Obi Wan Pere

Voice Over/Sound on a Placeable Help

Hi guys

With KotOR 1 I've got add an existing Voice Over to a Placeable attached in its .dlg file (just a short phrase). The thing works but with a weird behaviour. The dialog text is launched on screen correctly but the sound just is listened depending the angle I'm facing the Placeable (or the panning). Most of times never is listened, other times starts to sound and in a half second suddenly cut. Other times (the less) I'm able to find a -very thin- correct facing angle and can be listened all the phrase (but with a bit lower level volume than would be normal).

I don't know if I have to modify something about the camera options in the .dlg file with the DLG Editor, if there is another system for get voiced sound of a Placeable or what I can do.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Perhaps, you could try using a script to trigger the single line (assuming it is a single line of dialogue). You could also try putting it in the Sound category instead of Vo_ResRef. Personally, haven't run into this myself, but these 2 ideas came to mind.

• Thanks 1

Hi @jc2

I had already attached it at the Sound option box. In fact, I extracted the .dlg file from BIFs-->Templates bif-->dialog-->

I opened it with DLG Editor and renamed it for use just with this particular object. I let is as it was configurated by default, with no scripts and:
VO_ResRef: nm35aadroi02000_
Sound: nglobedroi03000_

I've been changing and exchanging that configuration, even I've played a little with the Camera Angle value in DLG Editor with the same results.

Which be the script for launch a sound from a dialog?

PlaySound("nglobedroi03000_") would be the function try, as for where to put it, place it in the script to fire. Might even be worth trying to put the VO tag, like PlaySound("nm35aadroi02000_").

Don't forget to write out the line in the .dlg file.