EAF97

NPC Overhaul for K1

Greetings everyone, 

My name is EAF97 and I have an exciting new and upcoming mod for those who wish to enhance the appearance of Kotor I in particular. I have taken the liberty to remedy the dreaded "clone effect" for many of the interactive NPCs which players meet in the game and am replacing many of the heads of these NPCs with Playable character heads from the game itself, as well as with PC heads which I have ported in along with some more minor but unique NPC heads from Kotor II and finally some custom-designed heads (with permission from their designers) as well in order to create more variety in the appearance for NPCs. Those who you don't talk to will still retain their generic appearance, but most conversational NPCs will indeed have more distinct appearances. This is what I have created so far and I am looking forward to releasing this project hopefully within the month. A big shoutout to any modders who agreed to allow me to use their work in this endeavor, especially to Effix for the great deal of advice and for Dark Hope in allowing me to use some amazing custom skins and textures and for the others who will be credited for allowing me to use their custom heads and skins. 

image.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EAF97 said:

Figured I'd give Brejik an upgrade

image.png

I never liked the original Brejik face. This one is waaay better, I like it)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, heyorange said:

I never liked the original Brejik face. This one is waaay better, I like it)

Thanks! It was actually the PFHH02 player head from Kotor 2 which I ported in.

• Like 1

Just now, EAF97 said:

Thanks! It was actually the PFHH02 player head from Kotor 2 which I ported in.

That's why it looked so familiar) Good choice and as I understand there will be no "clone" problem for the player because you can't select this head when in the character creation screen.

12 minutes ago, heyorange said:

That's why it looked so familiar) Good choice and as I understand there will be no "clone" problem for the player because you can't select this head when in the character creation screen.

Exactly, although there's a mod which enables you to select it. There will also be plenty of player heads from the game itself that'll appear but  they dont repeat and are only used for very minor characters

Anakin a.k.a. Kel Algwinn is feeling ambivalent about Korriban and the Sith because of all the sand there 😎

image.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, EAF97 said:

Anakin a.k.a. Kel Algwinn is feeling ambivalent about Korriban and the Sith because of all the sand there 😎

😆 Lol, I like this one)))

• Thanks 1

Finally got around to upgrading most of the human duelists (except for Deadeye Duncan, who already has his own unique appearance), as well as the nearby duel spectators in the arena area in the Upper City Cantina. Gerlon Two-Fingers, Ice, and Marl are now distinguishable.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

Safe to say I finally finished my overhaul of the Dantooine NPCs for now although I may come back to it and reskin some of the Jedi later. Shen and Rahasia are now more distinct in their appearances (thanks to Dark Hope's textures), as are some of the others like Jon (the NPC who gives you the quest to kill the Mandos, shoutout to Effix for the head I chose to use), and Nemo (the Jedi who later dies while investigating the ancient ruins, shoutout to Kainzorus Prime for allowing me to use his custom head). Aside from the obvious, I was also successfully able to port in Administrator Terena Adare from Kotor 2 to replace one of the generic NPCs standing outside the enclave but more importantly the NPC she replaces has a VO which sounds a lot like her.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

UPDATE: I went ahead and added Jedi Master Lonna Vash from Kotor II to the enclave on Dantooine by putting her head on a random female Jedi NPC who is shown patrolling the area. That Jedi doesn't really stop for a conversation but says things if you click on her, and her VO sounds pretty similar to Vash's. Overall I'd say this is a good fit. I'm happy to receive feedback on this

swkotor 2021-09-12 05-20-46.png

swkotor 2021-09-12 05-20-51.png

Sharina Fizark (the lady who sells you the Wraid Plate on Tatooine) now has a unique face. Perhaps now you'll recognize her when you meet her again on Dantooine (as a bonus, I included the restoration files of her to the Dantooine enclave in my mod and patched in her new head there too)

image.png

Lashowe, from the Sith Academy on Korriban. Successfully ported in Sith robes from Kotor 2 as well

image.png.f534fd97c634f221f4b8065a63e9a60c.png

• Like 2

Some alien members of the Swoop gangs on Taris have been replaced by Weequay species ported in from Kotor 2 to make it more interesting and diverse in terms of species

image.png.2bddc74250fb7e07d819b29796138399.png

• Like 1

This is a very noble project! Will likely download once completed, as long as not too many K1R conflicts/overwrites :)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zhaboka said:

This is a very noble project! Will likely download once completed, as long as not too many K1R conflicts/overwrites :)

Thanks! I don't think there will be any conflicts w/ K1R, as I am mainly just editing the appearances of NPCs who appear in the vanilla version (basically nearly any NPC who is seen talking or whom you can have conversations with will be edited, with the exception of the pazaak players who I generally ignore anyways 😎). The main conflicts will probably be with any mods that edit the clothing/armor of NPCs unless specified and/or unless this mod is installed *after* those other mods so the NPCs who have unique clothing assigned to them won't have it overwritten. 

The Dantooine Jedi Council

image.png.8136d09416b7126b14b5b21a10744570.png

• Like 2

Lashowe has an individual appearance. I don't think she needs to change her head. I can improve the textures as much as possible.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, EAF97 said:

Lashowe, from the Sith Academy on Korriban. Successfully ported in Sith robes from Kotor 2 as well

image.png.f534fd97c634f221f4b8065a63e9a60c.png

20 minutes ago, Dark Hope said:

Lashowe has an individual appearance. I don't think she needs to change her head. I can improve the textures as much as possible.

It was more my choice to change her head and some other NPCs to look different b/c in some cases I felt it matched their personality/voice better (I used your PMHB01 reskin head for the NPC Gendar, for example, and overhauled his unique appearance b/c that head seemed to suit him. I also changed the NPC Jorak Uln--the Sith hermit in the tombs--so that his head looked like Palpatine's). However if you'd be interested in creating highly-improved retextures of some of the original appearances, I'll include them in the mod as an "alternate" option for players to choose, with you receiving full credit for it of course. Having more options to customize the appearance would be beneficial in my opinion, but let me know what you think.

7 hours ago, djh269 said:

I love the Robe! Maybe have him equip his armor when his battle comes around :)

That's actually possible!

The utc for Davik's intro and the utc for Davik's battle are two different files meaning just this is possible.

I did something very similar for my K1 Gameplay Improvement mod actually:

20200208014404_1.jpg.f2573f812ef0c4b5eab

• Like 2

I do love the appearance changes you made in your mod and I can remember you implementing that into your mod xD

19 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

That's actually possible!

The utc for Davik's intro and the utc for Davik's battle are two different files meaning just this is possible.

Would it be possible to have an alternate option for that in the installer? Id be open to including an optional path for that for players who want it.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:48 PM, djh269 said:

I love the Robe! Maybe have him equip his armor when his battle comes around :)

Absolutely! If possible I may add an alternate option for that, for players who want it in-game. Alternatively he could be seen as wearing the armor underneath his robe or something like that which is probably what Calo Nord did, hence why Calo Nord's armor look nothing like what he appears to be wearing when you kill and loot him.

Atris is now ported into the Jedi Enclave, although she is conspicuously silent toward Revan. I assure you this is deliberate. Credit for her alternate Librarian robes goes to Effix.

image.png.9a617f2de733fe24bf0b77ca4f1f0178.png

• Like 1

All Jedi Council members from both Kotor I & II--Vandar Tokare, Vrook Lamar, Dorak, Zhar Lestin, Atris, Lonna Vash, Kavar, and Zez-Kai Ell--will now appear in the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine and have overhauled HD appearances although the added members are simply there as passive observers (currently working on porting the voice files for the additional council members). Credit for the textures goes to Astor_Kaine, Dark Hope, Ashton Scorpius (will probably just recommend Ashton's male twilek overhaul rather than include it directly), jonathan7, and Effix

image.png.07869b5751555c200419c587f50abcd2.png

• Like 4