ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

2003 actually, not 2007. KOTOR2 in 2004.

Okay I'm way off. Wow. Should have done some fact checking first, I just look stupid now haha. Thanks!

Hey what about the compatibility of this mod with the patch from Xenon? Can I install both of these mods?

I don't know but with the changes K1R makes even with just the demo alone I really wouldn't chance it.  

Hey what about the compatibility of this mod with the patch from Xenon? Can I install both of these mods?

It will definitely conflict with K1R. Additionally, that Xenon "patch" is actually of stolen mods thrown together from other people's work with any of the credit. If has Xenon's name, it just isn't worth having. Trust me on this. (However if you haven't to hear about how Xenon (AKA Cryptobionika) stole other folks work, hear it straight from her own post.

Okay, but I still dont understand, the Xenon patch restores less content than K1R?

Of course it restores less content than K1R.  Why wouldn't it?  The Xenon patch is a bunch of stolen work while K1R is legit, has permission for the work it does use, and ultimately restores A LOT more content than the Xenon patch because it has restored a ton of content outside of the work it borrows from, believe me when I say this because I've played all of the content we have implemented so far.  I even thought about making a trailer at some point but I probably won't until K1R is very close to release.

I believe you, because I see how much content has been restored in the beta version K1R. But when I was playing with the Xenon patch, it was a quest on the Kashyyyk with the wounded wookiee, that asked to kill the hiden Mandalorians and at the end of the quest wookiee gave me the trophy called "Wookiee amulet" or something like this as reward. In K1R this wookiee didnt give his amulet.

I believe you, because I see how much content has been restored in the beta version K1R. But when I was playing with the Xenon patch, it was a quest on the Kashyyyk with the wounded wookiee, that asked to kill the hiden Mandalorians and at the end of the quest wookiee gave me the trophy called "Wookiee amulet" or something like this as reward. In K1R this wookiee didnt give his amulet.

That's because the K1R demo only touches Taris and Dantooine whenever K1R 1.0 will touch every area in the game including Leviathan and Star Forge.  

Yeah, right, and I had forgotten that the K1R demo touches only those planets. But, thanks for the answer and good luck making K1R.

And sorry for my awful English :laughing:

Xenon's patch is for KotOR2....why the juxtaposition with the K1 Restoration?  Different games here...

Xenon's patch is for KotOR2....why the juxtaposition with the K1 Restoration?  Different games here...

That plagiarist made two mods - one for TSL and one for KOTOR.

Alternative Darkside Female Ending

In order to make the deadline for this game, an alternate ending for dark side females was cut.

The ending took place when Carth comes to the star forge to speak to you one last time. From there you could choose to redeem yourself by killing Bastila and stop her using her battle meditation on the sith forces. However, in doing this, the player and Carth lose precious time in escaping from the star forge and remain on the star forge as republic forces destroy the star forge.

Will you be incorporating JdNoa's Alternate Female DS Romance Ending or restoring from scratch?

I always thought JdNoa was a woman. I could be very wrong. . . but this appears to be her old LiveJournal page.

Anyway, the sound files are on the game discs for anyone to access. It's not like JdNoa hired them back to voice those lines. ;)

Any idea roughly when this mod will be ready?

When it's ready.  To paraphrase Blizzard:  "Adding a deadline only creates unneccessarry pressure and causes a cut of content or less quality in content."

2.) Canderous side quest. It's getting a bit weird while/after the encounter with Jagi. I think some variables are not correctly set because I do not get his last speech he gives you after he's settled with the Jagi-business. Maybe this site explains it a bit better.

3.) Juhani side quest. One has to be careful _when_ to trigger it, because afterwards this Xor guy doesn't appear or whatever. Look here for more details and especially look at post #7.

I quote: "In fact if you do it before the Leviathan, you can't trigger Ziagrom, the Twi'lek to tell you about getting "special items" from Mika Dorin, the Rodian. It's a bug in the game. So I wait until after the Leviathan to do Juhani's side quest."

I wanted to add some small details and questions, don't know if they help at all

2) http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3494894 <- Another one having the problem. On further note: The quest (after Jagi kills himself) remains in the journal. Futhermore, Canderous does give some kind of redemption speech once u land on the last planet (before starforge), however the quest still remains in the journal.

3) did u look into it?

Apart from that, the Juhani quest, the Lashowe quest and the Jorak Uln quest (Crazy Old Man?) didn't complete itself in the journal. Please have a look at the ending conditions... especially in Juhani's quest. Could u tell me what's wrong there? The last two are annoyances for journal lovers ^^. It appears to me BioWare forgot to have them finished when u do not give the items to the Sith Master.

Eager to play ur improved edition soon :-)

Edit 1: Apparently the Juhani quest finishes after the encounter with Bastila at the temple roof. The Lashowe quest and Jorak uln disappear after u go to the last planet. Mmh. Weird. Whatever. Canderous Q still not finished ^^

Talking of Juhani Side Quest, I ran into a really weird issue that I suppose is connected to it. After the fight with Xor (...accidentally I wrote first XOR... programming mode on, maybe?) none of the messengers triggered. (I was able to force-trigger them, when I added into a .dlg file a line that runs the messenger triggering script I found in game scripts... obviously it's not the one that game uses normally, however, as it has different conditions for Jagi.) So, it seems to me that Xor doesn't prevent only that premium-item-guy appearing, but all messengers altogether.

By the way, Juhani quest finishes if you don't side with Bastila... if you kill Juhani, it stays in your journal forever. You need to talk to Canderous to finish Canderous quest (on Star Forge, you can do that before you leave Ebon Hawk, if you don't want to take him with you), if you are playing the LS ending. If you play DS ending, Canderous quest finishes on the beach.

You need to talk to Canderous to finish Canderous quest (on Star Forge, you can do that before you leave Ebon Hawk, if you don't want to take him with you), if you are playing the LS ending. If you play DS ending, Canderous quest finishes on the beach.

Good catch! Tried it, worked. Weird that it must happen so late. Whatever.

I wanna play Kotor marathon! 

Come on guys! Come on! Come on! Come on! Come on! :rant: