zbyl2

MOD:MOBILE Restored Content Mod (MTSLRCM)

MOBILE Restored Content Mod (MTSLRCM)

Experience famous restored content mod on your mobile device.

Install instructions:

Both iOS and Android place all files in a folder called ‘mods_english’ (or ‘mods_italian’, etc.) within a folder called ‘dlc’. So /dlc/mods_english/[all files]/.

1. Unzip mtslrcm.zip
2. dlc folder contains five subfolders, for each language version; feel free to delete ones you don't use.
3. Paste it in the install location:

iOS:
On iOS, they are placed in iTunes > Apps > Documents, in the same spot that the ‘saves’ folder goes.

ANDROID:
On Android the files should be placed in /Home/Android/data/com.aspyr.swkotor2/files/

As long as you’ve closed the game from the app switcher before launching with the mod, everything should work as normal."

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/17/2020
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    No

• Light Side Points 1

I have always been a console guy. Never used mods before. How do I know i install it correctly and that I am playing the mod version of the game and not the orginal. I always wanted to play this mod!

on my iPad pro I do not have an iTunes > Apps > Documents. I have an individual KOTOR II app folder but I cannot drag and drop and place the file in this spot 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

An issue I've been experiencing is a text bug where all control prompts in the game are using the computer keybinds. It'll say stuff like press space to unpause combat or press this key to open the map/open inventory. All the mobile controls work fine though with no issues so far so its only really noticeable during the prologue when all the tutorials pop up.

I'm having trouble doing this on my Note 20 Ultra. I read you're suppose to go Android-> Data ->com.aspyr.swkotor2/files/ but it doesn't exist and I can't create it in the folder.

Game mod keeps crashing for me on the peragus exterior for that restored movie and amazing mod because I was always a console guy myself and never experienced tslrcm before 

Edited by Razor2470

Not sure if i did everything right. I placed the mod in the right place but can't tell if it's working or not. i tried extracting the files but got a error message. should i do this part on pc?

I have the kotor 2 app on my iPhone. The download went into my Files app. Putting them under the same folder didn’t help either. Can you help?

Yeah for IOS can you explain the process. Pretty vague explanation. Do we need to be jailbroken?? IOS and Android are no where near the same OS

Just curious on if there's some sort of splash screen on the start menu to let you know you're playing the modded version like there is on PC. Start screen looks identical so I'm not sure if the mod is installed properly. Gonna boot it up and see if there's any difference noticed right away.

• Light Side Points 1

This is probably really basic, but how do I launch it? I put it in the files folder after extracting it and launch the game, but the "restored content" page doesn't come up like in PC

1 hour ago, RandolphCarter said:

This is probably really basic, but how do I launch it? I put it in the files folder after extracting it and launch the game, but the "restored content" page doesn't come up like in PC

U need drop dlc folder from archive to files folder.

14 hours ago, Razor2470 said:

Game mod keeps crashing for me on the peragus exterior for that restored movie and amazing mod because I was always a console guy myself and never experienced tslrcm before 

Fixed. Redownload and reinstall the mod :)

11 hours ago, TheGuitarHero365 said:

Just curious on if there's some sort of splash screen on the start menu to let you know you're playing the modded version like there is on PC. Start screen looks identical so I'm not sure if the mod is installed properly. Gonna boot it up and see if there's any difference noticed right away.

If you install the mod correctly, the main menu logo will say "restored content mod".

12 hours ago, DarthDolla said:

Yeah for IOS can you explain the process. Pretty vague explanation. Do we need to be jailbroken?? IOS and Android are no where near the same OS

I don't have an iOS device, so I'm not completely sure how the process works. Basically you need to copy dlc folder from download to kotor folder on your device.I saw this on reddit earlier: 

"Computer with iTunes, go to file sharing in iTunes and click Kotor, drag the “dlc” folder (after deleting its non English subfolders ) into the same main area as the game’s files such as “saves”

Edit: use the file transferring in Finder if you have a Mac since iTunes doesn’t exist any more"

There is a problem, in the Russian translation, the characters break in the dialogues, the matter is most likely in the font.

I pasted the files in the correct location, but when I start the game it is the original screen, it does not show restored content. Any ideas? 

Edit: nevermind, I pasted the DLC folder instead of the MODS-ENGLISH and it works.

Edited by Protectnor

13 hours ago, Nemezis said:

There is a problem, in the Russian translation, the characters break in the dialogues, the matter is most likely in the font.

Yeah I talked to a guy responsible for russian translation about that - we don't know how to fix that yet, fonts work differently on mobile than on PC.

8 hours ago, dqninja25 said:

do you have to start a new game or can you install and pick up from where you progressed so far?

start new game

Well if you're still on peragus it probably won't matter much

13 hours ago, Nemezis said:

the matter is most likely in the font.

Exactly. What makes it worse, there seems to be a different font file used on different platforms (IOS, Android etc). All we need to know is how those are named, so we can swap the dialog font TGA. But the problem is, in TSL it's all hidden in the game's encrypted OBB archive. But it seems we already found some suspects.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:27 AM, LordMogar said:

I'm having trouble doing this on my Note 20 Ultra. I read you're suppose to go Android-> Data ->com.aspyr.swkotor2/files/ but it doesn't exist and I can't create it in the folder.

I believe this is due to Android 11's scoped storage. You can no longer access files in this area from within the android system itself (If you find a way I'd love to know it as this is really annoying). To install the mod you simply need to link your phone to a pc & access the android file system from there. 

I downloaded the mod and placed files in the correct place as start screen shows it is restored content version but my game still crashes on harbinger cutscene.  Any ideas?

10 hours ago, Cram420 said:

I downloaded the mod and placed files in the correct place as start screen shows it is restored content version but my game still crashes on harbinger cutscene.  Any ideas?

When did you download? You might need to redownload to make sure you got a new version.

I can’t seem to download the file at all... I use the iOS system but can’t download it... is something wrong?? Or do I need to do other things to access the download link in order to download it?

3 hours ago, JayRoyale said:

I can’t seem to download the file at all... I use the iOS system but can’t download it... is something wrong?? Or do I need to do other things to access the download link in order to download it?

Use your computer to download and unrar, then put the files on your phone using USB 

On 12/18/2020 at 5:14 PM, chefalo said:

on my iPad pro I do not have an iTunes > Apps > Documents. I have an individual KOTOR II app folder but I cannot drag and drop and place the file in this spot 

You need to connect your ipad to your mac or pc, go to itunes and do it from there. That's how I did it, even though the mod still isn't working for me personally.