EAF97

Expanded PartySwap Mod for TSL

It would be both interesting and fun to potentially be able to recruit more people to one's crew in TSL using a system similar to the initial PartySwap mod which gives you an item allowing you to insert the handmaiden in as a replacement for any of your party members even if you're female, and so that you can recruit both her and the Disciple regardless of gender. Perhaps this can be done on a slightly larger scale, combining other possibilities and/or existing mods and allowing you to add more additional companions to a PartySwap-like system. Here were a few I had in mind and not coincidentally, they are all force-users which could make it more interesting:

1) Dustil Onasi: an already-popular mod exists which allows you to recruit Dustil Onasi on Telos, Carth's force-sensitive son from the previous KoToR game and have him replace HK-47, perhaps he could instead be added as an addition to the PartySwap system or an expansion of it.

2) Kaah Ohtok: Master Lonna Vash's padawan, a young Twi'lek whom you meet in the M4-78 expansion. He's a Jedi with tech expertise who struggles with temptations toward the dark side (which is why he attacks you initially). He dies in the expansion despite agreeing to join your party but perhaps a mod could be added to allow him to be recruited in a PartySwap-like way.

3) Kaevee: this is more of a long-shot, considering she was cut but then again so was Kaah. She's a former Padawan living on Dantooine in the Jedi ruins who is the actual thief that was stealing from Suulru and wants a Jedi Master to train her. Perhaps the Exile could agree to take her on

4) Atris: I've heard she was originally going to be recruited but Obsidian scrapped the idea. A user named Reztea introduced a mod where you can recruit her towards the end after you fight and defeat her and she takes Kreia's spot after Kreia leaves (spoiler, so sorry). Perhaps this could be worked into the PartySwap system as well even if she only joins towards the end.

Please share your thoughts on this. I would love feedback and to see this 

Edited by EAF97

The game is sadly hard-wired to be limited on the number of companions you can recruit (up to twelve). It would maybe be possible for one other potential companion to join you before the final act (two if you're not using PartySwap), and they could take the place of either Mira or Hanharr (whoever wasn't recruited). Of course, popular consensus is that G0-T0 doesn't deserve to be a companion, so if one was willing to put the work into just making him a basic NPC which spawns on the Ebon Hawk - and stays there - after Nar Shaddaa (or, ya know, just remove him from the game outright), then maybe that's a slot that could be freed up. I almost did this for PartySwap as an alternative option, but the amount of work it would require to set Disciple up to go in G0-T0's spot on the table and remove G0-T0 from the table altogether w/o deleting content was too much for me at the time.

As for personal thoughts... I think Kaevee was cut for good reason, Kaah was the biggest disappointment of M4-78, which I already don't like, Dustil most likely wouldn't be able to sound like Dustil (some might consider that a good thing), and Atris wouldn't need a PartySwap extension - she could just join you in Kreia's/Bao-Dur's/HK's place after you defeat her (all that would need doing is resetting the appropriate influence level).

On 7/26/2021 at 6:56 AM, DarthTyren said:

The game is sadly hard-wired to be limited on the number of companions you can recruit (up to twelve). It would maybe be possible for one other potential companion to join you before the final act (two if you're not using PartySwap), and they could take the place of either Mira or Hanharr (whoever wasn't recruited). Of course, popular consensus is that G0-T0 doesn't deserve to be a companion, so if one was willing to put the work into just making him a basic NPC which spawns on the Ebon Hawk - and stays there - after Nar Shaddaa (or, ya know, just remove him from the game outright), then maybe that's a slot that could be freed up. I almost did this for PartySwap as an alternative option, but the amount of work it would require to set Disciple up to go in G0-T0's spot on the table and remove G0-T0 from the table altogether w/o deleting content was too much for me at the time.

As for personal thoughts... I think Kaevee was cut for good reason, Kaah was the biggest disappointment of M4-78, which I already don't like, Dustil most likely wouldn't be able to sound like Dustil (some might consider that a good thing), and Atris wouldn't need a PartySwap extension - she could just join you in Kreia's/Bao-Dur's/HK's place after you defeat her (all that would need doing is resetting the appropriate influence level).

Would it be possible to have Kaah replace G0-T0 and/or for G0-T0 to just become an unusable npc aboard the Ebon Hawk? I seem to recall something similar was done for the Dustil recruitment mod where he was brought on but HK-47 stayed as an npc. I'm actually surprised there isn't already a recruitment mod for Kaah allowing us to take him on considering we have no other Twi'lek companions in the game. His tech genius + jedi combo would make an interesting addition to the group and for the end fight scene given that Bao-Dur is dead by then (perhaps add him to the part where you play as the remote and re-use/splice together dialogue of his from the M4-78 expac for his lines). On top of everything else, I feel like being able to recruit him would make M4-78 more worth it in the end.

It would absolutely be possible. The question is would anyone ever actually see the production of such a project as worth their while - and making Kaah somehow not feel like a pointless tack-on. I might have to go back on what I said about Dustil considering that voice reproduction models are clearly being made for other characters in KotOR (I don't know how I missed that).

No matter what, it would have to be handled differently than how PartySwap is handled. PartySwap as-is could only work mechanics-wise for Disciple/Handmaiden or Mira/Hanharr, because those are the only open slots on the party table.

13 hours ago, DarthTyren said:

It would absolutely be possible. The question is would anyone ever actually see the production of such a project as worth their while - and making Kaah somehow not feel like a pointless tack-on. I might have to go back on what I said about Dustil considering that voice reproduction models are clearly being made for other characters in KotOR (I don't know how I missed that).

No matter what, it would have to be handled differently than how PartySwap is handled. PartySwap as-is could only work mechanics-wise for Disciple/Handmaiden or Mira/Hanharr, because those are the only open slots on the party table.

This is understandable. I guess I was approaching it from the point of view that recruiting **someone** from M4-78 would make it feel like it was worth all the trouble. The arc with having to find Lonna Vash is easily the most circuitous out of all the Jedi if this mod is installed and then we can anti-climactic ending for both her and her apprentice after everything b/c they easily get killed.