Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaTheSwordsman

Odd "sticking" issue and subtitles skipping

So, I've been playing through KotOR and I've been experiencing a couple minor annoyances that I'm not sure if are caused by a mod or not. I had thought overwriting the original swkotor.exe with the editable fixed them; I guess I was wrong.

One is an odd "sticking" issue, where the main character gets stuck in place after either ending combat or looting a container (including remains). Has yet to happen on Taris, but so far the only combat I've done on Taris is the forced encounter when exiting the apartment and (in my pre-K1R file) killing the two Davik goons outside the entrance to Upper City North. Switching characters does nothing. However, I have noticed one improvement between when I ran into this on my pre-K1R file and when I experienced it again after starting over for K1R: Before, I never seemed to unstick on my own. Now, I eventually get loose. I don't know whether to attribute it to K1R, the executable replacement, or luck.

Another is some the first set of subtitles for some dialogues (mostly auto-triggered) being skipped. Always the same ones:

* Carth contacting you when you reach the Starboard Side
* Carth warning you about the troop-filled room ahead
* The subtitles-only dialogue when you first exit the apartment
* The subtitles-only dialogue triggered when you first interact with the Workbench.

No others so far.

Mods installed:

First run I encountered the issues on, I had the above three. For the current run, add this:

Anyone know what the deal is?

2 hours ago, ZeldaTheSwordsman said:

One is an odd "sticking" issue, where the main character gets stuck in place after either ending combat or looting a container (including remains).

Can't say for sure it's the same issue, but there's a bug involving frame rate that can stick your character in place. I believe the fix was to save -> turn on VSync in the graphics options -> load.