Kaidon Jorn

Problem using replacer function MDLOps 1.0

So I've been trying forever to remember how to switch models on any given lightsaber and I know I'm doing this correctly but there is a problem...

I'm trying to switch a model that Crazy34 sent me that has his new 3D blade core model and ambient lighting effect with another hilt model of mine ( blue default replacement hilt ). 

I get this...

mdlops_problems.thumb.jpg.74a763a15d1604a54e9753216fadd8c2.jpg

So I am assuming it can't be done with all the extra textures and such that are in his model. 

If i put the new binary mdl in my override it'll crash. Also i just noticed that MDLOps dosen't go through the whole reading faces/vertices thing it used to, that may well be my computer about to die one me.

I'm about to give up and say it cant be done. I'm stuck with the few saber models he rigged with his new glowy ambient lighting model.

No idea what to do except try to find GMax to download so i can try to rig it up the OLD way.

Edited by Kaidon Jorn

The problem is the ambient light function. With the correct version of mdledits it should not be a problem to switch it. I have wrote you a pm describing it. I think it is totally doable however still requires alot of work.

Cheers and stay safe

Oh thank GOD.

Hey yeah I just got your message.

Totally don't mind the "work" if I have time, but I also don't really understand how to use MDLEdit fully yet.

I'm-a-learnin' though!

I will keep trying it with the heads up in your message.

Thanks!