JDub96

Compatibility Patch

So, I'm trying to make a compatibility patch between 2 of my must have mods for personal use only. How do I go about it when they both replace .mod files?

EDIT: In case it matters, the mods in question are SotOR and K1CP.

K1CP doesn't replace MODs. No mod should. The entire point of using a MOD is to inject changes for maximum compatibility. I have no idea what SotOR is.

Have you identified any actual hard conflicts? For example, both mods replacing a particular script.

SotOR is Kaidon Jorn's old Sabers of the Old Republic mod. The reason I believe there's a conflict is because, when I run the TSL patcher for SotOR after K1CP it says that the .mod files SotOR would patch already exist and it is skipping those files. Since I value the fixes of K1CP above all, I always run K1CP first. I just want to be sure they both work if I can.

That is normal behavior.

SotOR finds already a .mod in your installation and doesn't copy over its own file. It modifies the existing .mod.

It's something I could fix. Just have my new files be injected into the .mod files.

I didn't know how to do that when I made SotOR, now I do. 

I'll be doing it when I convert all the saber models over to use Crazy34's blades. 

Well,...if he lets me.

16 hours ago, JDub96 said:

I always run K1CP first

Typically this is the correct approach, however there are some exceptions, notably when another does hard MOD overwrites. K1CP's installation instructions explicitly state this:

Generally speaking, this mod should be installed before anything else, except mods that do hard edits/overwrites of 2DA, TLK or MOD (module) files.

The most common culprit is NPC Overhaul, but obviously there are others.

10 hours ago, Kaidon Jorn said:

It's something I could fix. Just have my new files be injected into the .mod files.

I didn't know how to do that when I made SotOR, now I do. 

I'll be doing it when I convert all the saber models over to use Crazy34's blades. 

Well,...if he lets me.

I would appreciate it. I use JC's lightsaber blade effects myself, but having a way to have SotOR inject the files would be an amazing new feature. I'm also trying to figure out how to rig my own .mod injection so I can get Bandon to be using his lightsaber model on the Endar Spire and on Manaan.

EDIT: I also still have a clean version of the SotOR files if you need it. Though I doubt it since you made the mods.