Sign in to follow this  
JDub96

Modding

So... I recently decided to get back into the modding scene and was hoping for some info. I use a number of mods, including K1 Community Patch and SotOR, and was looking for ways to unpack and repack modules so I can edit the inventories of NPCs so the mods all work in tandem. Can anyone give me a refresher on what I need to do it?

5 hours ago, JDub96 said:

So... I recently decided to get back into the modding scene and was hoping for some info. I use a number of mods, including K1 Community Patch and SotOR, and was looking for ways to unpack and repack modules so I can edit the inventories of NPCs so the mods all work in tandem. Can anyone give me a refresher on what I need to do it?

ERFEdit is what you are looking for, but I would suggest taking a look at the Tutorials section as there is some good info in there. As well as browsing the other available modding tools on the site.

I know the Tutorials section would probably be ideal. I was just more hoping for a crash course since I'd be taking existing modified .mods and .uti/.utc files and modding those. I'm trying to also remember what the best tool for modding the .uti/.utc files were. I remember using a tool for Dragon Age that I can't remember the name of.

EDIT: I'm also having a hard time getting ERFEdit to work. I hit the 'Open' option and go into the Modules folder in my directory but the application isn't recognizing any files to open.

24 minutes ago, JDub96 said:

I was just more hoping for a crash course

Excuse the odd distraction around the middle, but there is an hour or so of me going over some of the very basics, as well as other streams of me working on my project.

I'm trying to also remember what the best tool for modding the .uti/.utc files were.

K-GFF Editor is the best for modifying the general feature format filetypes from .dlg, through .utc/.uti/.utp/.are/.git/.ifo and a fair few more

EDIT: I'm also having a hard time getting ERFEdit to work. I hit the 'Open' option and go into the Modules folder in my directory but the application isn't recognizing any files to open.

The vanilla game doesn't come with any .mod files I don't think anyway, you'd have to check to be certain.

Edited by Thor110

Well I know ERFEdit is supposed to let me modify RIM and MOD files. Those are all in the Modules folder in the directory and I've installed all my mods. I just can't seem to get ERFEdit to let me actually do anything.

EDIT: I figured it out. I forgot to change the file it was seeking from .ERF to .RIM.

2 minutes ago, JDub96 said:

Well I know ERFEdit is supposed to let me modify RIM and MOD files. Those are all in the Modules folder in the directory and I've installed all my mods. I just can't seem to get ERFEdit to let me actually do anything.

Have you tried double clicking the rim/mod filetypes and getting those filetypes to be associated with ERFEdit? That is what I did. ( What operating system are you on? )