Sign in to follow this  
Claude

Main Character moving in Slow Motion

Hello dear forum members,

I would like to apologize in advance should this post be in the wrong section.

I am a very seasoned KOTOR player and wanted to give K1 another go, though with quite some mods to enhance the experience.

I stuck to this modding guide and only left out some minor cosmetic chagnes: https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/wiki/kotormodbuildfull

The Game launched perfectly fine in the beginning, proper Full HD, widescreen, mods obviously loaded..

After spending some time on Taris I was tasked with killing Gadon in the Hidden Bek base.

During some heavy combat with loads of different grenades, I noticed my character was moving slower than usual.

Only the main character, but not the other party members, seems to be moving in slow motion, definitely taking longer to travel a certain distance.

When I switch to another member, say Carth or Mission, they move normally and the main character even moves along in a regular fashion, as fast as he should.

It seems my character some some grenade / effect stuck to him. Reloading, Relaunching, Rebooting and a Level-Up ingame have not solved the issue.

I am definitely not confusing the walk and run speeds, as it's a completely different animation when I press "/" to toggle it.

I have no way to revert my progress back to a point where I enjoyed the normal walking speed.

Has anyone encountered something similar? I am not looking for support regarding the assembly of mods etc., I know things can break when modding, but it all was fine until something exploded.

Does anyone know if there's some global player character speed attribute, maybe even something editable with KSE?

Thanks in advance guys, hope we can turn my save playable again!

• Light Side Points 1

On 8/23/2021 at 12:16 PM, DarthParametric said:

You've got the permanent slow debuff bug. I have a couple of mods that fix it. For non-droids use the Cup of Caf mod and for droids use the Droid Oil Bath mod. I'm pretty sure Sniggles mentions this in the build instructions somewhere.

Oh god I can't thank you enough, this was such an easy and fast fix!

Due to work I only get to play on weekends nowadays, now I can keep playing right away.

Thanks a lot, have a nice day!