I have made requests similar to this in the past. My recruit mod, "Recruit Sarna", which provides a  soldier to replace Bastila after her capture, is near complete, I believe, and there are many I will give credit to for assistance. Sith Holocron, SithSpecter, Qui-Gon Glenn, TamerBill, Thor110, LoneWanderer, AmanoJyaku, Effix, N-DReW 25. Sarna, at Level 1, has high dexterity, decent intelligence, wisdom 14. She carries a Mandalorian Blaster and has the feat "Dueling" to allow her to use pistols,  swords, and blades. With all the help, I will release my mod for anyone to use freely. I need assistance with new textures, possibly a slightly modified model, to create the armor I wanted to give Sarna, though I have a .uti file ready, and I hoped to make my mod a voiced mod. I have some voice files for Sarna that fit the limited dialogue she has, but these work only for two or three lines. If anyone could help with these things, voicing lines or creating new textures, contact me for more detail.

20210607013730_1.jpg.25f833b9fb28edfef2486cde6a51440d.jpg

• Like 3

Is she trainable as a Jedi? If not, the Wisdom attribute is a waste.

Also, how likely is she to get to level 20 if you obtain her at level 1 so late in the game?

1 hour ago, AmanoJyaku said:

Also, how likely is she to get to level 20 if you obtain her at level 1 so late in the game?

Party members gain 80% of the player XP. Wisdom increases will. Such items as the Neural Band do this. Will stops Force attacks. The party version of Sarna is a soldier.

1 hour ago, AmanoJyaku said:

It’s a roleplaying game, if she acts wise she should have Wisdom. NPCs aren’t made with point-buy anyway, there’s nothing to waste.

• Light Side Points 1

Just write here what you have in mind for the texture, perhaps there's something I can assist with. I don't do model changes, though.

• Light Side Points 1

1 hour ago, Neville said:

Party members gain 80% of the player XP. Wisdom increases will. Such items as the Neural Band do this. Will stops Force attacks. The party version of Sarna is a soldier.

So, if you were level 20 when you added her she could be leveled up to 17 immediately?

On 6/7/2021 at 4:26 PM, Effix said:

Just write here what you have in mind for the texture, perhaps there's something I can assist with. I don't do model changes, though.

I actually tried to create a model. It is difficult to explain, but I hoped to create textures for the Sith uniform that had elements of Republic uniforms to create the appearance of older Republic armor. The coat would work, though it would have to be given new, mostly red textures, and the black shoulder strap (I believe the shoulder strap is part of the texture) would not be present. The Republic officer uniform makes the wearer look fat, but the black collar, yellow neck textures, and the shoulder pad textures could be applied. Textures of the Republic soldier uniform, these including the wider red plates, which would be just simply merged, black sides, black sleeves, red and black gauntlets/gloves, and the red and black textures on the legs could be applied. Brown and silver, like that of other Republic armor, would have to be applied on the belt, possibly gloss red boots. Game textures for models that bear resemblance to this armor use flat red with gloss black boots, I believe to distinguish between the uniform and the boots. I believe what I described would look something like the armor I planned for Sarna. My backstory for Sarna having this armor is that Tatooine lacked Republic military equipment. I am uploading images that may help. Some are from my own tests. Contact me if there is anything you need explained better. My goal was to have something similar to Mandalorian Wars Republic armor.

I have been trying to create a new helmet model with Sith armor, Republic textures, and the Verpine Headband.

MandalorianWarsRepublicTrooper.jpg.0348d1850328f0c13c56cf373c81b55c.jpg

20210507170226_1.jpg.a204437964ec6529115505f090366d82.jpg

20210603022901_1.jpg

On 6/7/2021 at 5:47 PM, AmanoJyaku said:

So, if you were level 20 when you added her she could be leveled up to 17 immediately?

16 or 17, depending on your total experience.

20210507163156_1.jpg

20210513162228_1.jpg.1de5a412a9a9f1d4c9ec202dcbec71bd.jpg20210605031127_2.jpg

20210507133811_1.jpg

I am having some problems. My script for add_sarna works, but bye_sarna will prevent you from recruiting her. When she joins the party, her armor does not appear equipped and her portrait image keeps reverting to line 13 (po_pt3m3). Masks do not appear on her head. Currently, if she is recruited, she appears in underclothes. At this time, basic clothing gives her a standard uniform. I tried to use SithSpecter's method of applying armor that matched the wearer's base clothing, but the armor I created, which the retextured model would be used for, a very light armor with protection against cold and mind-affecting, which I named Republic Assault Armor, failed to appear on her.

20210608233254_1.jpg.0735fadafbeaca1e1f4c5e6a1944041e.jpg

20210609030137_1.jpg

6 hours ago, Neville said:

My script for add_sarna works, but bye_sarna will prevent you from recruiting her. When she joins the party, her armor does not appear equipped

"add_sarna" is the script to recruit the recruitable NPC into your party, and "bye_sarna" is the script which deletes the generic NPC on Tatooine (which is the NPC that you talk to to recruit Sarna in the first place, correct?)

So what you are saying is that the script "bye_sarna" prevents you from recruiting Sarna, thus meaning "bye_sarna" breaks "add_sarna" as "add_sarna" is the script which recruits her.

But at the same time, you mention about when she does join the party. Has the "bye_sarna" problem been resolved or did you remove "bye_sarna" for the sake of testing the utc?

When she joins the party, her armor does not appear equipped

If by "Armor" you mean an actual Armor item like Combat Suit, Military suit or Heavy Battle Armor, then Sarna will require either the "Light Armor Proficiency", "Medium Armor Proficiency" and/or "Heavy Armor Proficiency" feats. Without those three feats, any Armor equipped will be unequipped as she doesn't have the "Proficiency" to wear the item.

And don't be an idiot when it comes to Armor items and proficiencies, if your item is a Heavy Armor Sarna will need Light, Medium and Heavy feats as that is the tier in which Armor feats go. Do NOT give her Heavy Armor proficiency and leave it at that.

If Sarna wears Light Armor like a combat suit for example, just give her the Light Armor Feat.

her portrait image keeps reverting to line 13 (po_pt3m3).

Did you make sure to have added her portrait to the Portraits.2da file? Did you make sure to have set the Portrait to the Sarna portrait in Sarna's utc file?

If you couldn't set it Sarna's portrait in her utc file, did you open Sarna's utc file in K-GFF and manually set the "PortraitID" to the number value of your new Sarna Portrait you put into the Portraits.2da in order for Sarna's portrait to appear in-game?

Masks do not appear on her head.

That is because she is using a generic commoner head.

In K1, only the player characters and party members have the ability to wear masks whilst every other NPC's mask is invisible.

To make Sarna wear a mask, you'll have to extract her head MDL and MDX files, open them with MDLEdit, convert the MDL into an ASCII file, open the ASCII file via note pad and implement the "Mask Hook Coding" found within the player/party heads into the appropriate places in the ASCII

Once done you'll save your ASCII edit, open the ASCII in MDLEdit once again and convert the ASCII back into an MDL file, one that is done you can finally place Sarna's head model into the Override and her head will have visible Masks.

Currently, if she is recruited, she appears in underclothes.

If she was wearing an Armor without a proficiency feat that the Armor requires, the Armor is added to the player inventory and as such Sarna will be left in her underclothes as you've witnessed.

Basic clothing gives her a uniform.

20210608233254_1.jpg.0735fadafbeaca1e1f4c5e6a1944041e.jpg

You yourself made it so that Sarna's clothing is Republic Soldier uniform, didn't you intend for that to happen?

If I may ask, why did you give Sarna the Sith lady a Republic uniform??

About the previous post you sent this thread, I can understand why the following images where shared with us as they are relevant to the post.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:50 AM, Neville said:

Spoiler

MandalorianWarsRepublicTrooper.jpg.0348d1850328f0c13c56cf373c81b55c.jpg

20210507170226_1.jpg.a204437964ec6529115505f090366d82.jpg

20210507163156_1.jpg

Carth_Onasi_Republic_Navy_officers.jpg

20210507133811_1.jpg

But how exactly are these following images relevant to the Recruit Sarna mod?

On 6/8/2021 at 7:50 AM, Neville said:

20210606033028_2.jpg

20210603022901_1.jpg

20210513162228_1.jpg.1de5a412a9a9f1d4c9ec202dcbec71bd.jpg

20210605031127_2.jpg

On 6/9/2021 at 7:24 AM, N-DReW25 said:

"add_sarna" is the script to recruit the recruitable NPC into your party, and "bye_sarna" is the script which deletes the generic NPC on Tatooine (which is the NPC that you talk to to recruit Sarna in the first place, correct?)

So what you are saying is that the script "bye_sarna" prevents you from recruiting Sarna, thus meaning "bye_sarna" breaks "add_sarna" as "add_sarna" is the script which recruits her.

But at the same time, you mention about when she does join the party. Has the "bye_sarna" problem been resolved or did you remove "bye_sarna" for the sake of testing the utc?

If by "Armor" you mean an actual Armor item like Combat Suit, Military suit or Heavy Battle Armor, then Sarna will require either the "Light Armor Proficiency", "Medium Armor Proficiency" and/or "Heavy Armor Proficiency" feats. Without those three feats, any Armor equipped will be unequipped as she doesn't have the "Proficiency" to wear the item.

And don't be an idiot when it comes to Armor items and proficiencies, if your item is a Heavy Armor Sarna will need Light, Medium and Heavy feats as that is the tier in which Armor feats go. Do NOT give her Heavy Armor proficiency and leave it at that.

If Sarna wears Light Armor like a combat suit for example, just give her the Light Armor Feat.

Did you make sure to have added her portrait to the Portraits.2da file? Did you make sure to have set the Portrait to the Sarna portrait in Sarna's utc file?

If you couldn't set it Sarna's portrait in her utc file, did you open Sarna's utc file in K-GFF and manually set the "PortraitID" to the number value of your new Sarna Portrait you put into the Portraits.2da in order for Sarna's portrait to appear in-game?

That is because she is using a generic commoner head.

In K1, only the player characters and party members have the ability to wear masks whilst every other NPC's mask is invisible.

To make Sarna wear a mask, you'll have to extract her head MDL and MDX files, open them with MDLEdit, convert the MDL into an ASCII file, open the ASCII file via note pad and implement the "Mask Hook Coding" found within the player/party heads into the appropriate places in the ASCII

Once done you'll save your ASCII edit, open the ASCII in MDLEdit once again and convert the ASCII back into an MDL file, one that is done you can finally place Sarna's head model into the Override and her head will have visible Masks.

If she was wearing an Armor without a proficiency feat that the Armor requires, the Armor is added to the player inventory and as such Sarna will be left in her underclothes as you've witnessed.

You yourself made it so that Sarna's clothing is Republic Soldier uniform, didn't you intend for that to happen?

If I may ask, why did you give Sarna the Sith lady a Republic uniform??

About the previous post you sent this thread, I can understand why the following images where shared with us as they are relevant to the post.

But how exactly are these following images relevant to the Recruit Sarna mod?

I temporarily removed "bye_sarna" from dialogue due to the character disappearing without being recruited. I was checking a mod by SithSpecter to create new armor. Her armor should be wearable by any party member, and it should match base clothing. In her original dialogue, Sarna can state "If I could just find some other way to earn some credits I could give this lousy job up. Retire my uniform, so to speak.". In dialogue I created, Sarna can state "I'm not with the Sith anymore. Not after they nearly killed me. I was lucky to get off Taris. Do you know how hard it is to fly a Sith fighter?" In another line of dialogue, she will state, "You might like to know, the Republic allowed me to enlist. Do you need my help?". The Republic gave her an older uniform. I assigned the standard Republic uniform as a temporary model. Her helmet will be similar to that seen on Sith armor. I hoped images would make similarities in uniforms/armor types easier to notice. I gave Sarna these feats:

Armor Proficiency: Heavy
Armor Proficiency: Light
Armor Proficiency: Medium
Power Attack
Power Blast
Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Pistol
Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Rifle
Weapon Proficiency: Heavy Weapons
Weapon Proficiency: Melee Weapons
Dueling

I recently downloaded K-GFF Editor to try to edit the template file, "p_sarna.utc". I was able to assign the portrait image, but I am unsure how to use it to make the armor, Damage Resistance Cold -25, Immunity Mind-Affecting, work with Sarna. In "baseitems.2da", I added 2 under "baseac"  and 8 under "dexbonus". I may have to wait for the retextured uniform and make it modified base clothing.

I used MDLOPS6 with other models to create an ASCII model for GMax, but when I tried to use it to edit the text of the ASCII model of "comm_w_f", the head was moved off the body. I tried MDLEdit, but the program cannot seem to find difference between head models.

20210608232938_1.jpg

On 6/7/2021 at 11:50 PM, Neville said:

20210507163156_1.jpg

I guess I'm getting old... I feel like your posts are a bit of a bombardment.
Anyway, I can't see the full body here, but it looks like what you want is in this screenshot? Or part of what you want?
I'm currently replaying KotOR but I can't tell if this was your own texture work. If so then I'm sure you can tweak it some more to look more like that SWTOR artwork from that Galactic History entry.

• Like 4

On 6/10/2021 at 5:19 PM, Effix said:

I guess I'm getting old... I feel like your posts are a bit of a bombardment.
Anyway, I can't see the full body here, but it looks like what you want is in this screenshot? Or part of what you want?
I'm currently replaying KotOR but I can't tell if this was your own texture work. If so then I'm sure you can tweak it some more to look more like that SWTOR artwork from that Galactic History entry.

I think the Sith Commoner Female Uniform model, N_SithComF, would work, especially the coat, the shoulder pads, the style of the belt, and the style of the boots. Most Republic military in the game are male, but there are female textures. Most neck, collar, chest, and shoulder pad textures would come from the Female Republic Officer texture. The texture is N_RepOff_F01. The color textures for the Republic Officer belt would also work. Sleeves, gauntlets, most of the body, gloves, and legs would have the Female Republic Soldier texture, N_RepSold_F01. The boots could be given gloss red textures, possibly from the Red Sith Soldier armor, N_SithSoldier02. My hope was, in using Republic textures on the Sith uniform model as I described, you could get armor similar to that of armor from the Mandalorian Wars in the illustration at the bottom. I can send the textures.

20210507170226_1.jpg.42ace156c0305c13037e94e2dc478b79.jpg

Sith Uniform

20210610184442_1.jpg.e33e3c011cb32ff98fa87a76bbbe0778.jpg

Republic Officer Uniform

20210507133811_1.jpg.0305a4cfb2123606f87d18db9d769ada.jpg

Republic Soldier Uniform

MandalorianWarsRepublicTrooper.jpg.63e346283571d972ca6514e4f91f5f37.jpg

Mandalorian Wars Republic Armor

I believe, as stated above, the uniform should be based on the Sith Uniform model, with textures from other uniforms. I have attached the largest textures I could find. They should be used to replace much of the Sith Uniform texture included according to my description. The largest Female Republic Soldier texture is smaller than the others, but can be enlarged in GIMP. I have managed to get Sarna's armor, which is her basic clothing, to have the properties I planned.

20210612030700_1.jpg.bac0adae35067c35a517c27a1dab56ae.jpg

Textures.ZIP

I may have to create a new entry in "heads.2da" to avoid Sarna's head model interfering with such characters as Selven.

1 minute ago, Neville said:

I may have to create a new entry in "heads.2da" to avoid Sarna's head model interfering with such characters as Selven.

Edit your previous posts in future perhaps? Especially seeing as you have had so much flak for spamming already.

Perhaps you ought to properly fill out your initial messages with your project details all tied up into one post?

I know myself early on I did similar and had information all across my topic in varying posts by myself, but I tried to consolidate it into the initial message as well as that it makes it easier for others to follow.

Also you really are stating the obvious here, you were actually told this the other day by another user...

All you have to do is...

Add New Entry, Copy existing Row to new Row, then alter as necessary.

Literally a seconds worth of work and you made a post about it.

21 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

Edit your previous posts in future perhaps? Especially seeing as you have had so much flak for spamming already.

Perhaps you ought to properly fill out your initial messages with your project details all tied up into one post?

I know myself early on I did similar and had information all across my topic in varying posts by myself, but I tried to consolidate it into the initial message as well as that it makes it easier for others to follow.

Also you really are stating the obvious here, you were actually told this the other day by another user...

All you have to do is...

Add New Entry, Copy existing Row to new Row, then alter as necessary.

Literally a seconds worth of work and you made a post about it.

It was an update regarding my modelling work. I have had to go into NWMAX/GMAX to place a mask hook and a goggle hook. I was told the head model was used by other characters. I know it is used by Sarna, a Tarisian noble, Selven, Jedi on Dantooine, and a Sith officer on Manaan in KotOR. I have not had success with creating a helmet model to match the ones in my posts. A different helmet should be the last model I need.

2 minutes ago, Neville said:

It was an update regarding my modelling work. I have had to go into NWMAX/GMAX to place a mask hook and a goggle hook. I was told the head model was used by other characters. I know it is used by Sarna, a Tarisian noble, and Selven in KotOR. I have not had success with creating a helmet model to match the ones in my posts. A different helmet should be the last model I need.

Yes, but you can edit your updates into previous posts as opposed to bumping them, otherwise your topic will end up nothing but posts by you and nobody is going to want to follow a thread written entirely or for the most part by one person.

For example, I have countless updates for my project that I could post in my WIP topic, but I don't bump it unless there is really important information, such as a new patch, release or major bug fixes.

Adding a row to a chart does not constitute an update regarding your modelling work.

28 minutes ago, Neville said:

If the above message constitutes an update regarding your modelling work, then I must be blind.

Look, it certainly sounds like you are slowly getting there, so keep it up.

But if I updated my topic everytime I altered a 2DA file, I would be posting every five minutes.

21 hours ago, Thor110 said:

Look, it certainly sounds like you are slowly getting there, so keep it up.

I know you use different modeling tools (I have MDLOPS0.6, NWMAX 0.7 and GMAX), but I merged the mask and goggle hooks from an imported ASCII model of PFHC01 with an imported ASCII model of COMM_W_F for Sarna. I changed the name/Aurora Base for original format with MDLOPS 0.6 to P_SarnaH and I labeled the exported ASCII file P_SarnaH-ASCII . I checked the ASCII model code, but the hooks were not present. This has happened with multiple attempts. Do you know what could be the cause?

56 minutes ago, Neville said:

I know you use different modeling tools (I have MDLOPS0.6, NWMAX 0.7 and GMAX), but I merged the mask and goggle hooks from an imported ASCII model of PFHC01 with an imported ASCII model of COMM_W_F for Sarna. I changed the name/Aurora Base for original format with MDLOPS 0.6 to P_SarnaH and I labeled the exported ASCII file P_SarnaH-ASCII . I checked the ASCII model code, but the hooks were not present. This has happened with multiple attempts. Do you know what could be the cause?

I have absolutely no idea as I don't do 3D modelling for the game, at least not yet. The most I have done is some simple edits and I messed them up myself lol

• Like 1

I will keep trying while I wait for Sarna's uniform textures from Effix. Head models are more complex than helmet models I  have worked with. I thought I fixed the problem of the hooks with ASCII editing, but tests, with the modified head model in line 107 of heads.2da, made my game crash. I do not know why GMAX/NWMAX, though they recognized hooks in my edited ASCII model, will not export the merged hooks with the rest of the head by themselves. I need help.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:59 AM, Neville said:

I think the Sith Commoner Female Uniform model, N_SithComF, would work, especially the coat, the shoulder pads, the style of the belt, and the style of the boots. Most Republic military in the game are male, but there are female textures. Most neck, collar, chest, and shoulder pad textures would come from the Female Republic Officer texture. The texture is N_RepOff_F01. The color textures for the Republic Officer belt would also work. Sleeves, gauntlets, most of the body, gloves, and legs would have the Female Republic Soldier texture, N_RepSold_F01. The boots could be given gloss red textures, possibly from the Red Sith Soldier armor, N_SithSoldier02. My hope was, in using Republic textures on the Sith uniform model as I described, you could get armor similar to that of armor from the Mandalorian Wars in the illustration at the bottom. I can send the textures.

You can't really benefit much from the existing Republic textures when trying to transform the Sith uniform, the texture layouts are completely different. You can transform/rotate parts but that destroys the quality. You'd probably be better off just creating something from scratch and using those textured models as inspiration. But for me that's too much work and it's not something either of us want to do.
So, how about this?

qIqBLT3.png

(screenshot from the model viewer, will look better in game)

P_SarnaB01.tga

• Light Side Points 2

9 hours ago, Effix said:

You can't really benefit much from the existing Republic textures when trying to transform the Sith uniform, the texture layouts are completely different. You can transform/rotate parts but that destroys the quality. You'd probably be better off just creating something from scratch and using those textured models as inspiration. But for me that's too much work and it's not something either of us want to do.
So, how about this?

qIqBLT3.png

P_SarnaB01.tga 1 MB · 0 downloads

I was aware that Republic textures would have to be heavily modified for the Sith Uniform, but I could not even locate the boots on the Sith Soldier Armor texture. I have only merged TSF textures and Republic textures, which use the same body. I tried to  merge models. I recognized the gloves and gauntlets of the Sith Uniform were part of the texture, similar to Republic Soldier Armor and Commoner Female Clothing, though the gauntlets/gloves on these are smaller than those on the Republic Officer Uniform. It looks like you altered the textures for the Republic Officer Uniform. While I dislike the fact that the coat of the Republic Officer Uniform makes the wearer appear somewhat fat, and the boots lack knee flaps, it appears to have similarities to what I had hoped for, and I thank you for your work. This is how Sarna's base armor appears with your texture.

20210616175029_1.jpg.958fd2258028122b4c43179f6baa1d02.jpg

I do not mean to sound ungrateful, but can you show me what the textures I specified would look like on the Sith Uniform model? Even Admiral Dodonna's texture looks different. With this texture, though, I am still attempting to create a helmet, correct script, and find someone who can provide voice.

22 hours ago, Neville said:

I do not mean to sound ungrateful, but can you show me what the textures I specified would look like on the Sith Uniform model? Even Admiral Dodonna's texture looks different. With this texture, though, I am still attempting to create a helmet, correct script, and find someone who can provide voice.

CPHv6vC.png

I guess you didn't understand what I wrote above.
This is the texture that you largely had in mind, that I edited, applied to the female Sith model.
It's fine if you want to keep looking for something else, take it or leave it.

• Haha 1

RAHelmet.thumb.jpg.f405d48cff4d5f96e136a144532bf1f1.jpg

On 6/17/2021 at 2:02 PM, Effix said:

I guess you didn't understand what I wrote above.
This is the texture that you largely had in mind, that I edited, applied to the female Sith model.
It's fine if you want to keep looking for something else, take it or leave it.

I see. Again, thank you for your retexture of the Republic Officer uniform. For now, the texture you created is the closest I have seen to the armor I was looking for, though I still hope someone can place Republic textures on the Sith uniform texture. I am making some progress on a matching helmet. I applied textures from a Republic Uniform to a helmet from the Sith Commando model from TSL, though I am having trouble with my tools. They would not load the War Droid model, which I thought could be modified. Working with SithSpecter, I found the TSF helmet simply had to be pulled from the head. I believe I need help with the new helmet, especially raising the front above eye level and adding an orange visor. I had hoped I would be able to create the visor with new textures applied to the Verpine Headband model, this merged with the rest of the helmet.