• Update 05 // Bar 03: 02/24/2021/AM
    Spoiler

• Update 06 // Island Bar & New Dancer Stage: 03/31/2021/AM
    Spoiler

Stay tune to be updated and/or follow the thread for notifications! 😁

Edited by ebmar
Update 06 // Island Bar & New Dancer Stage

13 hours ago, ebmar said:

More details will follow soon! So stay tune to be updated or you can follow the thread for notifications! 😁

Is this a reskin? Or a new area completely? Either way, looking forward to it! :cheers:

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2021 at 5:17 PM, N-DReW25 said:

Is this a reskin? Or a new area completely?

This is basically a reskin of Javyar's Cantina, where we'll find bullet marks, stain, and broken panels on wall and the floor -- as oppose to the Upper City one that looks more preserved. Though many of its geometry, lighting etc. has been changed. More details below!

On 2/15/2021 at 5:17 PM, N-DReW25 said:

Either way, looking forward to it! :cheers:

Much thanks! :cheers:

K1_LukkasHubLogo_Med.png.aa3cee026b67d782a154643d3132ff09.png

Long-story-short, Iater last year I was in a discussion with @DarthParametric on DS' Discord about creating new module -- an entertainment promenade in K1 to be exact, which players could spend their time doing mini-games, battling characters, monster hunting, enjoying cool tunes and many more [that you'll decide! Why? Will find out about it soon!]. Out of agreement [LOL] I chose Javyar's Cantina as template and go ahead on working on the basis -- some basic modeling, reskin, and to follow -- populating the area with NPCs as well their fancy things.

To make it shorter -- we had agreed and envisioned this to be a modders' resource in the long run, but my plan is to lay the foundations first -- a fully functional module that later can be easily integrate with modders' customized version of it [this where you decide what you want to do!]. So the end product will be a playable module and an empty module with resources. As it stands now the area has been finished about ~80% [that I'm quite happy of]. The only room that haven't fully worked on is the bar/drinking lounge.

Here's some screenshots and details of each rooms --

• Entrance
    Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_SP_Entrance.thumb.jpg.13e97d148445f249e7b7eea21f8c239c.jpg

Entrance to the hub

• Pazaak Lounge
    Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_SP_PazRoom.thumb.jpg.aa77d4fd7beea3883d14462ce0c4dedb.jpg

Pazaak lounge where players can battle through the ranks

• Central Hub
    Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_SP_CenRoom.thumb.jpg.1e7143f2de773b2731842b82eb0190f8.jpg

Every hub have that cool-relaxing spot and I guess this one's mine, lol

• Swoop Lounge
    Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_SP_SwRoom.thumb.jpg.83b2de598fdea8ab8b94fbce03ca3f1e.jpg

Swoop lounge where players can battle through the ranks

• Bar/Drinking Lounge
    Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_SP_BarRoom.thumb.jpg.d2ba155bb0eea7870558d0108cf4c08a.jpg

Will probably need to add some neons to the counter

• Dancer Lounge
    Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_SP_DanRoom.thumb.jpg.2a389c21b3ddcfa15cdcf37393116657.jpg

Might need to change the dancing Twi'leks' neon to something else though -- or just the color?

I guess that's all for now. And if anyone have questions and/or feedbacks feel free to drop one. Cheers!

P.S. this one by far is the most complex mod I've ever attempted [and without DarthParametric's help it wouldn't be at this point, really], and to add to that -- I haven't mod in about 4 months or so, so -- this one might take a while, hahah. 🤪

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

So it's a K1 version of the Scrapyard Games concept?

Pretty much, yes! Was about to mention it on my post but did not at the end. That project was exactly the first one comes in mind when the idea arises. 😁

58 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

What planet will the hub be attached to?

As it stands now... still open for ideas! Hahah. Initially I was thinking about using the unused door at the left side right after the entrance in Yavin Station. Pretty much goes like this --

There's someone at the door, then we're engaged on a conversation which leads use to be invited by them to use their shuttle to the hub by interacting with the door. Then it'll leads us right to the hub's entrance.

But, from a discussion with @DarthParametric just moments ago arises several ideas, and this one I inclined the most --

...find a deactivated astromech in the cargobay or garage and have T3 work on it, eventually it reactivates and you find out about the station. -- DP

That way will get rid of the neediness to transit toward a particular planet just to get on the hub, which is nice. And then to travel to the hub I think we can talk to the droid that will be positioned inside the control room -- that one just before the cockpit, with assumption that they hold the hub's coordinates. Far as I can recall the room has no purpose there, so I guess we can make use of it somehow.

It's jumping the gun a bit to worry too much about landing videos right now. That would be the last thing you'd want to address, once everything else is finalised. But it shouldn't be too difficult to arrange some in-engine animations and then capture those as videos when the time comes.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

It's jumping the gun a bit to worry too much about landing videos right now. That would be the last thing you'd want to address, once everything else is finalised. 

You're entirely correct. Suggestion withdrawn.

2 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

It's jumping the gun a bit to worry too much about landing videos right now. That would be the last thing you'd want to address, once everything else is finalised.

Thanks for the input! Yes, that's what first comes in mind shortly -- always see that kind of elements to be the last and final thing to address.

10 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Has anyone approached you about making one yet?

Nope, far as I can recall this project haven't been in promotion just until yesterday so -- but if anything at one point I'd probably going to learn doing that, quoting DP a moment ago --

...it shouldn't be too difficult to arrange some in-engine animations and then capture those as videos when the time comes.

Fingers-crossed! 🤞😛

43 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

Suggestion withdrawn.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I didn't thought about it not until you suggested that so, I'll take it.

K1_LukkasHubLogo_Sml.png.69109fdb7c5cb143789ebcd48cda7819.png

[Update: 02/18/2021/AM]

Progress made with the bar/drinking lounge. I have added a signage to the counter, as well a touch of comfortness by adding a nice-gritty[?] carpet. The table trims also have been reshaped, and few other stuffs mainly to make this place more compelling, lol --

Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_Bar_Progress_01.thumb.jpg.4e99c63a829166b07562b89bc2860779.jpg

Perhaps the neon behind the signage needs to be axed -- it doesn't mix really well. Will do that later

I'm looking to work on this project pixel-by-pixel on a daily basis. Trying to get my memory back with some stuffs I used to know at the very least, 'cause not modding for months makes me forgot more than what I've learned, lol. Catch you later!

• Like 4

[Update: 02/19/2021/AM]

Here's a quick tour inside the Hub --

My rig's not the pretty one so you might notice a performance drop, but that's from recording the game. Still, there'll be an in-game performance-hit at some parts of the module because it had to load most room simultaneously to make them visible, particularly at the central area. But if you have pretty decent rig I don't think that'd be a problem.

Most [static] textures are around x512 at most, and the animated one can be ~x2048 -- they're all in TPC format. I've tried populating the module and... yeah, the performance drops a little bit more, lol. But still at decent playable-frame-rate I'm certain. I'm creating this with efficiency in mind, so I try to remove any extraneous bits that [I think] could overload the machine -- my machine, lol. Started from removing isolated faces on the model to using reasonable texture resolution.

Progress-wise, I have worked on the bar/drinking lounge -- by adding a mark out walkways as suggested by @DarthParametric on DS' Discord, and few other addition as well. Also in the dancer-lounge you'll notice a fancy-looking dancing Twi'leks' signage, courtesy of @Sith Holocron -- with a little collaboration I did.

That's all for now, and catch you later!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Also in the dancer-lounge you'll notice a fancy-looking dancing Twi'leks' signage, courtesy of @Sith Holocron -- with a little collaboration I did.

Catch you later!

I was just wondering what happened to the coloring and the shape of that texture?  Just so folks can see the original in action . . .

ABFGmdu.gif

• Like 1

Wow,  @ebmar this looks like a very neat project! I am excited to see how it develops. My feedback is that the area in general is a bit too dark, especially in the corners and within the center circle  between the tables and the outer walls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

...wondering what happened to the coloring and the shape of that texture?

Yeah, was trying to pour myself into it also and -- there it goes. 😛

OK, I admit to made mistake particularly by altering the animation. Dang, I shouldn't have changed it, hahah. I'll fiddle with it again later. Thanks for the feedback!

8 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

Just so folks can see the original in action . . .

Now there you see it folks...

1 minute ago, jc2 said:

I am excited to see how it develops.

Cool, and thanks! I'm as excited as you too. 🍻

3 minutes ago, jc2 said:

My feedback is that the area in general is a bit too dark, especially in the corners and within the center circle  between the tables and the outer walls.

Feedback taken! Thank you. I do also think the place need to be brighten, though not sure how much. I'll play with it at some point.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ebmar said:

by adding a mark out walkways

I'd suggest a different colour than the hot pink, since you appear to be using that elsewhere for barriers. Maybe just a slightly yellowish white rather than a super saturated neon.

It also looks like you'll need some custom textures to handle curves/corners/angled sections. The bits where it "steps" look a bit iffy.

• Thanks 1

Now if this hub is supposed to down n' dirty, perhaps a damaged version of the dancer sign is in order.

ywLzKO0.gif

I'd be happy to provide the individual frames to anyone that would like to try their own effects to this.  There's a lot of folks that have Photoshop here (I don't) that can do wonderful things with that program.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

...a slightly yellowish white rather than a super saturated neon.

Will try! Were about to use that colour actually but in doubt, kind of. I use the current one to match with what's in the counter as a reason.

27 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

It also looks like you'll need some custom textures to handle curves/corners/angled sections. The bits where it "steps" look a bit iffy.

Got that noted! I'll try to improve on that part. Thanks for the feedback. 🍻

17 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

Now if this hub is supposed to down n' dirty, perhaps a damaged version of the dancer sign is in order.

Ah, then just near it slaps on a bullet mark/decal on the wall -- perhaps put a backstory behind it? Neat idea!

[Update: 02/21/2021/AM]

Bits of progress with the bar/drinking lounge --

Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_Bar_Progress_02.thumb.jpg.878a25e5942acaf4846e4d45560a8d43.jpg

As suggested by DP I have changed the mark out walkways' colour, and can't be agree more with him -- I do like the new one! As an addition to that I have also changed its pattern, as well readjusting the curves/corners/angled sections. I did pleased with the result, and looking to move to another part which is... hmm, not sure, I can pretty much populating the area now but -- oh! Reshaping all the table trims to match with the bar ones. Anything I'd do in the near future would still cleaning up the place aesthetically anyway.

That's all for this update -- catch you later, and may the Force be with you!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ebmar said:

K1_LukkasHub_Logo_Sm.png.179663021e712af26d91919fab74994e.png

[Update: 02/21/2021/AM]

Bits of progress with the bar/drinking lounge --

Hide contents

K1_WIP_LH_Bar_Progress_02.thumb.jpg.878a25e5942acaf4846e4d45560a8d43.jpg

As suggested by DP I have changed the mark out walkways' colour, and can't be agree more with him -- I do like the new one! As an addition to that I have also changed its pattern, as well readjusting the curves/corners/angled sections. I did pleased with the result, and looking to move to another part which is... hmm, not sure, I can pretty much populating the area now but -- oh! Reshaping all the table trims to match with the bar ones. Anything I'd do in the near future would still cleaning up the place aesthetically anyway.

That's all for this update -- catch you later, and may the Force be with you!

Dang this is looking good! 

• Thanks 1

[Update: 02/24/2021/AM]

Some progress made -- and yet again, still with the bar/drinking lounge, hahah. Guess I got a weird connection with this particular area --

Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_Bar_Progress_03.thumb.jpg.009199e8dabaaf999c00035af2b04c03.jpg

Lately I've been interested in TOR world-design as well being influenced by it, and using some screenshots/footages around I decided to change the table-top to imitate what they did -- more/less. Though not that close, but this one'll do for me. However, I haven't really pleased with the bar/counter one -- guess will have to fiddle more to get the result closer at least with the tables.

Some adjustments as well with the mark-out walkways, not really visible but it's there. The change will also be applied to all the tables in the module, and I'd probably add the mark-out walkways to the other rooms as I really liked the concept. Just hoping I could nailed it right, lol.

That's all for today -- catch you later, and may the Force be with you!

[Update: 03/31/2021/AM]

Just to let you know that the project's not dead -- well, it actually is a couple weeks back since I haven't touched it from when. 😂

Will want to keep it short here. So there's a change of concept to most -if not all- of the room. The central area that was planned to have fountains will be replaced by a field-sized lounge that has an island bar at the center --

Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_IslandBar_Preview_01.thumb.jpg.401373ad752011415615e02095a1f943.jpg

The idea comes from @DarthParametric originally, and with thorough discussions as well of careful considering -- can say that this one's final [conceptually]. 🤞

Also with his generous help we can finally get a beautiful TOR-ported-own-modification island bar at the center there.

There are changes follows with the then drinking-lounge/bar, so it is now will be a *cough* stripper-stage --

Spoiler

K1_WIP_LH_StripStage_Preview_01.thumb.jpg.766ffb861b0d4bebea0a446a63b9183c.jpg

You can see there as well a new-sleek-table-lip again made by DP, to help Pazaakers or drinkers or whoever they will be to comfortably keep their hands on the table. There are also lightbeams from the lamp that we get the idea from Kashyyyk's to make this sleazy-dirty place prettier [and make some senses]. There are couple of changes made but I forgot which, but for sure they're an improvement from the former.

Will get back to you soon with another update -- one with significant progress, hopefully. Cheers.

That's all for today -- catch you later, and may the Force be with you!

• Like 4