seedhartha

Speech Synthesis using NVIDIA Flowtron

Hello,

I have recently discovered this video, which got me interested in a field of speech synthesis. I have researched this subject and, as it turns out, today technology is quite capable of producing semi-realistic speech, which, I believe, is more than good enough for modders to do voice-overs. I was able to replicate results shown in this video, and while at it, made some Python scripts and sort of a guide on how to train a model on Bastila's (or any other character's) voice. Here's the link:

https://github.com/seedhartha/reone/wiki/TTS-Research

Training an AI model is a tedious and error-prone process, but this step can be avoided altogether if you use a pre-trained model. I'm not sure I want to make my models public due to legal concerns, but contact me if you're interested in the topic (i.e. you need a voice-over for your mod), and we can work something out.

• Thanks 1

I believe @lachjames is also working on speech synthesis.  Perhaps you should discuss the matter in a PM?

At the very least you can ask him to share all of the files that I sent him so you have extra material to train your models,

5 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

I believe @lachjames is also working on speech synthesis.  Perhaps you should discuss the matter in a PM?

At the very least you can ask him to share all of the files that I sent him so you have extra material to train your models,

Yes, we are in close contact with @lachjames on the matter. I'm curious, what are these extra materials you're talking about? My primary source is TLK and DLG files, and I have sufficient tooling to extract this data.

• Like 1

To give you an idea, here's what I managed so far. This really isn't the best example, and @lachjames got a lot further than that. These models were both trained for 10,000 iterations (around 1 hour of fine-tuning, after which the validation loss plateaus) using a method I described on my wiki page.

Just to make it perfectly clear, this is not the project I'm actively working on, but rather a discovery I wanted to share, and a guide on how to get similar results.

atton_as_canderous.mp3 bastila_as_kreia.mp3

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

My phone is somehow missing the codec required to listen to this. Regardless, interesting this is.