Hassat Hunter

Bug Reports for TSLRCM 1.8.6 (PC)

17 hours ago, ZeldaTheSwordsman said:

That would be appreciated, although it would also be good to post the results publicly since A. that will help more people than just me and B. I already worked around it on this playthrough so my own need isn't urgent.

The "levitating swoop" bug is higher up on my personal concerns list right now. That one's causing a bit of a hold-up for me, it makes competing on Telos and Onderon impossible and since you only get one normal visit to Onderon (and are locked into the Dxun-Onderon line once you start it)... Kinda don't want to head to Onderon until there's a solution. Has anyone seen that bug before, or have any idea what caused it?

I have zero modding experience, so I cannot say for certain the following is correct:

The same trigger that starts the dialog with the thugs (exchthugs01.utt) is the same trigger that checks if they're dead. When you enter the trigger it will initiate the conversation (tr_exch_thugs_01.ncs). When you exit it checks to see if they're dead (tr_exch_thugs_ex.ncs). If they're dead the quest updates (journal entry "InterGRU"). There's also a global number that should be updated (302NAR_ExchThugs_01), but it's not listed in @Hassat Hunter's globals thread so I don't know what it does.

So, you just have to enter then exit the trigger. I have no idea how big it is, I don't know how to read the coordinates.

• Light Side Points 1

Please, help!

have a probelem on Onderon with a droid trader. He should have a main quest item - droid head - to sell, but he has not

1) When did the problem begin to occur?

onderon

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

GOG

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?

-

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

fresh

6) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

had a conversation with all cantina npc, got info about droid head. Trader droid have no dialog and no item to sell

8 ) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

-

this is last one from here

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

yes

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

no.

this is the last planet. So it took much time

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

win 10

Shuold I attach any logs?

Edited by Dgt_V

had a conversation with all cantina npc, got info about droid head. 

From whom? You must find out that the droid sells droid parts. Do you talk with pilot (Panar, as I remember)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Senka said:

From whom? You must find out that the droid sells droid parts. Do you talk with pilot (Panar, as I remember)?

@Dgt_V

Yes, it's Panar. Afterward, you get the head by speaking with the droid. It's not in the droid's store inventory.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Senka said:

7 hours ago, AmanoJyaku said:

@Dgt_V

Yes, it's Panar. Afterward, you get the head by speaking with the droid. It's not in the droid's store inventory.

Guys. My bad

thought I spoke to all the npc

Thnx for help!

I can't even install the mod. I've tried it on an external HDD and on my main drive and I keep getting this:

https://gyazo.com/d24fe77b4e753109cdfa1b5c3d23c127

EDIT: Reads - "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another."
I was given no option to select a filepath from the 1.8.6 download on the main page, only language and Install.

Edited by crusdaer_tim

On 12/16/2021 at 6:29 PM, crusdaer_tim said:

I can't even install the mod. I've tried it on an external HDD and on my main drive and I keep getting this:

https://gyazo.com/d24fe77b4e753109cdfa1b5c3d23c127

EDIT: Reads - "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another."
I was given no option to select a filepath from the 1.8.6 download on the main page, only language and Install.

Did you install it before (and if so, do you still have it in your "Apps & Features"?) or this is the first time you're installing TSLRCM on this particular system?

Also, did you swap any hard drives recently?

6 hours ago, Drazgar said:

Did you install it before (and if so, do you still have it in your "Apps & Features"?) or this is the first time you're installing TSLRCM on this particular system?

Also, did you swap any hard drives recently?

This isn't the first installation on this system, no. Not in apps or features, and before I had it installed on the main drive. Now I'm trying to install it on an external HDD. 
When that didn't work, I installed it back in the main filepath and it still didn't recognize it. Even when I put the installer /in/ the directory.

11 hours ago, crusdaer_tim said:

Now I'm trying to install it on an external HDD. 
When that didn't work, I installed it back in the main filepath and it still didn't recognize it. Even when I put the installer /in/ the directory.

Are you using the Steam version? There might be a certain mess in your OS registry. Did you try to also uninstall TSL itself and then clean your registry of this game's remnants (like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2) and also TSLRCM's?

7 hours ago, Drazgar said:

Are you using the Steam version? There might be a certain mess in your OS registry. Did you try to also uninstall TSL itself and then clean your registry of this game's remnants (like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2) and also TSLRCM's?

It is the Steam version, yeah. I think I may just grab the GOG one, it's less than $5. 
Can you tell me how to do the registry nonsense? Or point me to where I can find out? My computer literacy beyond copying/pasting files and figuring out mod installation is basically zero lol.

34 minutes ago, crusdaer_tim said:

It is the Steam version, yeah. I think I may just grab the GOG one, it's less than $5.

I'm afraid switching the game versions might not fix the issue. 

The registry editor is normally located in C:\Windows\regedit.exe (or you can just type "Regedit" in the search bar at the bottom left of your desktop). Open it, use CTRL+F to search for "tslrcm". If you find any obvious TSLRCM leftovers, delete it.

8 hours ago, Drazgar said:

I'm afraid switching the game versions might not fix the issue. 

The registry editor is normally located in C:\Windows\regedit.exe (or you can just type "Regedit" in the search bar at the bottom left of your desktop). Open it, use CTRL+F to search for "tslrcm". If you find any obvious TSLRCM leftovers, delete it.

Hrm. So, I found a couple entries. There were a few entries that didn't allow me to delete them - said "unable to delete" or something, even with running as an admin and running normally. While the game was uninstalled on all drives.

Is there any straight-up archive of the TSLRCM files themselves instead of the installer? Or one that lets me pick an install path? I'll keep monkeying around. Worst-case, I'll just try installing it on a laptop and...I dunno, copying and pasting the whole game directory onto my desktop one. That's probably a terrible solution but it's the only one I can think of lol.

EDIT: attached image.

dfce9bfd78a812518bfa384133c69641.png

Edited by crusdaer_tim

1 hour ago, crusdaer_tim said:

EDIT: attached image.

dfce9bfd78a812518bfa384133c69641.png

Looking at these particular entries it seems you got some TSLRCM trash temp files left in your AppData folder. Since these are just typical "temporary files", you can try getting rid of them by using the default Disc Cleanup tool. Then open the C:\Users\ninja\AppData\Local\Temp and check if anything else left in there.

Note that AppData folder can be "invisible" by default (as a system crap), in that case open File Explorer from your taskbar, then View -> Options -> Change folder and search options. Select the View tab -> Advanced settings -> select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK. Now check the Temp folder and see if any crap is still left in there. Once everything is clean, try checking the registry and installing things again.

1 hour ago, crusdaer_tim said:

Is there any straight-up archive of the TSLRCM files themselves instead of the installer? Or one that lets me pick an install path? I'll keep monkeying around. Worst-case, I'll just try installing it on a laptop and...I dunno, copying and pasting the whole game directory onto my desktop one. That's probably a terrible solution but it's the only one I can think of lol.

Well, since you're using the Steam version, you can just use this, or this. But that way might complicate any additional mod using. Or.. you can just download it from there, then copy the necessary files. Just don't forget to unsubscribe from the workshop files afterwards if you plan to use anything else. :lol:

If anything, TSL workshop mods are downloaded in /Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/208580/ by default

So yeah, don't know of it's a bug or what. But, not sure if the standard bug reporting is applicable. I dled and installed the 1.8.6 version. It installed fine. But on the main screen of the game it lists it as version 1.8.5. I have no other mods installed.

1 hour ago, Mogymog said:

So yeah, don't know of it's a bug or what. But, not sure if the standard bug reporting is applicable. I dled and installed the 1.8.6 version. It installed fine. But on the main screen of the game it lists it as version 1.8.5. I have no other mods installed.

Not sure if they bothered to update the logo. Use this if that really irks you.

22 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

Not sure if they bothered to update the logo. Use this if that really irks you.

Nah, doens't really bug me. Just, wanted to make sure if it was a known thing or not. Or if I did have some kind of real bug issue. If it's just cause they didnt bother to change it, them I'm totally fine with it.

• Like 1

I am a new player so i apolpgize if that have been brought out before, also english is not my first language 

i have a bug in peragus when i am suppposed to find T3 desabled in a tunnel near a mine but the droid is nowhere to be found, and after i fought an army of droids with Aton i arrived at a door that cannot be opened presumably because i need T3.

In Peragus Fuel line

Yes 1.8.6
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

GOG

I do not know about regions i did a fresh install
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

No
6) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

M4-78EP ,  PartySwap, 1.33 , 6 Player Heads, EZswoop and no skip turrets

No

Same result

No
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7 64

Thanks for any help.

I don't know where to ask this as I don't even know if this is a problem with RCM, but I've always had issues with Bao-Dur's initial lightsaber build "quest" at the start of the game. By Nar Shadaa, most players have one towards the end of the planet's missions. I've always had to use Kotor Save Editor to get one from him. Is this bug hard-coded into the base game for PC or something with mods affecting it? I have all the things I need to build one typically around the time I have get through dealing with the Red Eclipse on the Ebon Hawk but as soon as I hand my parts over to him, and he builds the thing, it never pops up in my inventory and I resort to KSE. It really kills the immersion of the game. Can this never be fixed?

Not sure how to format this since it's not a bug. But when I use the installer let it do it's thing and everything the mod reads 1.8.5 not 1.8.6 so I'm curious if it's suppose to say this or for some reason is the installer not working for some reason? 

Never mind please ignore this did not see someone already posted this

Edited by Dogthehound106
Don't know how to read

Could be not a bug, but here's something I've noticed while batch processing TSLRCM files:

a_turnkreia.ncs in 907mal.mod has wrong extension. It is a source file, not compiled script.

I'm on version 1.8.6 of TSLRCM.

I have encountered two bugs on Nar Shaddaa. Not sure whether they have been mentioned previously.

1. The old owner of the Ebon Hawk uses the Ewan McGregor head model if the protagonist has the short hair Soldier head - except in the cutscene where the Red Eclipe board the Ebon Hawk, where he reverted to his default head model. He has the alternate head again when you reclaim the Ebon Hawk.

2. In the combat sequence where you can pick a companion to fight with Atton and Bao-Dur, T3-M4 is an option, even when you have sold him to Kodin prior to that.

Last month, July 2022

Steam

No, I assume Steam auto-updates to the latest version

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

Fresh installation.

6) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

No other mods.

Not more than mentioned previously.

No.

I don't have another save file.

No.

Windows 10

Hey all,

my 1st message here!

perhaps the most dull issue, but nevertheless, assistance will be much appreciated! 

The Issue: Game crashes after character creation.

Suspicions: I had a problem with the game launch - it required CD! Though I posses an original copy, the game didnt see it. So i tried to download and apply a no-cd file. I suspect, that is the problem. No CD was designed for 1.0b version.

Background info: installation went in accordance to the instruction. First of all, i have installed a 4CD version of the game. Then, I have updated the game by 1.0b file (since, i am using english language version). After, i have installed mod: first the 1.8.5. version, afterward - 1.8.6. Finally, after it - No CD.

Game started perfecly. The main menu displayed the text indicating version of the Mod (1.8.6.).

After character creation, cutscenes - game crashes.

Attemps: I've tried to disable all graphic options. None result.

instantly.

Yes, i did.

4 CD. Have no idea for which region it was designed for, it's in english though.

Yes, i did. I have applied 1.0b patch before installing 1.8.5.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

I did fresh installation.

6) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

None of them. Pure vanilla 100%. Though i am planning to do something with screen resolution, i would like to try full hd thing.

Since the first launch.

No, i havent

I didnt try to load a game, since it was a fresh start.

Yes, i tried to start new game.

Win 10 x64

I cant disable Frame Buffer as everyone seems did, it's already disabled (and i cant enable it!) and more over, unclickable. I assume because i use PC with Intel UHD integrated graphic card. 

Any ideas?

Hello,

This isn't exactly a bug but I've noticed something that doesn't seem right in one of the scripts that I think is from TSLRCM. However it may just be me not knowing better, so I wanted to ask about it.

There's the a_makejedi script (used to turn party members into Jedi), which looks like this:

void main() {
    int nParam1 = GetScriptParameter(1);
    if ((nParam1 == 0)) {
        AddMultiClass(5, GetObjectByTag("Atton", 0));
    }
    if ((nParam1 == 1)) {
        AddMultiClass(3, GetObjectByTag("BaoDur", 0));
    }
    if ((nParam1 == 4)) {
        AddMultiClass(3, GetObjectByTag("Handmaiden", 0));
    }
    if ((nParam1 == 7)) {
        AddMultiClass(5, GetObjectByTag("Mira", 0));
    }
    if ((nParam1 == 11)) {
        AddMultiClass(4, GetObjectByTag("Disciple", 0));
    }
}

This looks fine to me. However, there are conditional scripts that seem to be connected to the Jedi classes, one for each teachable character: c_att_jedi, c_bao_jedi, c_disc_jedi, c_hand_jedi and c_mira_jedi.

I opened these up with DeNCS while trying to understand how it all worked. And what I noticed is that they are in line with a_makejedi, except for c_disc_jedi.

For example, this is how c_att_jedi looks:

int StartingConditional() {
    return (GetClassByPosition(2, GetObjectByTag("Atton", 0)) == 5);
}

This is in line with the a_makejedi script. Atton's second class is 5, the Jedi Sentinel.

Then you have c_bao_jedi:

return (GetClassByPosition(2, GetObjectByTag("BaoDur", 0)) == 3);
}

Again, this looks right. Bao-Dur's second class is Jedi Guardian, which is 3.

The rest also look good, except for c_disc_jedi, which looks like this:

return (GetClassByPosition(4, GetObjectByTag("disciple", 0)) == 3);
}

This doesn't seem right. From my understanding, this is looking for a non-existent fourth class, and wants it to be a Jedi Guardian, or 3. Also disciple should start with a capital letter, but I'm not sure if that affects anything. 

Unless I'm misunderstanding something (which is possible, I've only recently started scripting) the right script would be:

return (GetClassByPosition(2, GetObjectByTag("Disciple", 0)) == 4);
}

Am I correct here, or is the script fine as it is? Does anyone know where c_disc_jedi.ncs gets used and if this could cause any issues?

On 3/1/2021 at 9:38 AM, TheCOPRCollection said:

Background music interrupts seem bugged. Near the start of the game, the player has the option of checking the hatch to the Peragus Mining Tunnels turbolift only to find that it is sealed. This is typically met with a quick telepathic dialogue from Kreia and a (loud) momentary change in background music. After the sound and the dialogue finishes the Peragus theme is supposed to resume playing on a loop....But it doesn't. The short (loud) music segment from the cutscene just keeps looping in its place throughout the rest of the level...

Here's in-game footage of the issue as happened on my end as well:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/50026566/214293743-f4ea4c72-da97-4cde-ba16-e4d9e292c6e6.mp4

The responsible file is `emrhatch.DLG`. Had it fixed locally by moving `a_stoptele` from `EntryList3` to `ReplyList1` -- which is a script that should switch the BGM back to Peragus'.

You can check the details as posted over TSL-CP's repo here: https://github.com/KOTORCommunityPatches/TSL_Community_Patch/issues/88#issue-1554925084