Sign in to follow this  
JDub96

TSL Widescreen Movies

So... I downloaded the widescreen mod for TSL movies from the Nexus, including the TSLRCM patch but it doesn't seem to work. All my movies still default to the low resolution format.

EDIT: To clarify, I use the GOG version of the game.

Weird... I don't think I'm having the issue and I'm using the same resolution. The movies are in the movies folder, correct? And you're using universal widescreen?

Well, what do you know? I'm having the exact same problem. I'll look around to see if I can solve it.

I figured it out. You'll need to hex edit your executable. This video should  tell you how to do it. Let me know if you have any questions!

Here's the best link on the topic:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II_-_The_Sith_Lords#Full_Screen_Movies

When you hexedit the .exe file, be sure to match your screen resolution exactly -- otherwise, it won't work.  For example, you can't use the hexedit code for 1920x1080 res when your screen is actually 1920x1200 -- close enough won't work in this instance and it'll have no effect whatsoever --  this happened to me and it left me scratching my head for a bit.

Note: It'll make the videos stretch to fit your screen no matter what res the bink videos are so you can do this even without downloading the AI upscaled widescreen  bink videos and it'll still work and look OKish.

Though it might not be the best solution as it comes with it's own problems.

For a while I used the Aspyr patch which was cracked out of steam by a GoG user, besides hexediting the .exe this could be a viable solution for some people.

But now I just use the Steam version directly.

https://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic_series/kotor_ii_drmfree_steam_update/page1

However I know that it messes up the fog on certain levels as well as a few other bugs that were introduced to the game by Aspyr.

I managed to pull off the hex edit and now it works like a charm. Now I just have to hope I don't re-encounter the bug I got the last time I tried TSLRCM.

23 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

However I know that it messes up the fog on certain levels as well as a few other bugs that were introduced to the game by Aspyr.

If you were talking about the bad fog on M4-78, what about the fog fix mod? If not M4-78,  what other fog problems are there?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

If you were talking about the bad fog on M4-78, what about the fog fix mod? If not M4-78,  what other fog problems are there?

If I remember correctly, the problem that fixes is caused everywhere with fog by the Aspyr version, such as Dxun.

Though I could be mis-remembering, I know that is a solution for the fog of M4-78 at least.

Checked : yeah broken fog everywhere in the Aspyr version.

fog.thumb.png.cbe1c194911e9eafaf05a64df571cfb7.png

2 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

If I remember correctly, the problem that fixes is caused everywhere with fog by the Aspyr version, such as Dxun.

Though I could be mis-remembering, I know that is a solution for the fog of M4-78 at least.

Checked : yeah broken fog everywhere in the Aspyr version.

fog.thumb.png.cbe1c194911e9eafaf05a64df571cfb7.png

What mod are you using to get the TSL HUD in K1?

2 minutes ago, JDub96 said:

What mod are you using to get the TSL HUD in K1?

You could use this. ( I released a version for people to use with TSL )

However I am not using just that, as you might be able to tell from Mission & Zaalbar being in the party.

Edit / Note : misread your comment, it's not the TSL GUI in K1, just a colourised version of the K2 GUI for the K1 port I have been working on for some time.

Edited by Thor110
Edit / Note

Ah. I got confused by Mission and Zaalbar being in the screenshot.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JDub96 said:

Ah. I got confused by Mission and Zaalbar being in the screenshot.

I should have probably noted I was on Dxun to check and that I didn't think to swap back to K2. Hehe