Sign in to follow this  
HK-47

a wild two factor auth appears

I was browsing around one day, minding my own business. A beautiful day in the forumhood for a stroll. When suddenly a strange page shows up. It looked like this:

250346018_2021-03-1212_02_46-CompleteRegistration-DeadlyStream.thumb.jpg.bfa7146b5d070fd518f5f20dbe017b3c.jpg

My first thought was that something went wrong. Maybe the cache had a conflict, the site had a hiccup, or something. I tried a couple different pages that were in my history, just in case. Yet, each time it was the same. At that point I closed the tab as this "Account Verification" thing was not in a clearly defined or clean "window", nor was it cleanly part of the site page. I'm sure you can imagine my concern that something else was going on. Something that isn't legit from other places.

I'm assuming there was something that happened to cause this, especially since there's always an announcement when something is being changed. But what could it possibly be?

I was concerned there was some sort of Phishing related reason. Strange that it brings up something like this now of all times.

Hm I forced it on for admins but not anyone else, that is strange but you can always click the opt-out link at the bottom of the prompt. Sorry for the hassle!

I personally decided to bite the bullet and just use it even if it did seem a tad out of place / all of a sudden, I half-figured it could have been because you are looking for a new site layout / design.

Though I also worried it could have been dodgy but I figured I would message someone about it, then I forgot. lol woops