Sign in to follow this  
Reshki

KOTOR TOOL Question/Help

I'm looking into making a feat (Targeting) not linked to only the Scout class. I don't need the feat to be selectable in level up, I just need it to be available for all classes IF an item or weapon provides "Bonus Feat: Targeting" at various levels.

I saw in feats.2da there is a column called "allclassescanuse" where you can put a 1 or a 0. All levels of targeting are set to 0. I tried changing them to 1 but still my main character was not granted the feat even though a modded item gave it. Even upon new game.

Any ideas anybody?? There must be some Scout class identifier I can disable or change to all classes.

EDIT: Nevermind figured out what I wanted.

If they've equipped an item with Bonus Feat then they have the feat. It won't show up on the character sheet or anything, feats from items don't, but it'll function.

59 minutes ago, TamerBill said:

If they've equipped an item with Bonus Feat then they have the feat. It won't show up on the character sheet or anything, feats from items don't, but it'll function.

Are you sure?? You can see Targeting for the scout on their feat list. Also, Precise Shot as well as all the active ranged attack feats do appear listed when added by Bonus Feat:

Okay, forget that part then, I was misremembering. But bonus feats definitely don't care about class. I just tested it by adding Lightsaber Proficiency and Combat Logic Upgrade to the clothes item and putting it on a new character. They show up on the list and they function.

3 minutes ago, TamerBill said:

Okay, forget that part then, I was misremembering. But bonus feats definitely don't care about class. I just tested it by adding Lightsaber Proficiency and Combat Logic Upgrade to the clothes item and putting it on a new character. They show up on the list and they function.

Hmmm need to figure out specifically Targeting feat. Need a way to know its working. Without it showing on the listed feats after equipping, I have my doubts that its in effect.

There's definitely nothing special about Targeting, it works as a bonus feat just fine.

Here, I went and tested it specifically.

19sG1vO.jpg

Seems rather pointless to put it on a blaster when you could just give the blaster +1 attack directly, but it shows up and functions just as you'd expect.

24 minutes ago, TamerBill said:

There's definitely nothing special about Targeting, it works as a bonus feat just fine.

Here, I went and tested it specifically.

19sG1vO.jpg

Seems rather pointless to put it on a blaster when you could just give the blaster +1 attack directly, but it shows up and functions just as you'd expect.

And you say this is being added from an item?? Like an item that when equipped has Bonus Feat: Targeting???

Wonder why it isn't working on my end. Super weird.

36 minutes ago, TamerBill said:

Yes. Like I said, there's nothing special about Targeting that makes it work any different.

NfujrYF.jpg

OH OK figured it out, so stupid i forgot the item was set to Targeting II. And without Targeting I it will not work. woops