Dodo00d

Help Port KOTOR1 Armor mod to KOTOR2

2 hours ago, Dodo00d said:

How do I need to rename those files in order for them to replace the sentinel clothing?

You won't be able to just rename the files, the models will need either converting or recompiling using the K2 supermodel.

Thor110

To expand on what Thor said, here's specifically how to convert to a KOTOR II model.

First, you'll need the s_female02 supermodel from K2. The files can be extracted with Kotor Tool, but they're tricky to find so I'll attach them to this comment.

Spoiler
  1. Create a new folder. Place the supermodel files in there along with the model files from that mod.
  2. Load the model into MDLedit. A button under the menu will say KOTOR1, indicating the game version for the current model.
  3. Hit File → Save → ASCII. The model is now in a decompiled .ascii format.
  4. Click on the game version button so that it says KOTOR2. This may issue a warning, but you can ignore it.
  5. Load the new .ascii file back into MDLedit. s_female02 will automatically be loaded along with it.
  6. Hit File → Save → Binary. Go ahead and overwrite the original files.

At this point, you can place the model and its texture into the override folder, but they won't work in-game. I assume that by replacing sentinel clothing, you mean replacing what default clothing looks like when equipped. KOTOR II uses commoner models for the PC's default clothing so you'll need to do some manual editing of appearance.2da.

Spoiler
  1. Open appearance.2da from your override folder using 2DA Editor. Make a backup copy of this in case anything goes wrong in your editing.
  2. Hit Edit → Filter (or CTRL + F on your keyboard) and type in P_FEM.
  3. For all of the visible rows, replace the contents in the modelb column with PFBBS.
  4. Replace all contents in the texb column with PFBBS01.

Kind of a lengthy explanation, but let me know if this works out for you.

s_female02.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Ashton Scorpius said:

I was wondering, do you perhaps know the way to determine what supermodel a model should use? I myself just tried to follow your instructions, but no matter the supermodel I put into the folder it doesn't accept it.

Though I am not trying to port this mod, I am looking at porting another. ( however I thought to avoid details and try to follow your instructions as I have been needing to convert a lot of models myself )

9 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

I was wondering, do you perhaps know the way to determine what supermodel a model should use? I myself just tried to follow your instructions, but no matter the supermodel I put into the folder it doesn't accept it.

If you click on "Header" under the model hierarchy, it lists the supermodel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashton Scorpius said:

If you click on "Header" under the model hierarchy, it lists the supermodel.

Ah, I also noticed I can find it in a HexEditor near the top and realised why it wasn't converting because one uses Supermodel03 and the other uses the model that uses Supermodel03.

Thanks for your help :)

15 hours ago, Ashton Scorpius said:

To expand on what Thor said, here's specifically how to convert to a KOTOR II model.

First, you'll need the s_female02 supermodel from K2. The files can be extracted with Kotor Tool, but they're tricky to find so I'll attach them to this comment.

Hide contents
  1. Create a new folder. Place the supermodel files in there along with the model files from that mod.
  2. Load the model into MDLedit. A button under the menu will say KOTOR1, indicating the game version for the current model.
  3. Hit File → Save → ASCII. The model is now in a decompiled .ascii format.
  4. Click on the game version button so that it says KOTOR2. This may issue a warning, but you can ignore it.
  5. Load the new .ascii file back into MDLedit. s_female02 will automatically be loaded along with it.
  6. Hit File → Save → Binary. Go ahead and overwrite the original files.

At this point, you can place the model and its texture into the override folder, but they won't work in-game. I assume that by replacing sentinel clothing, you mean replacing what default clothing looks like when equipped. KOTOR II uses commoner models for the PC's default clothing so you'll need to do some manual editing of appearance.2da.

Hide contents
  1. Open appearance.2da from your override folder using 2DA Editor. Make a backup copy of this in case anything goes wrong in your editing.
  3. For all of the visible rows, replace the contents in the modelb column with PFBBS.
  4. Replace all contents in the texb column with PFBBS01.

s_female02.zip 1018.15 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the incredible help,  😀

But for some reason only the model loads but not the textures, so ingame I get the correct armor but in white without the textures.

Any idea what could have caused this, I followed all your instructions.

mod.rar

6 hours ago, Dodo00d said:

But for some reason only the model loads but not the textures, so ingame I get the correct armor but in white without the textures.

Any idea what could have caused this, I followed all your instructions.

I'm getting the same thing. Taking a second look I realized that I gave you the wrong supermodel, try converting to binary with this one instead.

I doubt this will fix the texture, but I don't see anything else wrong with the model. I'll keep looking.

s_female03.zip

• Like 1

It works for me if I make the files override the default clothing, so model + texture look fine technically.
Could it be that you have another appearance.2da somewhere else?

hCvl47S.png

• Like 1

Thanks, after some texperiments with the Appearence file, it finally works.

😃

KRMqehB.jpg?1

Edited by Dodo00d
  • Light Side Points 1

Hello guys , would someone be kind enought to send me this mod? I'm playing on android so i can't mod on pc.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 5:26 AM, Dodo00d said:

Thanks, after some texperiments with the Appearence file, it finally works.

😃

KRMqehB.jpg?1

Good day. Please tell me what you changed in .2da?

i have absolutley no idea why my method works but you can extract my rogue armour.rar into override and edit the appearance.2da how I describe it and it shoudl work-

4. Replace all contents in the texb column with PFBBS

Rogue armour.rar

• Thanks 1