Sign in to follow this  
JediPorg12

Modifying KotOR 1 Enemies

I've decided to pick up my previous project again now that I'm freer, and wanted to modify the enemies to work with my intended player and party buffs. I don't think directly modifying the utc files would work, right?

7 hours ago, JediPorg12 said:

I've decided to pick up my previous project again now that I'm freer, and wanted to modify the enemies to work with my intended player and party buffs. I don't think directly modifying the utc files would work, right?

I am not familiar with your intended player/party buffs, but I would imagine you will need to modify the k_ai_master script.

If your buff is a force power, you could give to them in the .uti's.

17 hours ago, Thor110 said:

I am not familiar with your intended player/party buffs, but I would imagine you will need to modify the k_ai_master script.

If your buff is a force power, you could give to them in the .uti's.

I'm planning on rebalancing, mostly buffing, the classes and party member's stats and equipment and stuff. But the game is already pretty easy, hence I wanted to buff the enemies to go along with it. Could I just modify the enemy utcs and call it a day, or would I need to rip em out from each module, buff them, and compile the module again?

59 minutes ago, JediPorg12 said:

I'm planning on rebalancing, mostly buffing, the classes and party member's stats and equipment and stuff. But the game is already pretty easy, hence I wanted to buff the enemies to go along with it. Could I just modify the enemy utcs and call it a day, or would I need to rip em out from each module, buff them, and compile the module again?

Provided .utc names aren't reused anywhere along the line yes, but I would imagine some are.

So you might end up with a few odd results here and there, but for the most part yes you should be able to extract all the .utcs from each module and drop them into the override, along the way you will also notice if there are any filename conflicts and which modules you might need to recompile. ( use ERFEditor instead of KotOR Tool ) it's easier to open the modules, drop/replace and save as opposed to having to rebuild the module using KotOR Tool.