TK-664

MOD:Misc. Nitpicks

Misc. Nitpicks

Individual preferences and stuff that annoys me that I've not seen tackled anywhere else, or at least without being scattered around in different mods or not having been done quite how I would myself. Compatible with K1CP. Several changes are included in the PLUS install of Weapons & Armor Uncut.

• Navardan Regenerator becomes a Level 2 implant because it costs more than another implant that does the exact same thing. Even if not for the cost, it's standing existence is reduntant.
  • Bothan Sensory Visor switches price with Bothan Perception Visor. They're clearly mispriced.
  • Security Decryption Interface is now appropriately priced.
  • Two Carbonite Projectors were added to Mika Dorin's inventory. A matter of availability.
  • Fixed descriptions of droid special weapons.
  • Fixed/altered icon of several crystals.
  • Brejik's Arm Band renamed to Brejik's Armband.
  • Sherruk's red saber drop is a green one instead.
  • Baragwin Ion-X Weapon now uses the unused w_IonRfl04.tpc texture. No longer a duplicate.
  • NPC items no longer drop (Boohoo).
  • All swords inside Ajunta Pall's sarcophagus have been revised according to description.
  • Ajunta Pall's Blade renamed to Ajunta Pall's Sword. It shares it's texture with the Notched Steel Sword and the old texture is now used by Echani Ritual Brand.
  • The ancient Vibrosword no longer floats besides the hands when wielded.
  • The spirit of Ajunta Pall is deadlier if you walk the Light Side.
  • Fixed plasma mines to deal Fire damage (Previously dealt Energy damage).
  • A Wookiee Warblade can be found on the village of Rwookrrorro.

If you have any kind of weapon model overhaul installed, please choose the appropriate option during patching.

This mod does not fix the many pricing inconsistencies present on almost all item categories nor does it adress the duplicate (even triplicate) instances of reused textures on weapons.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

KTool..........................................................Fred Tetra
TSLPatcher.....................................................stoffe & Fair Strides
ERFEdit........................................................stoffe & Fair Strides
K-GFF..........................................................TK102

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/12/2021
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

Very glad about this release of yours, TK-664.

Your nitpicking is more than welcome with me. I had myself made similar changes to a few items (namely, changing price for the Bothan visors and reworking the whole Ajunta Pall swords to be consistent with themselves and the quest plot) but I found many other very valid changes there that I incorporated locally into my own modification for personal use.

Just one question: could you elaborate the "NPC items no longer drop" change? 

I could see in the default.ini file that The One no longer drops his weapons but other than that...?

I hope you will find more to nitpick on for future versions! 👌

Hey Salk thanks, I'm glad you appreciate it! I have more coming along, nearly finished, for a second there I thought they would never see the light of day after a scare I got yesterday with some faulty RAM. Why not release your stuff by the way?

20 hours ago, Salk said:

Just one question: could you elaborate the "NPC items no longer drop" change? 

The One and Saul Karath don't drop their module specific weapons anymore, the latter being replaced by the general assassin pistol. Bandon's saber only drops in the Xbox version so I didn't need to do anything there.

• Like 1

Hello again, TK-664.

3 hours ago, TK-664 said:

Why not release your stuff by the way?

Long story short, my "stuff" (😄) is embedded into other people's modifications. Some authors did not give me permission to publish my modpack and no, I can't just release my own part as single modifications.

3 hours ago, TK-664 said:

The One and Saul Karath don't drop their module specific weapons anymore, the latter being replaced by the general assassin pistol.

Oh okay, got it. Your reason for making them undroppable was...? I'm curious...

Looking forward to an update then!

Cheers!

• Like 1

If it's a different take on a concept someone else already made a mod for I guess you've got the green light if you do it all from scratch. For example I was thinking of applying a transparent mask to Ajunta Pall's vanilla appearance for those who want him to look more ghostly but still retain the original dark jedi model, and I would have never thought of it if silveredge and VP hadn't done it before. On this mod alone there have been others before this that changed Ajunta Pall's blades and N-Drew has fixes for the red and sapith crystals. 

2 hours ago, Salk said:

Oh okay, got it. Your reason for making them undroppable was...? I'm curious...

I'm confident I can say those weren't supposed to drop just by taking a look at the labels, tags, properties and all other specific utis present in the same module and how they're used. You also get a feel for BioWare's naming conventions when you've inspected every single .uti in the files :P