Sign in to follow this  
Jj117

(Mod Request) Convert Onderon, Dantooine Militia to wear Republic/TSF Soldier armour and helmet

Can someone edit the models so that the Onderon soldiers and Dantooine Militias wear Republic/TSF armour and helmet. The Logic being that since they are under the Republic Government why shouldnt they be issued standard military gears and weapons while retaining their planet's military colour.   Reference in the picture. Thank you.

P.S. i have zero technical skills to edit NPC models and textures so kindly understand that i dont know how to edit them. i just did a copy paste and rename  of Tga files to reskin the Republic soldiers into TSF once and that was it. https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/1119

telos _security_forces.jpg

Edited by Jj117

Changing the militias is a bit more complex, but changing the Onderon soldiers/officers isn't so much.
It's mostly copy pasting values in appearance.2da (which you can edit with KotOR Tool).

For example:
row 355, label Republic_Soldier_Mal_w_Helmet, normalhead: 58, modela: N_RepSold, texa: N_RepSold
row 607, label Onderon_Soldier_Mal_Masked, normalhead: 146, modela: N_OndSoldM1, texa: N_OndSoldM1
Leave the row and label intact, copy the rest of the values above from the Republic soldier to the Onderon Soldier.

There's only one Republic Soldier with a helmet (there's the female one but there's no female Onderon soldiers), so if you replace the few variations of Onderon soldiers + officers with helmet guy it will be Iziz: Attack of the Clones 🙃

Edit: I'm adding a text export that could help anyone who is up for doing this
switcheroo. I'm not myself, sorry.

appearance.2da.txt

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Effix said:

Changing the militias is a bit more complex, but changing the Onderon soldiers/officers isn't so much.
It's mostly copy pasting values in appearance.2da (which you can edit with KotOR Tool).

For example:
row 355, label Republic_Soldier_Mal_w_Helmet, normalhead: 58, modela: N_RepSold, texa: N_RepSold
row 607, label Onderon_Soldier_Mal_Masked, normalhead: 146, modela: N_OndSoldM1, texa: N_OndSoldM1
Leave the row and label intact, copy the rest of the values above from the Republic soldier to the Onderon Soldier.

There's only one Republic Soldier with a helmet (there's the female one but there's no female Onderon soldiers), so if you replace the few variations of Onderon soldiers + officers with helmet guy it will be Iziz: Attack of the Clones 🙃

Edit: I'm adding a text export that could help anyone who is up for doing this
switcheroo. I'm not myself, sorry.

appearance.2da.txt 3.16 kB · 1 download

Thank you let me try this for myself. 

12 minutes ago, Jj117 said:

Thank you let me try this for myself. 

Heh, see! You thought of a quicker way than I did, I don't know why I didn't think of just replacing the 2DA lines themselves instead of the number in the .utc's, I think it's because for my project I intend to keep every appearance in both games if possible, so I sort of skipped over the obvious solution! You should be done in no time! :D

• Thanks 1