zbyl2

MOD:MOBILE Restored Content Mod (MTSLRCM)

I seem to be having trouble getting it installed in the first place. On my google pixel 3a XL my file path isn't Android-> Data ->com.aspyr.swkotor2/files/, its Android-> obb ->com.aspyr.swkotor2/files/, and I had to add the file folder after com.aspyr.swkotor2. Other then that I've added the DLC file with everything inside of the mods_english in the file spot I created as instructed, so it looks like Android-> obb ->com.aspyr.swkotor2/files/dlc/mods_english/[all files]/ . That said the logo on the main menu doesn't look any different, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here. 

edit: I was able to find the data file and place the dlc and subsequent files in the proper files path after I booted the game up once. The data files didn't exist until I started the game up for the first time. that said even with everything placed as it should be it's still not working, no change in the logo. I feel like I'm missing a step here but I'm not sure what. 
including a picture of where I inserted the file and the file path in the heading,

file path screenshot.png

Edited by Kadashi666

On 12/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, Drazgar said:

But the problem is, in TSL it's all hidden in the game's encrypted OBB archive

For correctness' sake, the OBB file, at least in the Android version (I haven't looked at the iOS version at all so far), isn't exactly encrypted. In fact, the files themselves aren't even compressed, but the resource list is zlib-compressed.

I've looked at the files a few days ago, planning to extent the unobb tool in xoreos-tools to make it read them as well: https://github.com/xoreos/xoreos-tools/issues/69

TL;DR: The KotOR2 Android OBBs, just like the Jade Empire Android OBBs, are a "virtual filesystem" (their terminology, they called their obb reading library libobbvfs.so). Essentially, the Jade Empire files were stored in 4096 byte blocks, zlib-compressed, with a zlib-compressed resource list at the end of the file. The KotOR2 ones are similar in principle, just that the files themselves are uncompressed for some reason. The resource list is still zlib-compressed though and has the exact same layout.

There are some differences in how I have to go about locating the resource list, though, and I'm currently a bit unsure how to go about it. Potentially, the solution is in finding out how one thing I so far ignored in the file works, a list of blocks. If that exists in the KotOR2 files as well, that is, I haven't checked. If everything fails, I'll just add a simple auto-detection heuristics with a command line flag to override that, but that feels a bit dirty.

I'll play around it a bit more over the coming days.

If anybody else has already looked at the OBB files, feels free to ping me, maybe we can collaborate a bit there. If nobody even cares about reading those, feel free to ignore me :)

EDIT: See https://github.com/xoreos/xoreos-tools/blob/master/src/aurora/obbfile.h and https://github.com/xoreos/xoreos-tools/blob/master/src/aurora/obbfile.cpp for more details on the current code that can read the Jade Empire files. Still unextended with my KotOR2 stuff, because that's still WIP and hacky :P

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Having trouble finding the Kotor ii files on pixel 3A running Android 11. Is this a known issue or am I dumb? And would connecting the phone to a desktop fix this issue?

Mobile version updated:

- Custom audio now plays

- Changed archive to ZIP to make it easier to extract and install on Android, without using a PC

Big thanks to @Drazgar for figuring out proper audio format for mobile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there a list of mods like this one, download and put in override file? I no longer have a pc to use the patcher.

Edited by Tyl3r1989

Got it installed on iOS. Two things:

1) With the latest version of itunes the only way I could find to install it was to plug in my phone. Click onto it in itunes. Find the “file sharing” page. Find KOTOR 2 and drag and drop the ‘dlc’ folder into the KOTOR 2 files. Couldn’t install it into a specific location, but it worked anyway. 

2) after installing it, all of the tutorials I get now tell me to use PC controls “WASD to move, left mouse button to interact, etc.” So if that bothers you you might want to hold off on installing for now

I'm using the Android version, with just MTSLRCM. I'm having a game breaking issue I've never had on PC. When the ravager alignment cutscenes triggers, after it plays, I am stuck in the ravagers cutscene cell.

The cutscene is being triggered in Entertainment Module 081 by the light side points from the sullistan/mercenaries encounter.

Just to add on,

I tried reverting to a previous save and comtinuing, and the problem still occurs,
I tried gaining light side points through a different encounter in the same module and it still occurs,
I tried gaining light side points in a different module and it still occurs.

I was able to bypass by removing the script from the override.

I have now gotten to the telos academy, where all of the sisters (except the handmaiden) are invisible. They are only invisible while in the academy (I can see them in the cutscene outside). I tried reloading an earlier save and coming back and they are still invisible.

Edited by darthbdaman

Encountered an error similar to the ravager error. Upon returning to telos to meet with atris toward the end of the game, the game crashes after the cutscenes where you land.

Removed mod to move forward and then put more back, so no rush on a fix for me. 

Also thanks for the mod and active support! You rock!

Edited by Eziahp

Hi everyone,

I follow your instructions to install this mod but don't know why the french mod doesn't work while the english works correctly

(Same for Italia/russian/spanish who doesn't work too)

Tks for your answer 👍

Edited by Pietro
I resolve the prob need to move the entire folder DLC and after delete the language folder who don't use. It's work perfectly 👌

On 1/7/2021 at 12:36 AM, spencerdiaz said:

This doesn't  work for android. 

Nope, this work for android, checked on OnePlus 3 andorid 9.

Is there currently a way to use the M4-78EP mod as well? (Android)

I was told that it should be as simple as downloading the mod and putting it in the right file, but so far I've had no luck getting it to run. 

Not sure if there needs to be an official mobile version or if I'm just doing something incorrectly. 

Im having an issue with my Samsung S20+ where after I finished Onderon as my third Jedi Master I went to Nar Shadda to finish the galactic trade route quests. After I finished that quest I cannot leave the planet as it crashes after all the traveling cinematics every time.

On 12/19/2020 at 12:25 PM, zbyl2 said:

Fixed. Redownload and reinstall the mod :)

If you install the mod correctly, the main menu logo will say "restored content mod".

I don't have an iOS device, so I'm not completely sure how the process works. Basically you need to copy dlc folder from download to kotor folder on your device.I saw this on reddit earlier: 

"Computer with iTunes, go to file sharing in iTunes and click Kotor, drag the “dlc” folder (after deleting its non English subfolders ) into the same main area as the game’s files such as “saves”

Edit: use the file transferring in Finder if you have a Mac since iTunes doesn’t exist any more"

this sucks for windows users cause i have same problem as below @zbyl2

On 12/18/2020 at 5:14 PM, chefalo said:

on my iPad pro I do not have an iTunes > Apps > Documents. I have an individual KOTOR II app folder but I cannot drag and drop and place the file in this spot 

Hey Zbyl2

Thanks for making a mobile friendly mod, love it, but sadly i hit a bump. When i leave Telos for the first time to find Bao-Dur, I get a black screen after the escape  cut scenes. If i load from that save, I find myself in party with Kreia and Atton, and only Bao-Durs Remote is hovering there. No bao -dur, and his cut scene is not triggered. What can i do?

Edited by Strodve

On 1/9/2021 at 9:56 AM, Pietro said:

Hi there, 

So excited about this. On my ipad 8th gen: I was able to access KOTOR 2 from itunes and transferred the mods_english file over but not seeing the RCM load screen so I'm imagining it didn't take. Is there somewhere else I should have added it? Or Do I need to xfer over the files within the folder one by one?

Hi I recently downloaded the mod I have downloaded it before however this time the game won't even load it crashes almost immediately. If anyone could help me that would be great thanks.