btsy22

if you change your gender to male in kse but use a female model, does the game still treat you as a male?

just tryna get handmaiden as a female character without having to download a mod for it. 

3 hours ago, btsy22 said:

just tryna get handmaiden as a female character without having to download a mod for it. 

Hypothetically, if you started a New Game as a Male first and then change your appearance to that of a female what you are proposing might work. Though, I wouldn't really recommend this as since you have mentioned KSE that means you do most likely have a PC and therefore can safely install mods.

Is there any particular reason you don't want to use a mod for this endeavour?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Hypothetically, if you started a New Game as a Male first and then change your appearance to that of a female what you are proposing might work. Though, I wouldn't really recommend this as since you have mentioned KSE that means you do most likely have a PC and therefore can safely install mods.

Is there any particular reason you don't want to use a mod for this endeavour?

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/927 because this one seems to be the one most people recommend but i tried it and it didn't work, and whenever i went into the ebon hawk it would give me an unskippable black screen for a few seconds. tried uninstalling but it didnt fix it, ended up having to delete my save because it was too annoying. 

5 hours ago, btsy22 said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/927 because this one seems to be the one most people recommend but i tried it and it didn't work, and whenever i went into the ebon hawk it would give me an unskippable black screen for a few seconds. tried uninstalling but it didnt fix it, ended up having to delete my save because it was too annoying. 

Did you check that mods requirements? It needs this mod installed first to function? If you don't have this than that's the cause of your issue.

Once you install that mod, then install "Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance" on top of it and it should work. Though I am not sure how exactly that mod works so I never knew that it allowed females to recruit Handmaiden and males to recruit Disciple.

Alternatively, have you seen this mod? It's called 'PartySwap' and it allows you to recruit Handmaiden and Disciple together meaning if you are female you'll get Handmaiden as well as Disciple.

To install this, just install "TSLRCM" first, then "PartySwap" and if you'd like install the PartySwap compatibility patch version of "Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance".

As @Leilukinif the mod author of the mod you listed and should have some experience with what you are desiring to install perhaps if my advice is not the one you are searching for perhaps she could aid you as it is her mod.

On 1/31/2021 at 6:06 AM, btsy22 said:

What was your progress of KotOR 2 playthrough when you encounter problems with my mod? Had you reached the Telos Academy? Did you actually install The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod first before you installed my mod?

I do NOT recommend using KSE to edit your save to make Handmaiden join a female Exile's party without mods. If you encounter issues with my mod, ask me about the issue first so I could identify the cause of your issue, instead of trying to get Handmaiden as a female Exile without mods. I have tested my mod many times to ensure Handmaiden could join a female Exile's party, and my mod has worked with many other people.

@N-DReW25 My mod provides two installation options: Default option and PartySwap Compatible option. The default installation option makes Handmaiden automatically joins a female Exile's party and Disciple joins a male Exile's party, but female Exiles will not be able to recruit Disciple, and male Exiles will not be able to recruit Disciple.

7 hours ago, Leilukin said:

What was your progress of KotOR 2 playthrough when you encounter problems with my mod? Had you reached the Telos Academy? Did you actually install The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod first before you installed my mod?

I do NOT recommend using KSE to edit your save to make Handmaiden join a female Exile's party without mods. If you encounter issues with my mod, ask me about the issue first so I could identify the cause of your issue, instead of trying to get Handmaiden as a female Exile without mods. I have tested my mod many times to ensure Handmaiden could join a female Exile's party, and my mod has worked with many other people.

@N-DReW25 My mod provides two installation options: Default option and PartySwap Compatible option. The default installation option makes Handmaiden automatically joins a female Exile's party and Disciple joins a male Exile's party, but female Exiles will not be able to recruit Disciple, and male Exiles will not be able to recruit Disciple.

it was in telos just before boarding the ship to the telos academy. yes tslrcm  was already installed. it was the only mod i had installed other than a few textures. 

1 hour ago, btsy22 said:

it was in telos just before boarding the ship to the telos academy. yes tslrcm  was already installed. it was the only mod i had installed other than a few textures. 

Did you make sure you have freed Atton, Kreia, Bao-Dur and T3M4 before leaving the Telos academy? Did you fight the Handmaiden sisters before leaving the academy?

Are you using the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM?

12 hours ago, Leilukin said:

Did you make sure you have freed Atton, Kreia, Bao-Dur and T3M4 before leaving the Telos academy? Did you fight the Handmaiden sisters before leaving the academy?

Are you using the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM?

i was using the steam workshop version yes. i didn't go to telos academy before installing your mod. 

On 2/5/2021 at 7:53 AM, btsy22 said:

i was using the steam workshop version yes. i didn't go to telos academy before installing your mod. 

I asked "Did you make sure you have freed Atton, Kreia, Bao-Dur and T3M4 before leaving the Telos academy? Did you fight the Handmaiden sisters before leaving the academy?" because you reported that your issue happened when you were leaving the Telos Academy. The point of my question was to ask did you do those things in the Telos Academy when you have my mod installed. I wasn't asking if you already installed my mod when you went to the Telos Academy.

The mod description and ReadMe file of my mod have already stated VERY clearly that I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST using the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM if you want to use this mod. Instead, I will suggest you use the installer (.exe) version of TSLRCM. Since you linked to the Nexus Mods page of my mod, I also emphasized that I DO NOT recommend the Steam Workshop in a sticky post in the comments section.

I will not be surprised if your issue was caused by you using the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM. I put that warning against using the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM for a reason. Maybe you should consider the possibility that your issue with a mod happened because you didn't even follow the mod author's instructions in the first place, and you should try fixing your issue by actually following the author's instructions in Read Me files and mod descriptions.

I suggest you read this on why Steam Workshop is NOT recommended for modding KotOR 2, which I also linked in a sticky post of the comments section of my mod page on Nexus Mods:

I suggest you get rid of the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM entirely - not just unsubscribe, but also delete TSLRCM's Steam Workshop folder in your computer. Download TSLRCM from Deadly Stream and install this version instead:

And then try installing my mod and/or PartySwap instead of trying to use KSE to get Handmaiden as a female Exile.

PLEASE read the mod author's instructions in Read Me files and mod descriptions before installing and using a mod.

• Like 2