3 hours ago, 18thegamer said:

Ok, thats hard. I know one or 2 Modders, maybe I can ask them, if they could help you...

Thank you! Any help would be amazing.

Right now I think I have fully fleshed out what I want to do, I just need to finalize all the pieces and then start working to understand TSLpatcher.

Alright! I have an alpha version of this all together with TSLpatcher.

Anyone interested in testing this out?

Sent:

ebmar [1/16/2022]

StellarExile [1/16/2022]

N-DReW25 [1/16/2022]

1 hour ago, Masamune753 said:

Anyone interested in testing this out?

Wish I could test the content but I don't really have the time for that, but I'm interested in checking the [patcher] setup [for you] if you don't mind -- particularly before someone do the play-test.

P.S. also having issue with letterbox-scaling on my end as running the game at 1366x768 so, that's another reason I can't do the test as well.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 10:09 PM, Masamune753 said:

Thank you! Any help would be amazing.

Right now I think I have fully fleshed out what I want to do, I just need to finalize all the pieces and then start working to understand TSLpatcher.

The first modder answered: He is not experienced with Kotor or scripting, sadly

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2022 at 3:41 AM, 18thegamer said:

The first modder answered: He is not experienced with Kotor or scripting, sadly

No problem, thank you for looking into it.

Big shout out and thank you to @ebmar for looking over the project and helping me clean up the change.ini file after using KotorTool and DLGedit.

In terms of updates, I was almost finished when I realized that T3-M4 was too much of an omission from this project. The concept I am currently testing:

Spoiler

T3-M4:

• A Computer Use challenge that unlocks T3-M4 as a mobile upgrade bench (in addition to the standard level up everyone else is getting).
  • Because of the mechanism I am using to level up characters (matching them to the PC), I will need to make sure the PC has already multi-classed into Jedi so T3 won't be the only character (besides Bastila) that falls behind.

As a general callout, while I have included HK-47, T3-M4, Jolee, and Juhani over my original plans, I do not intend to make a sidequest reward for Bastila. She is the only character whose storyline is fully immersed into the overall gameplay and player choices, so in my opinion she doesn't need alteration.

Edit: Successfully implemented my idea for T3-M4. Just need to package everything up.

• Like 1

Does anyone know why, and a way around, not being able to add new entries/replies at the end of the Xor dialog? No matter what I do, whether the new entries/replies are before or after the final moments, they aren't shown. This is true of both the LS and DS path.

Besides this issue, every other character has been tested and confirmed to work on my current build.

A DLG will always initiate the first available branch. The way a vanilla DLG is ordered is that early branches all have starting conditionals, which allows the engine to fall through them until it reaches one with a valid condition. Failing that, it reaches the final branch which doesn't have any starting conditional. If you add new branches under this branch (typically Entry 0), they will never fire. You need to move your added branches higher up the tree and give them an appropriate starting conditional so they only fire under the correct circumstances. This may require the addition of new globals, depending on what exactly it is you are trying to do.

4 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

A DLG will always initiate the first available branch. The way a vanilla DLG is ordered is that early branches all have starting conditionals, which allows the engine to fall through them until it reaches one with a valid condition. Failing that, it reaches the final branch which doesn't have any starting conditional. If you add new branches under this branch (typically Entry 0), they will never fire. You need to move your added branches higher up the tree and give them an appropriate starting conditional so they only fire under the correct circumstances. This may require the addition of new globals, depending on what exactly it is you are trying to do.

Interesting. That all makes sense, I guess what feels strange is that Xor's dialog seems to act differently than the dialog files I have edited for the rest of the party.

My edits are to already existing branches the game should be already moving through. Instead of hitting the next node (one I added) it just ends the dialog. If I try and add a node earlier in the middle of the branch, that node gets skipped.

Overall, my goal is to flag an alignment shift in-dialog the way they are normally presented in-game.

Thanks to everyone's help in this thread! I finished and tested this last night, everything looks good.

I submitted the full mod, so just waiting on approval for it to be available 🤓