Sign in to follow this  
Guest milestails

Favorite Star Wars Film

1. Empire Strikes Back - I guess why has been said before enough. If Episode 8 will be as good as it sounds it will replace ESRB.

2. A New Hope - Only the sequel beats the original 

3. Return of the Jedi - A lot of lost potential but still pretty good

4. The Force Awakens - JJ Abrams played it safe with this one and I can get why. Still a good setup for the new Trillogy. Also the first Star Wars movie I saw in a Cinema so it's special to me.

5. Rogue One - I liked the darker tone and blurred morals. The reshoots are sometimes too obvious tho. 

6. Revenge of the Sith - Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it birthed some nice memes

7. Phantom Menace -  At least it doesn't have Hayden Christiansan ?

8. Attack of the Clones -  I hate sand.

Star Wars : The Holiday Special is my absolute FAVOURITE Star Wars movie by far ;). I didn't enjoy The Force Awakens and Rogue One - A Star Wars Story stole the tale of Kyle Katarn and rewrote it (and yes I know his story isn't cannon).

• Like 1

Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars A New Hope

Star Wars Return Of The Jedi

Star Wars The Force Awakens

Star Wars The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith

Star Wars Attack Of The Clones

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - uh

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - the best of the verb of the noun trilogy

Star Wars: A New Hope - the first shot of the Death Star is iconic

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - more lightsaber fights =/= better

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - lackluster

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones - I wish Hayden Christensen wasn't given such terrible lines

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Liam Neeson were the only good things about this

• Like 1

Favorite: Empire Strikes Back

It's the pitched romance, the gloriously angsty color palette, the iconic lines, the pervasive gloom of it all, and, most of all, the MUSIC. Although RotJ's music is equally emotionally important to me, ESB introduced some of the greatest themes known to man, and includes my favorite one-off piece in the entire John Williams canon, The Asteroid Field.

Least Favorite: Revenge of the Sith

The prequels are so hard to rate, since they all have a few great moments slipped into their overall ridiculous terribleness, but RotS definitely has the most laugh-out-loud I-can't-believe-they-thought-this-wouldn't-be-absurd idiotic moments. Palpatine's Jedi murder spree is awesome, but then ten minutes later Anakin is killing younglings offscreen with absolutely no ethical or emotional struggle. The Anakin-Padme sad-music-across-Coruscant scene is pretty great, but then twenty minutes later Anakin says "If you're not with me, you are my enemy." I know it's impossible to know what will work onscreen and what won't, but the sheer number of obvious flubs in this movie is just astounding.

Also - officially the best thread resurrection of all time:

Here is my order:

1. Revenge of The Sith

Reasons: I got a cool apprentice, become the senate, and killed all the jedi. 

2. Empire Strikes Back

Reasons: The Rebellion gets crushed. Good times.

3. Attack of the Clones

Reasons: My army has finally been revealed and I am finally fulfilling my grand master plan.

4. A New Hope

Reason: My poor death star gets destroyed and I lose a lot of my forces. But I destroyed Alderran and claimed my

Death Star losses on my taxes

5. A Phantom Meance

Reasons: My spooky Santan apprentice gets killed and screws up my blockade of Naboo

6. Return of the Jedi

Reasons: I die and my other death star blows up without even blowing up any planets. Stupid Rebels

7. The Force Awakens

Reasons: Snoke is a bad sith lord. Just look at the size of his holograms! He is clearly compensating for something.

8. Rogue One

Reasons: This movie is about how "A New Hope" happened. It's all Vader's fault. 

• Like 3