters, one of them says, "it's good she survived since she has most of the Jedi knowledge." This hints that Dantooine was actually where the Jedis' main assets were but that Coruscant at the time was most likely their main "public" area they established to have a relationship with the Republic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EAF97 said:

Yes there's a difference, although it's worth noting a few things:

1) The Jedi Temple on Coruscant was only established a few decades prior after their main temple on Ossus was destroyed in the Great Sith War. This new temple on Coruscant was the same temple at the time of the prequels but it took centuries to get to the point of where it was in the movies.

2) The Jedi weren't very popular at this time and Dantooine seemed to be more of a private place where the Jedi were able to go while Coruscant was more where they handled public relations b/c of their relationship with the Republic government

3) All the Jedi even on the high council knew about Dantooine and visited there at various times. They all seem to be reminiscing that it's "not what it once was" when the group of them gather at the end of Kotor 2. Not to mention at least one of them--Vrook Lamar--seemed to hold membership in both councils.

4) Bastila seems rather shaken when Dantooine's enclave is destroyed b/c she acts like there's no hope left. You'd think she'd rest more easy in terms of the long run if the main Jedi force was in fact on Coruscant

5) It's mentioned in Kotor 2 that Atris' primary target for saving relics was Dantooine. Later if you mention her survival to the jedi masters, one of them says, "it's good she survived since she has most of the Jedi knowledge." This hints that Dantooine was actually where the Jedis' main assets were but that Coruscant at the time was most likely their main "public" area they established to have a relationship with the Republic.

I like to think at this time, the Coruscant masters are just visiting, possibly to give input on Revan's re-training. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JasonRyder said:

I like to think at this time, the Coruscant masters are just visiting, possibly to give input on Revan's re-training. 

That was my thought as well. My main intention with this is to have more continuity between the Jedi seen in Kotor 1 and those seen in Kotor 2. These little convos are meant to be more of an "easter egg" referencing Kotor 2. I'm having other characters like Terena Adare and Zherron appear as well

Uthar looks dapper in those threads!

Have you thought about implementing Sith Marauders/Sith Lords/Sith Assassins like in the Trayus Academy? Food for thought 🤔 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djh269 said:

Uthar looks dapper in those threads!

Have you thought about implementing Sith Marauders/Sith Lords/Sith Assassins like in the Trayus Academy? Food for thought 🤔 

I am in fact using the Trayus Sith robes, which is what Uthar has here. He has the Dark Jedi Master robes, the teachers like Yuthura have robes that are a rank below his (I forget what they're called), and the students will mostly have assassin robes, minus the masks of course

Deesra Luur Jada, the padawan of Master Dorak who is training to become the Dantooine librarian. I used Ashton Scorpius' Male Twilek Remodel for his head, gave him a robe designed by 90SK, and also edited his .utc file to display his full name

swkotor 2021-10-03 20-49-19.png

swkotor 2021-10-03 20-49-29.png

7 hours ago, Effix said:

"It's not easy being green"
~Kermit

Couldn't be more true. I realized there are too many green twi'leks in-game (and ironically Master Bolook--who supervises the trial side-quest on Dantooine--is mentioned as "green" at one point but is actually orange. I thus made Bolook green with his new appearance here and for the padawan Garrum in the enclave, I'm making his skin orange. I will also change the other Twilek Deesra (the one who tells you about the terentateks) to either purple or some other color so they all look more distinct.

Also--the 'slim neck' models for the twilek males are a *major* improvement. I get the impression the regular male twilek heads are basically just designed after Bib  Fortuna (Jabba's assistant in the movies who has that blubbery neck) and just have color variation to differentiate them. Canonically and in most depictions, most Twilek males don't have blubbery necks.

image.png.2d0e3a51f4e436836f6686083e5c551a.png

"Ironically Master Bolook--who supervises the trial side-quest on Dantooine--is mentioned as "green" at one point but is actually orange."

I've played KOTOR many times and have never come across this line. Can someone point me to it? 

8 hours ago, JasonRyder said:

"Ironically Master Bolook--who supervises the trial side-quest on Dantooine--is mentioned as "green" at one point but is actually orange."

I've played KOTOR many times and have never come across this line. Can someone point me to it? 

It's one of Rickard's lines during the murder investigation, "Yes, you green-skinned nerfherder!"

You have to get only half the evidence before making the judgement for him to say it, which is why you wouldn't have heard it.

The line's not actually in error; in the original XBox version Bolook was green. He was swapped to orange in the PC version, presumably for variety, but whoever made the change obviously didn't see that line either.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 10:34 PM, TamerBill said:

It's one of Rickard's lines during the murder investigation, "Yes, you green-skinned nerfherder!"

You have to get only half the evidence before making the judgement for him to say it, which is why you wouldn't have heard it.

The line's not actually in error; in the original XBox version Bolook was green. He was swapped to orange in the PC version, presumably for variety, but whoever made the change obviously didn't see that line either.

As in you need to get half the evidence and make the judgement? That explains why I never hear it since I always get all the evidence before I accuse both of them.