Hassat Hunter

Bug Reports for TSLRCM 1.8.6 (PC)

Here's the place to report bugs, errors with other mods etc.

NOTE: Only report issues here if you use the latest version of TSLRCM (1.8.6) on the PC! If you don't, please update to the latest version of TSLRCM! They very well might resolve your issue.

When posting an issue, be able to state with your issue the following information (stolen from a wonderful post by Darth InSidious) . . . which I've amended.

1) When did the problem begin to occur?
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?
6) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
8 ) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?
9) Have you tried using a different save game?
10) Have you tried starting a new game?
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Include these questions with your answers, please.

This is now a requirement for bug posting. Thank you for your continued patronage.

I can't install TSLRCM 1.8.6 to the DVD version of KOTOR 2.  When I run the EXE file, it installs automatically to GOG Galaxy even though I don't have that version of KOTOR 2 installed.  Even if I delete the main GOG folder, the installation makes a new one anyway.  Is there a way to choose which folder I want to install to?  I'm running WIN10 and have no other mods installed.

• Like 1

Mandalorian Battle Circle will not proceed past first opponent.

1) When did the problem begin to occur?

Mandalorian Battle Circle

Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam

I downloaded it from Steam so I assume it updated to the most recent patch.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

Installed over 1.8.5

6) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Tried with quite a few mods at first then uninstalled them all and the problem persisted. 

After killing (this may be a problem as you’re not supposed to be able to kill them) the first opponent and talking to the sergeant he states that I will fight the first opponent, but because I have already defeated the first, nothing happens.

Edit: I ended up having to start a different playthrough due to a different game breaking bug. (Game crashed when trying travel to Korriban. Solution was to do Korriban before Dxun/Onderan.) In this playthrough I noticed that the first opponent did not use a sword, whereas when the bug occurred he was always using a sword. This somehow lead to him not dying when he was defeated, and I was then able to proceed to the second opponent.

Yes

Yes

Considering how far in I am, I’m not willing to try this

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 10

As a side note I have a save right before initiating the quest that I can proceed with and test if works whenever there is an update or potential fix. I’ll just not start it so I can go back later. 

Edited by Kimosabe
Additional Information Discovered

Background music interrupts seem bugged. Near the start of the game, the player has the option of checking the hatch to the Peragus Mining Tunnels turbolift only to find that it is sealed. This is typically met with a quick telepathic dialogue from Kreia and a (loud) momentary change in background music. After the sound and the dialogue finishes the Peragus theme is supposed to resume playing on a loop....But it doesn't. The short (loud) music segment from the cutscene just keeps looping in its place throughout the rest of the level, and is really distracting as it drowns out the speech of any dialogue playing in the foreground. I haven't played beyond this to check to see if it affects other bg music interrupts since I just get too annoyed to continue. I tested the same settings on the vanilla version of the game with default settings (and tested my personal preference settings) and it functions normally.

Edit: I would also like to add that, after testing a comparison of a vanilla game with the TSLRCM 1.8.6 modded version again, I've noticed two issues the mod introduces.

1. Unlike the vanilla fresh install, the mod requires me to enable VSync after combat to move the player at all. (In case knowing this helps identify the bigger issue, I can work around this one)

2. If I load a save of the modded version of the game (from the same install) that is from a point after this sound glitch is triggered, the glitch persists after the game loads. So no getting around it that way. (Because it persists into the save files, I'm going to include two here to help with troubleshooting, one from before the trigger(Game 1), and one from after(Game 2).)

Okay, this solution seems to be specific to the Steam version (though I'm not sure why). -When the first psychic encounter cutscene with Kreia occurs, immediately choosing the second dialogue option results in the glitch I described. Choosing the first option that extends the interaction by one exchange successfully refreshes the Peragus background theme in its loop. Further triggers for this music clip (such as the passive precognition cutscene soon after) do not cause the glitch. And this is with the TSLRCM installed.

-With v1.8.5 around November 2020 and persistent today with v1.8.6. I've played the TSLRCM before on the older versions on another PC and haven't encountered this issue. Though not on my current newer PC.

-Yes. Thirty minutes before posting this.

-GOG

-As it is a fresh install (today) with auto updates, I presume so.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

-Fresh install.

-Only M4-78 to accompany TSLRCM, though I've tested this without M4-78 and reach the same bug.

-Always at the same point. Totally reproducible.

-Yes, many times.

-Typically test with fresh games since it happens early enough to be feasible.

-Almost exclusively.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

-Microsoft Windows 10 v2004

Specs

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
  • Memory: 16GB
  • GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Display Mode: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz

Note: OS is installed on M.2 SSD with game and mod installed on separate HDD.

saves.zip

Edited by TheCOPRCollection
Providing possible solution for Steam version only.

Game will not progress past the point in the picture. Carth walks to that point and looks around forever. I know the game isn’t frozen because he continues to turn his head and look around. 
1) When did the problem
 begin to occur?

After a cutscene of the Republic Fleet arriving at Citadel Station.

Yes

Steam

I assume Steam did that for me.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

Fresh install

Tried with an assortment of mods but uninstalled all in hopes this would fix the issue. It did not.

See included picture.

Yes

Yes

Unwilling to at this point in the game

Windows 10

219A7C4D-30ED-4925-8FE8-C9435B23EEBA.jpeg

Edited by Kimosabe

5 hours ago, Kimosabe said:

Tried with an assortment of mods but uninstalled all in hopes this would fix the issue. It did not.

Yes

Unwilling to at this point in the game

Let me see if I've got this straight - and please, correct me if I have any of this wrong...

• You modded up your game with many mods - none of which you've listed. (Listing all mods is required.)
  • Then - you uninstalled those many mods (excepting TSLRCM) - without starting a new game. 

Is that about right?

Edit: I'm going to head off to sleep right now. If @Kimosabe answers in the affirmative to both of the bulleted lines above before I get back, please feel free to jump in and explain why deleting several mods in the middle of a playthrough might be . . . problematic.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1
  • Dark Side Points 1

@Kimosabe Sith Holocron has a point in the questions he's asking to clarify things.

The way most mods that aren't just models or textures work involves adding data that's saved into games (like creatures in areas, or variables used to reference the state of progress in the game) or altering existing files.

Simply uninstalling a mod (this by itself can be problematic if the mod changes data inside the packs for a level or area) doesn't guarantee that its effects are gone from your save.

So uninstalling the mods and not fixing the issue isn't too surprising, but to have a chance to help, we need a list of your mods (perhaps a screenshot or two of the packaged files [the .zip, .rar, or .7z] from your Downloads?) to be able to begin helping. Otherwise, we literally can't diagnose what went wrong...

• Light Side Points 2

Teleported on the Harbinger instead of seeing Darth Sion introduction.

At the Spacewalk on Peragus, when the Harbiger arrives.
Instead of Darth Sion cutscene, I am teleported inside the Harbinger and I can't continue the story.
I have a litte "cutscene", it's just stars with Sion talking about the death of the Exile.

STEAM
English version of the game, of course, with all mods in english tu avoid languages conflicts

Reinstalled the game, all updates with it I think.

Fresh install of the game and all mods.

6) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
JC's Player Soundset Restoration for K2 - Mods - Deadly Stream
TSL Restored Content Mod - Mods - Deadly Stream
M4-78 Enhancement Project - Mods - Deadly Stream
Coruscant Jedi Temple by deathdisco - Mods - Deadly Stream
Extended Enclave (TSLRCM add-on) - Mods - Deadly Stream
Extended Enclave Patch - Mods - Deadly Stream
Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance - Mods - Deadly Stream (with compatibility patches)
Alternate Revan Romances (UPDATED) - Mods - Deadly Stream
TSL Ebon Hawk Downloadable Map - Mods - Deadly Stream
Dustil Restoration - Mods - Deadly Stream
Bao-Dur Wears Jedi Robes - Mods - Deadly Stream
Handmaiden Redone - Skins - Deadly Stream
Handmaiden-style Undies For Female PCs - Mods - Deadly Stream
Hide Weapons in Animations at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
High Quality Blasters at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Mara Jade PC for TSL - Skins - Deadly Stream
Quarterstaff Replacement Pack - Mods - Deadly Stream
TSL Default Replacement Hilt Megapack - Mods - Deadly Stream
High Quality Skyboxes II at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
HK Droids SWTOR-Style at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Dahnis Flirt Option for Female PC at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
High Quality Stars and Nebulas at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate High Resolution Texture Pack - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Nar Shaddaa High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Onderon High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Dantooine High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Dxun High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Korriban High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Malachor V High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Movie-style Jedi Master robes - Mods - Deadly Stream
90SK's Tunics Replacement - Skins - Deadly Stream
TSL Padawan Robes Redone - Skins - Deadly Stream
Canonical Mandalore - Mods - Deadly Stream
JC's Lightsaber Visual Effects for K2 - Mods - Deadly Stream
Replacement Loading Screens for KotOR2: Add-On Pack (with or without TSLRCM) - Skins - Deadly Stream
(I forgot the others....)
Vibrosword replacement pack at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Sion Retexture at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
HD NPC Portraits - Skins - Deadly Stream
HD PC Portraits - Skins - Deadly Stream
Invisible Headgear - Mods - Deadly Stream
CJP KOTOR II Dynamic John Williams Original Trilogy Soundtrack at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Sound Mod - Mods - Deadly Stream
KotOR 2 Remastered (AI Upscaled) Cutscenes - Mods - Deadly Stream
Kreia's Lightsaber / Long sword - Mods - Deadly Stream
Wearable Atris Robes - Mods - Deadly Stream
Classic Jedi Project KOTOR II Original Trilogy Lightsaber Sounds at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

They are in the order I have installed them

When I am on the spacewalk at Peragus, Atton speaks to me and the Harbinger arrives.
The movie don't play correctly (jerky)
Then I have a loading screen
And I'm teleported on the Harbinger, I see Sion on the bridge while i'm next to him & the cutscene don't play.

yes

yes

I'm at the beggining of the game...

image.png.7180759e7f84d7d71a7d2d6826750b25.png

Screenshot of the problem Ingame :

1 - "The Cutscene"K2_00004.thumb.jpg.f8d3228286abf5ba0a428ad499a5d634.jpg

2 - I'm in the Harbinger corridor
K2_00005.thumb.jpg.1048fdbc8ff4aab15988621705e1c379.jpg

3 - Hello Sion, I hate you but you know it
K2_00006.thumb.jpg.3955bd7b4afa9052e5d3fd947763a1d8.jpg

With some research, I found the .bik cutscene is replaced by ingame cutscene by the 154HAR.mod file.
I have no mod who touch this file.

I thought the Kreia lightsaber mod touches it, but no... It touches the 153har.mod

Edited by sovereign-fr

On 4/23/2021 at 12:35 PM, sovereign-fr said:

I am having this identical issue.

1) When did the problem begin to occur? After Anton conversation during spacewalk when Harbinger CS starts.
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? yes
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version? Origin
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? yes
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file? no, fresh install

Mod List: https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/wiki/kotor2modbuildfull
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? After about 7 seconds into permov03.bik screen stops and screen shot referenced as "1. The Cutsceen"  in previous post appears. After that I am transported to harbinger corridor still in spacesuit. Can go to bridge and see Sion kneeling on ground. Accessing bridge computer terminal causes game to freeze as well.
8 ) Have you tried re-downloading the mod? yes
9) Have you tried using a different save game? yes
10) Have you tried starting a new game? not yet
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) Windows 10 Home

I was having this issue too. I isolated the problem to sion_cut.dlg from the Extended Enclave Mod. Removing that file from Override seemed to fix it and Sion's introduction + Harbinger docking sequence played normally.

It also fixed an issue where trying to view the camera recording of Sion breaking out of the kolto tank on Harbinger would result in a black screen.

• Light Side Points 3

20 hours ago, Garfieldslaw said:

I was having this issue too. I isolated the problem to sion_cut.dlg from the Extended Enclave Mod. Removing that file from Override seemed to fix it and Sion's introduction + Harbinger docking sequence played normally.

It also fixed an issue where trying to view the camera recording of Sion breaking out of the kolto tank on Harbinger would result in a black screen.

It just works ! Thank you :)

On 4/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, Garfieldslaw said:

Thank you! That sure did fix it. I was also able to discover that (at least for me) it was not Extended Enclave itself that caused it, but rather the Extended Enclave - Patch mod. I did a clean install with Party Swap/Extended Enclave and the EE Compatch, but without the EE Patch file and everything worked fine.

Stuck during the Enclave sequence

When I talk to the Jedi masters or after killing them all, this time this is 2 bugs.

STEAM
English version of the game, of course, with all mods in english tu avoid languages conflicts

Reinstalled the game, all updates with it I think.

Fresh install of the game and all mods.

6) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
JC's Player Soundset Restoration for K2 - Mods - Deadly Stream
TSL Restored Content Mod - Mods - Deadly Stream
M4-78 Enhancement Project - Mods - Deadly Stream
Coruscant Jedi Temple by deathdisco - Mods - Deadly Stream
Extended Enclave (TSLRCM add-on) - Mods - Deadly Stream
Extended Enclave Patch - Mods - Deadly Stream
Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance - Mods - Deadly Stream (with compatibility patches)
Alternate Revan Romances (UPDATED) - Mods - Deadly Stream
TSL Ebon Hawk Downloadable Map - Mods - Deadly Stream
Dustil Restoration - Mods - Deadly Stream
Bao-Dur Wears Jedi Robes - Mods - Deadly Stream
Handmaiden Redone - Skins - Deadly Stream
Handmaiden-style Undies For Female PCs - Mods - Deadly Stream
Hide Weapons in Animations at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
High Quality Blasters at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Mara Jade PC for TSL - Skins - Deadly Stream
Quarterstaff Replacement Pack - Mods - Deadly Stream
TSL Default Replacement Hilt Megapack - Mods - Deadly Stream
High Quality Skyboxes II at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
HK Droids SWTOR-Style at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Dahnis Flirt Option for Female PC at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
High Quality Stars and Nebulas at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate High Resolution Texture Pack - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Nar Shaddaa High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Onderon High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Dantooine High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Dxun High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Korriban High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Malachor V High Resolution - HD Upscale at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Movie-style Jedi Master robes - Mods - Deadly Stream
90SK's Tunics Replacement - Skins - Deadly Stream
TSL Padawan Robes Redone - Skins - Deadly Stream
Canonical Mandalore - Mods - Deadly Stream
JC's Lightsaber Visual Effects for K2 - Mods - Deadly Stream
Replacement Loading Screens for KotOR2: Add-On Pack (with or without TSLRCM) - Skins - Deadly Stream
(I forgot the others....)
Vibrosword replacement pack at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Sion Retexture at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
HD NPC Portraits - Skins - Deadly Stream
HD PC Portraits - Skins - Deadly Stream
Invisible Headgear - Mods - Deadly Stream
CJP KOTOR II Dynamic John Williams Original Trilogy Soundtrack at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Ultimate Sound Mod - Mods - Deadly Stream
KotOR 2 Remastered (AI Upscaled) Cutscenes - Mods - Deadly Stream
Kreia's Lightsaber / Long sword - Mods - Deadly Stream
Wearable Atris Robes - Mods - Deadly Stream
Classic Jedi Project KOTOR II Original Trilogy Lightsaber Sounds at Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

They are in the order I have installed them

1 - When I talk to the Masters, I have a cutscene with the toughts of my companions (in theory). I have Atton and the scene stops, I am before the Masters and I can't talk with them.

2 - I can go talk to Kreia (Troubleshooting option one), I have the cutscene (when I click on her) of the absorbtion of life of the Masters (Not that I want to do ! I'm a Jedi for god sake !). After I have the sequence "Exile is dead" and I'm on the Ravager with Sion & Nihilus who "talks" and after their "altercation" I have a black screen (I can walk, I hear my foots when I press "Z").

I won't lie, I hate the solution of killing the masters, It is antinomic with my Exile. But the second problem will occur I think even if the first is repaired.

Same Install than my previous report.

I only have one playtrought

I'm at the end of the game, I want to find a troubleshooting solution instead of begin again.

image.png.7180759e7f84d7d71a7d2d6826750b25.png

) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
1 - When I talk to the Masters, I have a cutscene with the toughts of my companions (in theory). I have Atton and the scene stops, I am before the Masters and I can't talk with them.

2 - I can go talk to Kreia (Troubleshooting option one), I have the cutscene (when I click on her) of the absorbtion of life of the Masters (Not that I want to do ! I'm a Jedi for god sake !). After I have the sequence "Exile is dead" and I'm on the Ravager with Sion & Nihilus who "talks" and after their "altercation" I have a black screen (I can walk, I hear my foots when I press "Z").

I won't lie, I hate the solution of killing the masters, It is antinomic with my Exile. But the second problem will occur I think even if the first is repaired.

Hmm. Did you add back sion_cut.dlg after removing it from the Override or do a clean install without Extended Enclave? I added it back and went through that sequence without issue.

Noticed ever since using tslrcm 1.8.5 

yes

Kotor Collection 

no

Fresh install

TSLRCM v1.8.6 https://deadlystream.com/files/file/578-tsl-restored-content-mod/

M478EP v1.3 http://pa3pyx.dnsalias.org/

Extended Enclave 2.5.1 https://deadlystream.com/files/file/428-extended-enclave-tslrcm-add-on/

Genoharadon Legacy https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1081-genoharadan-legacy/?changelog=0

Dustil Restoration https://deadlystream.com/topic/2366-moddustil-restoration/?tab=comments#comment-23430

During the Sion Arrival scene there is no music when it shows him meditating on the bridge

yes

yes

yes

Windows 10.

I don't know if others have reported it but I am compelled to remove the movie folder because the game crashes when I'm outside the peragus fuel station before the arrival of Harbinger. 

Also, It is not compatible with Skip Peragus mod so my solution is using mods like Peragus droid overhaul and Peragus dead body mod to make peragus more interesting. 

I've been playing the mobile version of kotor (1.0.7) and kotor2 (2.0.1) and it works perfect except for these two. 

Edited by Jj117

Got a couple different ones to report:
A. Short swords that let you try to add a cell
B. Kodin selling redundant HK part
C. IT-31 getting stuck outside the repair shop (strongly suspect vanilla issue)
D. The swoop bike in the Nar Shaddaa race being stuck hovering in the air as soon as the race starts and not coming down til the end UPDATE: This affected Telos too.
EDIT WITH A NEW PROBLEM: E. And now Atton's brand-new Force Powers are broken out of the box, saying "Force Depleted" when his Force meter is full. It's worse than I thought: The Vitality and Force meters are broken. Or maybe not? I can't make sense of what's going on with the KSE readings for HP and FP...
** UPDATE: Discovered what gives with KSE HP and FP values, red herring for the Atton problem.
F. Adding to my woes, Bonus Mission: Intergalactic Reunification has not been fixed.

A. First time I got to a workbench and tried to upgrade after getting an energy cell.
B. On Nar Shaddaa, when I checked Kodin's stock.
C. Same planet, the second time I did the Droid Retrieval sidequest.
D. All attempts thus far at racing on Nar Shaddaa. UPDATE: Telos too, except on a pre-departure save
E. After making Atton a Jedi, although I didn't notice it until I was aboard the Ebon Hawk to fight the Red Eclipse Having discovered the true nature of the problem, it actually happened a lot earlier. I was killed oddly quickly by the HK50s encountered in the Telos dock module after returning from the polar academy despite being at full life, and the problem may have set in even earlier than that. I've had other instances of this too, like when fighting Cahmakht aboard the Ebon Hawk. Nvm, the KSE thing was a red herring. It was a weird order-of-operations bug.
F. After wiping out Saquesh and all his goons.
Yes, for both TSLRCM and M4-78EP
GOG
N/A
Fresh install
At the time of discovering the short sword weirdness?
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1004-alternate-revan-romances-updated/?tab=comments
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/428-extended-enclave-tslrcm-add-on/
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/416-tsl-clone-wars-armors/
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1374-harbinger-hull-fixes/
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1275-peragus-administration-level-room-model-fixes/
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1773-k2-star-forge-robes-in-ebon-hawk-container/ (Initially incorrectly)
https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/file/revan-s-robes-star-forge-robes-for-tsl
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/8-peragus-tweak/?tab=comments

Since then I have also added:

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/202-hi-resolution-skin-for-ebon-hawk-tsl/?tab=comments
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/514-darth-sapiens-presents-t3m4-hd-2k/?tab=comments
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/971-refurbished-astromech-droids/?tab=comments
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/759-tsl-origins-telos-overhaul/page/3/?tab=comments
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/296-unofficial-tslrcm-tweak-pack/ Saedhe original head component, Kreia-Atris reversion component
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/897-tsl-origins-harbinger-overhaul/
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1515-hd-hk-upscale/
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1760-delayable-message-from-the-exchange/
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1881-ebon-hawk-armband/
https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/file/realistic-nar-shaddaa-skybox

I discovered issues B-E after adding all the above to the mix. Well, DMFE and the armband might not have been installed at the time the meters actually came up. Idk. F is an unpatched vanilla bug.
A. When using the Workbench in the Peragus dormitory (the first workbench I had access to after first coming across an Improved Energy Cell), and at every workbench since then. When dealing with a short sword, it lets me select the cell slot and try to add a cell, but of course the sword won't actually accept it. But from what I hear it shouldn't even get that far, the slot should be completely inactive.
B. I opened Kodin's store and was able to buy an HK part from him (the control cluster) even though I already had all parts but the processor you get from the HK-50s in Vogga's warehouse. That's not supposed to happen, right? Sorry for not taking a picture of this.
C. I reloaded a saved game to re-do the Droid Retrieval sidequest, because I forgot to find out about the shield beforehand. This time... Atton wound up being positioned in IT-31's path as he tried to leave, causing him to be stuck until he suddenly warped himself up and over Atton and back onto the ground. This seems to have screwed with his movement distance, because he did not make it all the way back to Tienn Tubb's shop. He acts like he's in there, but he's stuck in place just outside it. Leaving the planet and returning has not fixed this.
D. Every last swoop race attempt on Nar Shaddaa, I have suddenly been stuck hovering (as if in mid-jump) as soon as the race begins and do not touch down until the end of the track.

E. After the requisite encounter with the Twi'leks in the Refugee quad, I was able to make Atton a Jedi. However, when I boarded the Ebon Hawk to wipe out the Red Eclipse I noticed something was wrong. When I tried to make him use his new Force powers, it said "Force Depleted" despite his Force meter being full. That's... problematic. I thought it might be due to weirdness with the "Red Eclipse Battle" version of the Ebon Hawk, but the problem persisted afterwards. I have an idea as to a possible cause - turning him into a Jedi while he had a pending levelup - but I'll have to test that. Nope. Tried a save before I converted him, used the pending levelup, then leveled him up again. Still had the problem.
UPDATE: Discovered the true problem: The in-game Force and Vitality Meters, including the number displays on the Character screen of the menu? Are broken. They display as full and FP AND VP cease to recharge - the game is so sure they're full that it won't let me use medpacs - but looking at the save files with KSE shows the characters' current Force Points and Vitality Points to be below the actual maximum. In other words, the game shows me as being at my true maxes... but for some reason I'm actually artificially capped below them. That's no good at all. I'll have to see if I can fix this, or if this affects a new file... Advice would be appreciated. Assuming those "Current HP" and "Current FP" entries are even what the readme claims them to be. 
UPDATE 2: Subsequent testing and discussion with TamerBill has revealed that the "Hit Points" and "Force Points" values seen in KSE are misleadingly named. They don't store current HP and FP, but rather how many HP and FP you've accumulated from subsequent hit dice and Force dice (and they only store the pure dice total, not any bonuses from Ability Scores or feats); this is why they show as zero for a level 1 character. While it's good to know what's going on there, that does mean what I was seeing in KSE was a complete red herring for whatever broke Atton's Force powers.
UPDATE 3: It seems to have something to do with converting Atton before dealing with the Red Eclipse. I was forced to reload a save from before setting foot in the Refugee Sector to deal with problem F (detailed below), and this time I held off on making Atton a Jedi until after I cleansed the Ebon Hawk of Cahhmakt and his gang. Which seems to have done the trick - he could actually use his powers afterward on this file.

F. Because Obsidian's programmers were sloppy and also rushed, some of the sidequests are fussy messes - including Bonus Mission: Intergalactic Reunification. Basically, to actually complete the quest Light Side, you have no choice but to kill the guards at the entrance of the Refugee Quad when you first encounter with them (and depending on your stats, you might have to goad them in such a way that you take a Dark Side hit to actually start the fight). If you don't, the game doesn't allow you to tell Aaida that they're gone - even if not only those guards but Saquesh and every last Exchange goon in the area is dead as a smegging doornail. 😡 You still get the option to lie that they're gone at that point (even though again, they're for-real stone smegging dead), which triggers a Dark Side outcome, but you can't truthfully tell her they're dead (even though they couldn't be any deader if you landed the Ebon Hawk on them). It only counts if you kill them at that first encounter. And apparently either TSLRCM overlooked fixing this bit of Obsidiocy, or another mod I installed re-broke it.
** There might be some other way to get them to register as dead for the quest's purposes, actually, based on a vanilla vid I saw while researching something else. But idk if there's a guide detailing it, and the quest not realizing they're dead is still an obvious bug.
No.
For the short sword thing? Technically yes. For the others? No, not yet. I reloaded the same pre-race save to test the swoop thing, but not a different one.

UPDATE: I had an idea that it might have something to do with not having raced on Telos. I went back to that pre-race save again, and this time returned to Telos instead of trying the Nar Shaddaa track; I had the "hover" issue on the Telos track too. However,  I then loaded an older save on Telos from before I even left for the Restoration Zone. On that save, the swoop race behaved normally.
I am now left with a questions: Is the swoop races being broken by not racing on Telos before ever leaving Citadel Station a vanilla issue, or caused by a mod? If the latter, which mod? Is there a way to fix them with KSE?

I did try different saves for Atton, but it didn't help. I'll see if things turn out any different on the current file, because I wound up having to reload a still-earlier save because of the bug with Aaida.
UPDATE: Holding off on the conversation to make Atton a Jedi until after the Red Eclipse were dealt with seems to have done the trick.
No. But I'm going to. Yes, and it allowed me to find out that KSE has some labeling issues and what I was seeing with KSE was a red herring.
Windows 7

ZTS_K2_00319_Shortswordweirdness.jpg

ZTS_K2_00320_Shortswordweirdness.jpg

ZTS_K2_00321_Shortswordweirdness.jpg

ZTS_K2_00336_IT-31Stuck.jpg

ZTS_K2_00337_Swoophover.jpg

ZTS_K2_00364_AttonForceBroken.jpg

ZTS_K2_00368_WhatHPnFPshouldbe.jpg

ZTS_K2_00369_WhatHPnFPshouldbe.jpgZTS_HP_FP_Max_Current_Disconnect.thumb.jpg.abe29e4f3112b5adcca3c9d97f85658b.jpg

ZTS_K2_00380_AaidaBroken.jpg

Edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman
Noticed I forgot to finish a sentence

I did not see the "Restored Content Modification 1.8.5" or any variation of such as mentioned in step 5. While not major, the save files had a visual bug but only after the clicking load game after first running the game, the main issue came when I was unable to free my party or ship after talking to Atris in the Telos Academy.

Yes, I installed the latest version 1.5.6.

Steam version.

Yes as far as I can tell.

I made sure to un-install and reinstall the game before adding any mods.

I have installed Unofficial TSLRCM Tweak Pack and the TSLRCM Dialog Overhaul.

There was no crash, Atton and Kreia were at the entrance of the academy acting as cheat nodes and T3 would talk but did not give an option to interact with the computer.

A few times, when I did not see any difference in the main menu I continued with the mods installed.

I use multiple saves for the same run in case of file corruption, but as far as I could tell it played similarly between saves.

The initial game this happened with was a new game after the mods, but I did not create another new game afterwards.

Windows.

There is a good chance I may have improperly installed these files, for the time being I have removed the mod files, un-installed, re-installed, and verified the integrity of game files. A workshop guide I found recommended the legacypc beta version which I also opted out of for the time being. I hope something can be figured out.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:46 AM, ZeldaTheSwordsman said:

F. Because Obsidian's programmers were sloppy and also rushed, some of the sidequests are fussy messes - including Bonus Mission: Intergalactic Reunification. Basically, to actually complete the quest Light Side, you have no choice but to kill the guards at the entrance of the Refugee Quad when you first encounter with them (and depending on your stats, you might have to goad them in such a way that you take a Dark Side hit to actually start the fight). If you don't, the game doesn't allow you to tell Aaida that they're gone - even if not only those guards but Saquesh and every last Exchange goon in the area is dead as a smegging doornail. 😡 You still get the option to lie that they're gone at that point (even though again, they're for-real stone smegging dead), which triggers a Dark Side outcome, but you can't truthfully tell her they're dead (even though they couldn't be any deader if you landed the Ebon Hawk on them). It only counts if you kill them at that first encounter. And apparently either TSLRCM overlooked fixing this bit of Obsidiocy, or another mod I installed re-broke it.

You might want to double-check the front door to the refugee sector. I had the issue as well and found it was because the Gammorean guard at the door was hiding near the transition point.

1 hour ago, JDub96 said:

You might want to double-check the front door to the refugee sector. I had the issue as well and found it was because the Gammorean guard at the door was hiding near the transition point.

Zelda said they killed the guards and still couldn't complete the quest, leading them to believe the "Intergalactic Reunification" quest is bugged.

You do not have to make a dark choice to kill the guards on entry. Don't ask about Lootra, tell them you can't pay the toll, and they'll attack you to try and steal your stuff.

OTOH, if you leave them alive and kill them later you just have to run back to Aaida. When you enter the module take the path to the left, there is a trigger somewhere between the module entrance and the ramps leading down to the refugee area. I don't know if there is a trigger for the other two entrances from the Serocco territory, so that may be something to add in a future update.

My point was that I killed everyone, but this guard was hidden behind a part of the entrance so he never entered the fray. I'm just advising he perform a second sweep of the entrance.

• Light Side Points 1

6 hours ago, AmanoJyaku said:

Zelda said they killed the guards and still couldn't complete the quest, leading them to believe the "Intergalactic Reunification" quest is bugged.

You do not have to make a dark choice to kill the guards on entry. Don't ask about Lootra, tell them you can't pay the toll, and they'll attack you to try and steal your stuff.

OTOH, if you leave them alive and kill them later you just have to run back to Aaida. When you enter the module take the path to the left, there is a trigger somewhere between the module entrance and the ramps leading down to the refugee area. I don't know if there is a trigger for the other two entrances from the Serocco territory, so that may be something to add in a future update.

My point was that you might have to make a Dark choice if your Strength and Persuade are too good, IIRC. Or does telling them you can't pay the toll not bring up a Persuade check? I can't remember for sure, and not sure I still have a save where I can readily check.

I could swear I tried leaving and coming back to her when I ran into the problem on the Xbox version, and it didn't help. Do you have more details on this trigger point? Although it's a bit moot for me personally, since I long since reloaded and did things the way I knew worked.

6 hours ago, JDub96 said:

My point was that I killed everyone, but this guard was hidden behind a part of the entrance so he never entered the fray. I'm just advising he perform a second sweep of the entrance.

Oh, I got absolutely everybody - no ifs ands or buts. There wasn't a single guard left alive anywhere, I did a full circuit and checked absolutely everywhere (both to fill out the map and to loot the place), and they all go hostile if you've killed Saquesh so it's not like they wouldn't have attacked if I got close.

And yet, the "Intergalactic Reunification" quest did not recognize the gate guards (the only ones who count for the quest) as dead. This is a vanilla bug, and I know it's a vanilla bug (because it happened to me on the Xbox version as well). "Refugee Woes" acknowledged the Exchange goons as all being dead, but as far as "Intergalactic Reunification" was concerned the gate guards were still alive (even though they very clearly weren't); that screenshot of the Aaida conversation was taken after I'd killed every last Exchange goon and made sure. Obsidian seems to have royally screwed up the flags for that quest.

Luckily, I was able to get around it by loading an older save and killing the guards right off (l was able to aggro them without taking a Dark Side option, thankfully); on this reload-and-replay I also avoided the "phantom depletion" bug with Atton's powers by not making him a Jedi until after the Red Eclipse were dealt with.

Does anyone have any advice about the "Levitating Swoop" problem?

4 hours ago, ZeldaTheSwordsman said:

My point was that you might have to make a Dark choice if your Strength and Persuade are too good, IIRC. Or does telling them you can't pay the toll not bring up a Persuade check? I can't remember for sure, and not sure I still have a save where I can readily check.

I could swear I tried leaving and coming back to her when I ran into the problem on the Xbox version, and it didn't help. Do you have more details on this trigger point? Although it's a bit moot for me personally, since I long since reloaded and did things the way I knew worked.

You're correct that checks against strength, persuade, and credits prevent you from killing the guards on entry.

However, since I just arrived on Nar Shaddaa I tested by leaving the guards alive and going straight to Saquesh. Killing him turns the guards hostile. Killing them and then running to the exit updates the quest. You're not crazy, I've seen the "bug". But I don't don't believe it's a bug, we simply don't know what triggers the update.

If you want I can investigate the game files to figure out exactly how this quest is updated and PM you the results.

1 hour ago, AmanoJyaku said:

You're correct that checks against strength, persuade, and credits prevent you from killing the guards on entry.

However, since I just arrived on Nar Shaddaa I tested by leaving the guards alive and going straight to Saquesh. Killing him turns the guards hostile. Killing them and then running to the exit updates the quest. You're not crazy, I've seen the "bug". But I don't don't believe it's a bug, we simply don't know what triggers the update.

If you want I can investigate the game files to figure out exactly how this quest is updated and PM you the results.

That would be appreciated, although it would also be good to post the results publicly since A. that will help more people than just me and B. I already worked around it on this playthrough so my own need isn't urgent.

The "levitating swoop" bug is higher up on my personal concerns list right now. That one's causing a bit of a hold-up for me, it makes competing on Telos and Onderon impossible and since you only get one normal visit to Onderon (and are locked into the Dxun-Onderon line once you start it)... Kinda don't want to head to Onderon until there's a solution. Has anyone seen that bug before, or have any idea what caused it?