Sign in to follow this  
HMGKPred

Fog glitch help?

So im about to start modding my KOTOR 2 and i keep reading about the fog glitch, i have the steam version and so far all i have done is set the beta legacy version which rolls me back to the prev patch, not aspyrs and so far i downloaded the dll for the fix so it can create the 2 shader folders, started the game, exited the game, went to shaders original and ( i havent installed any mods yet ) i see about 8 files, i keep seeing in videos and in the original step guide looking for " MOV result.color, r0 " but in my own files i don't see that exact alone text, i checked all the files and this is what it shows " MOV    result.color.xyz, state.fog.color; " second file below it shows " MOV result.color, program.env[12].w; " and the 3rd also shows " MOV   result.color, program.env[15].x; "  there are more but none of them end with the r0 bit in any of the 8 files i should be editing...so what do i do?

I am fairly new, so no idea who this Sniggles is... buuuuut i meant towards knowing anything relative to modding kotor 2, kotor 1 was relatively easy but it seems that there are extra hoops to jump thru in order to get this game modded and working, if there is nothing then thanks for answering my original post.

Actually one thing and i will follow the instractions ^^ but its actually regarding instractions, some mod descriptions from nexus mention to just drag n drop into the override while others mention the use of the patcher, would it be easier to just do em all via patcher?

If you are using the Reddit mod build then do not use any other mod unless you know what you are doing. You'll probably break things. If you absolutely must use a mod, ask over on Reddit whether or not it is compatible with the build, or you can flag @Snigaroo (AKA Sniggles) directly here on DS. Generally speaking though you should avoid mods from Nexus, again unless you know what you are doing, since a lot of the mods found there are ancient and will cause problems with TSLRCM. Especially ones that use manual hard overwrites.

TSLPatcher integration is a per-mod thing. It's not a generic mod manager that works with all mods. The author needs to create a custom setup for their mod on their end. Some loose file mods don't need it, like basic texture mods and so forth, but some that do either pre-date the existence of TSLPatcher, or the author was lazy and didn't create a setup for it. Avoid any mod that tells you to drop 2DAs and the like in the Override.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

If you are using the Reddit mod build then do not use any other mod unless you know what you are doing. You'll probably break things. If you absolutely must use a mod, ask over on Reddit whether or not it is compatible with the build, or you can flag @Snigaroo (AKA Sniggles) directly here on DS. Generally speaking though you should avoid mods from Nexus, again unless you know what you are doing, since a lot of the mods found there are ancient and will cause problems with TSLRCM. Especially ones that use manual hard overwrites.

TSLPatcher integration is a per-mod thing. It's not a generic mod manager that works with all mods. The author needs to create a custom setup for their mod on their end. Some loose file mods don't need it, like basic texture mods and so forth, but some that do either pre-date the existence of TSLPatcher, or the author was lazy and didn't create a setup for it. Avoid any mod that tells you to drop 2DAs and the like in the Override.

Thank you, i have a decent idea of what i am doing, just trying to make sure i don't get confused once more like with switching to the legacy version n not needing to do the manual changes, but i will ask around where appropriate then, thanks!